Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 16 - League & Cup Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifer, see there you've beaten me twice in our years in BR. And at halftime, it's looking like you'll be waiting another while for your third win!!:D

hopes not spoken too soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    Fewcifer, see there you've beaten me twice in our years in BR. And at halftime, it's looking like you'll be waiting another while for your third win!!:D

hopes not spoken too soon!

Ah yeah, sure I've all the young lads out on WNWIM. I'd be worried if you weren't beating me by at least 30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

What's the most you've ever beaten a bot by? I have a bot in week 16, and there's a very real possibility that Orizio and I could end up level on points. Right now, I'm behind by 105 on points difference, so I'd need maybe 140/150 points. Is that possible LTNT with lots of creative/expansive?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.league.php#page=standings&id=127820

What's the most you've ever beaten a bot by? I have a bot in week 16, and there's a very real possibility that Orizio and I could end up level on points. Right now, I'm behind by 105 on points difference, so I'd need maybe 140/150 points. Is that possible LTNT with lots of creative/expansive?

I usually get 120+ pts in round one of the cup against bots at WNWIM so hit normal and you should get more than the 105 easily IMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

131 last week.

You'll need 20+ tries in 80 minutes of rugby. Thats a converted try every 4 minutes.

• Advertisement

Sounds like an exciting finish. Possibly have something similar. Currently tied on points for first place, with him having the score difference. I'm only 20 behind, but he has two easier matches coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Girlfriends ltnted a bot a few weeks ago for the same reason got 120+ points.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=9134379

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Any chance of a bit of advice here lads?

So I'm top of my div IV league and will be top place for the play-offs, where I'll get a bot team in the semi and then a human team in the final, but my problem is that I'm just above the auto promote bar in the promotion tables and I reallllllly don't want to get promoted by I really want the 1st prize 40% purse.

How can I win the league but not go up? I'll need to play LTNT in the final to make sure I get the cash, as that's number 1 priority, but if I go up there will be hammerings on an unprecedented level in Div III as I need about two more seasons in Div IV to get the foundations right before I'm ready to move up...any suggestions or just accept my fate and put the season down as a write-off?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

lose rankings points by losing this weekend and your games on monday before the final, thats 3 matchs. and if your still above autopromote id say promote anyway the extra money and members will be worth but it will be boring losing ever game i suppose. is there no chance you stay up?

I'd say promote and go for promotion, you will improve your team faster under pressure than walking through Div IV.

I got promoted to Div II the season before last, got annihilated, went back to Div III and walked through it as my team was far far superior and this season I am secure in top 4 of Div II. You learn far more about which players can cut it.

Also as training in matches is based on the opposition these days you will be getting better training in all your matches. Pick and choose your LTNT's and have it planned for the season. You could surprise yourself, top 4 in Div III is achievable with good strategy and tactics.

Also you get more members=more money weekly etc. yes if you stay up you might not get prize money but I think in the long run you will benefit far far more from promotion. and if you survive next season you will certainly be in a position to get top 4 IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Well, as they say in Thailand, Phuket.

Maybe I'll just go up and take my chances. Wont be fun, but maybe it's worth battling to stay up and improve the team.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Well, as they say in Thailand, Phuket.

Maybe I'll just go up and take my chances. Wont be fun, but maybe it's worth battling to stay up and improve the team.

i taught id get relegated this season in div.2 in zim had the worse csr average team in the div but im currently 4th and now have loads of players over 50k when at the start of last season had none and have upgrade the stadium by 3k thats without standing

Yup always the best plan to promote if you can! The igt, what you learn, more money, more members.100% worth it.

Had a similar season to eof in div 2 a few seasons ago. Well worth it!

To echo the rest, go for the promotion!

I think the majority of boards teams go out of Div IV in the first season, get bounced down, bounce back up and stayed there. A few managed to fight on and avoid the drop even. Definitely more worthwhile to battle in Div III then take it handy in Div IV. Better for your team and your enjoyment of the game. One major scalp in Div III is a far greater buzz than just dominating in Div IV for a season.

1 point away win, doesn't get any sweeter. Guaranteed a home semi now.:cool:

Beat a bot next week and Home Semi it is for me! Yeeha! Energy levels won't be too bad either, WNWIM for the last 4 weeks of the season...(needed it after a draining cup run!)

Was sure of a win today, but the margin wasn't enough.

Currently sitting top of the league, but only by 7 points diff.

I'm against 3rd place next, 2nd place is against a minnow, so no chance I'll win on points diff.

A home semi, but, I would have liked the top spot.

How far ahead of 3rd are you?? Can wnwim and save some energy/

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

slightly disgusted with my season, plan was to finish in a playoff spot in Div.3 for the first time!

The 4 teams i thought i had the better of basically all TNTed me home and away, i still won 7 of 8* (thats including the win i should have this weekend)
    But as a result of those problems i havn't had the energy to try upset any of the 3 teams ahead of me.

Had a few positives at the same time thou, i think i have the top 3 teams figured out for next season.

Didnt reach my goal of playoffs this season. But i WILL next season! :pac:

crisco10 wrote: »
    How far ahead of 3rd are you?? Can wnwim and save some energy/

3rd can't catch me, so the whole first team will be off the pitch for that encounter.

I'll have to play him next match as well of course. Doubt I can work the points difference, but, having an entire 2nd XV gives me some options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Draw or better and I get 4th, lose by 14 points or more with them getting a bonus point and I'm relegated in 7th.

Big game!! :eek:

mar-z wrote: »
    Draw or better and I get 4th, lose by 14 points or more with them getting a bonus point and I'm relegated in 7th.

Big game!! :eek:

:eek: indeed!!! What game is that, may drop in on it...

I'm playing a bot. Great for energy, useless for excitement! I'm glad of the team going bot (Ether XV), that team had a sleeping giant feel to them, always caused me undue stress. Now the giant is defo dead...

Just realised, my league is decided all the way down! 5th can swap with 6th but thats the only change...unless 7th win by 150+ points.

made a mistake in both my games today should of normalled keogh in my main game would of kept 4th instead im losing 12-0 but currently the 5th place team is losing 7-0 yay.

also my affiliate i forgot to tnt im going wnwnm might still win and then stay up but if i lose im relegated :(
    im the dannys

:eek: indeed!!! What game is that, may drop in on it...

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=9133499

The stars look very good to me though. He may not of ltnt'd. I was taking no chances though.

Should be comfortable unless I butchered the tactics.

mar-z wrote: »

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=9133499

The stars look very good to me though. He may not of ltnt'd. I was taking no chances though.

Should be comfortable unless I butchered the tactics.

Surprised the blues accepted relegation!

I really hate rolling over at home but rest is needed for the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

TheJims wrote: »
    slightly disgusted with my season, plan was to finish in a playoff spot in Div.3 for the first time!

Didnt reach my goal of playoffs this season. But i WILL next season! :pac:

Scratch all the above.. i got a bonus point win, and the team in forth thought they could Normal the team in 8th and save some energy for the semifinal, they lost and didnt get a LBP so i leapfrogged him into 4th! unreal !!

corny wrote: »
    Surprised the blues accepted relegation!

I really hate rolling over at home but rest is needed for the playoffs.

Yeah they went wnwim, they would have had a shot at overturning me if they had went for it. Glad they didn't obviously.

Due to the tnt I'm going to take a right hammering in the playoffs though. Although now that I made it the II.3 play-offs are an all boardsie affair! :cool:

Ugh. Form plays such a massive role, I hadn't fully fathomed. Threw out my 2nd string team (including everyone on ****e form who wasn't going to get near the play-offs) and TNTed hoping for a schneaky victory. Actually lost. Fail.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ugh. Form plays such a massive role, I hadn't fully fathomed. Threw out my 2nd string team (including everyone on ****e form who wasn't going to get near the play-offs) and TNTed hoping for a schneaky victory. Actually lost. Fail.

Yup, been watching those red arrows in the form field with dismay over the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Yup, been watching those red arrows in the form field with dismay over the last few weeks.

It's actually unbelievably important. I'd nearly say more so of late, though I don't think they've made any changes, I think I've just had some unlucky matches. Bizarrely, all my kickers were in terrible form a few weeks ago, to the point where if I wanted any conversions I'd have to throw on the 5th choice 18 year old kicker. Oh my.

Advertisement