Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 16 - League & Cup Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yay! In quarter final of cup! Lucky draw really..but last div 3 team standing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

crisco10 wrote: »
    Yay! In quarter final of cup! Lucky draw really..but last div 3 team standing!

yeah lucky you..you are playing Cork Dragons who beat me (just) in the last round. I reckon they could be there for the taking. Good luck...and if you want any info on my tactics pm me in BR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

So crisco10 is the only one here having fun midseason? :D

it's the boring time of BR, though this season is a little more interesting as I am picking my battles to survive! And doing sufficient so far - match the results and I am home and dry! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    So crisco10 is the only one here having fun midseason? :D

it's the boring time of BR, though this season is a little more interesting as I am picking my battles to survive! And doing sufficient so far - match the results and I am home and dry! :D

I'm not embracing the boredom this season, I have to make every match count if I'm to take the top spot going into the play-offs. At best it'll come down to points difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

corny wrote: »
    Those Golfini bastards always get it easy:D

Openside are now Rockcorry Bucks.

Oh ffs I was a week off that utter prick going bot.

• Advertisement

Good luck in the Cup tonight crisco...I see the journo has written you off...hope you cork dragons do too - & then u kick ass:D

daheff wrote: »
    Good luck in the Cup tonight crisco...I see the journo has written you off...hope you cork dragons do too - & then u kick ass:D

Cheers daheff. Stars are pretty even..if you exclude rucking, he is 0.5 stars up. Include it and im 0.5 stars up!!

Assume he normalled.

Is there anything my loosehead Andjaba can't do?? He claimed a lineout, then chipped through!
    Andjaba looks casual as he strolls into the lineout.. He nods to Langmore and explodes quickly into the air before the Cork Dragons lineout forwards can react. Easy ball for the Men Who Stare At Goats there... Looks like something creative here from the Men Who Stare At Goats. Andjaba makes a clever diagonal chip through the Cork Dragons line for Paul and Torrazza to chase

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭corny

Is there anything my loosehead Andjaba can't do?? He claimed a lineout, then chipped through!

Even more impressive for a prop "explodes quickly into the air":D

Semi final Crisco congrats.

corny wrote: »
    Even more impressive for a prop "explodes quickly into the air":D

Semi final Crisco congrats.

Jaysus, don't say that!

• Advertisement

Jaysus, don't say that!

18 pts up with 20mins to go...better hope FOTG doesnt make a reappearance!!!!:eek:

18 pts up with 20mins to go...better hope FOTG doesnt make a reappearance!!!!:eek:

Make it 13 with 18mins! :(

20pts with 8 mins...job done...well done Crisco10

I think you're the first boards semi finalist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Good man Crisco10 - Flying the Boards flag. and from Div III too, nice work!

20pts with 8 mins...job done...well done Crisco10

I think you're the first boards semi finalist?

Surely not, I'm sure Jp, Orizio or one of the older heads has done it before?

In reality, this is one of the luckiest cup runs ever. Even today, Cork Dragons got three injuries, I got one. In previous rounds, I have had people lie over WNWIM when I think they could have beaten me and the teams who are ranked ahead of me "normalled"...And league fixtures fell well for energy conservation...

And thanks Daheff for the tactical info, I sent you a BR mail with my tactics today.

And one other thing. HAHA STEACYM! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Holy sh*t! Just realised im ranked number 4 in the country and broke into the top 100 in the world....i need to lie down!

Ugh.

Playing Stab County. Getting crushed. Really poor show. Used exact same tactics that always beat him (and since he never changes tactics...) and a really similar team. Absolute fail.

Actually cripples my promotion hopes, oh my.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Extra, Extra! Check out the front page of Irish news. I am interviewed as a newbie to the game! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Holy sh*t! Just realised im ranked number 4 in the country and broke into the top 100 in the world....i need to lie down!

I had meant to post a few weeks ago that there were something like 6 boards teams in the top 20 (I had the same shock as you as I was ranked about 15th in Ireland at the time but have dropped back into the 30's now).

Thought it was cool how well the teams on here are doing and developing from when I started in S6. There are still 5 teams in the boards league this season who are top 20 with Bogwarriors who used to play in there too.

Actually when checking to see if I did post that I found a thread from 2009 when rankings were brought in where a few teams were ranked in the 80's in Ireland seemed to be the best.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055713762

Another 3 years and we'll control Div 1! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Surely not, I'm sure Jp, Orizio or one of the older heads has done it before?

I think Polk High got to a semi before and are in the other semi this year (Boards final anyone! :eek:).

Actually got bored and had a check back to see if I missed Jp or anyone doing it after they stopped posting here as much. Turns out Johnefitz got to the final with Fight Club way back in S9 although I don't think he was around boards then.

Anyway congrats! And remember (this goes for you too Js) I want my boards final! :P

• Advertisement

mar-z wrote: »
    I think Polk High got to a semi before and are in the other semi this year (Boards final anyone! :eek:).

Actually got bored and had a check back to see if I missed Jp or anyone doing it after they stopped posting here as much. Turns out Johnefitz got to the final with Fight Club way back in S9 although I don't think he was around boards then.

Anyway congrats! And remember (this goes for you too Js) I want my boards final! :P

Think J has a much better chance than me. Didnt see pre match stars but I need a miracle with the difference in CSR, Energy and Form!

mar-z wrote: »

Sorry guys but the final was just one step too far but the gap is narrowing on the ruffians. Another season or 2 and hopefully can give him a decent game.

Polk High, what happened last weekend dude...

Orizio wrote: »
    Polk High, what happened last weekend dude...

Rested first team for the big showdown against the ruffians in the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

A welcome windfall from my point of view. Looking over your shoulder Orizio? The next couple of weeks will decide a lot.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.league.php#page=standings&id=127820

A welcome windfall from my point of view. Looking over your shoulder Orizio? The next couple of weeks will decide a lot.

Nothing worse than having Bogwarriors taking ya from behind! The fear!

I assume you'll be doing the same for me a few weeks...right? RIGHTTT??????

Didn't even know you were in my league mate, shur I only pay attention to the going-ons in my half of the group...

Do you still have to play the bot Dave...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Orizio wrote: »
    Do you still have to play the bot Dave...
    Yep, week 14

Advertisement