Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Oooh

tdkr-limited-edition-br-box-art-left.jpg?1349126048

tdkr-limited-edition-br-box-art-right.jpg?1349126063

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

krudler wrote: »
    Oooh

tdkr-limited-edition-br-box-art-left.jpg?1349126048

tdkr-limited-edition-br-box-art-right.jpg?1349126063

Whats ultraviolet ??

edit - ok I guess its ---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UltraViolet_(system)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Guess I will be buying the full trilogy after all after seeing that. :o :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You might want to hold off. It seems Warners will be releasing an "Ultimate Collector's Edition" of the trilogy in the latter half of 2013. No other details as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

You might want to hold off. It seems Warners will be releasing an "Ultimate Collector's Edition" of the trilogy in the latter half of 2013. No other details as of yet.

Followed by the mega super duper edition for the 10 year anniversary in 2015, remastered edition in 2017 to co-incide with the release of 4k in the home and the epic, directors cut with never before seen 5 second footage of Selina Kyle's bum in 2020.

:p

And let's not mention the amusingly named 'Definitive Edition' to mark the 20th anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Followed by the mega super duper edition for the 10 year anniversary in 2015, remastered edition in 2017 to co-incide with the release of 4k in the home and the epic, directors cut with never before seen 5 second footage of Selina Kyle's bum in 2020..

SOLD!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I presume I'll be able to buy the trilogy in Bluray without the that stupid broken cowl thing?

And releasing another version only next year is disgracful but unfortunately it seems to be the done thing these days...greedy so and sos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I'm assuming it has finished its run everywhere by now? Really regretting not going to see it again. Ah well, roll on the blu-ray!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's still showing in IMAX over here. Went to see it last night and it was something else. I didn't expect it to be but it was so much better the second time. An incredible end to an amazing trilogy.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 impala67

i saw this the week it came out it was better than the dark knight, it was a good ending to the saga now for the rebot....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I'm assuming it has finished its run everywhere by now? Really regretting not going to see it again. Ah well, roll on the blu-ray!
    I'm hoping it (along with Inception and The Dark Knight) will play in Cineworld again once it gets its Imax screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Did anyone notice the kitchen scene with Gordon and some cops around 2 hours into the movie ?
    Looked very similar where the joker gate crashed the mobs meeting in the Dark Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

e_e wrote: »
    I'm hoping it (along with Inception and The Dark Knight) will play in Cineworld again once it gets its Imax screen.

What's this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jimdagym wrote: »

What's this now?

What Imax screen? Didn't there used to be one on that site and it was removed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

I'd say if their is a new Imax screen it wont be real 70mm Imax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Does anyone know of any cinemas in dublin still showing this?

Has anyone a link to the script ?
    Also near the start of the movie in the sewer,Bane tosses away a cup of water when his cronies bring him Jim Gordon.How is he supposed to drink it, He didn't exactly have the mask off ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

cloud493 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any cinemas in dublin still showing this?

Only places showing it over here were showing the IMAX version and that's now been replaced by Skyfall.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Also near the start of the movie in the sewer,Bane tosses away a cup of water when his cronies bring him Jim Gordon.How is he supposed to drink it, He didn't exactly have the mask off ?

Reminiscing what used to be

Gamb!t wrote: »

Straw?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

bane-50086a4e62f6f.jpg

manly. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Got an excellent copy recently, watched it again yesterday. Love it. Looking forward to getting it on bluray and seeing the extras.
    I hear there's a bit that's cut out that when Bane escapes on the bike after the stock exchange bit, he goes for a drive through and has big mac meal, before he heads back to Dagget. He has the big mac meal in the car park, because he doesn't want people looking at him if he had it inside.
    There's also another bit that's cut out, Batman stops to get petrol on his way to the stock exchange. He get €20 of petrol and also buys a bag of minstrels for himself and Moro for Alfred for when he gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MJ23 wrote: »
    Got an excellent copy recently, watched it again yesterday. Love it. Looking forward to getting it on bluray and seeing the extras.
    I hear there's a bit that's cut out that when Bane escapes on the bike after the stock exchange bit, he goes for a drive through and has big mac meal, before he heads back to Dagget. He has the big mac meal in the car park, because he doesn't want people looking at him if he had it inside.
    There's also another bit that's cut out, Batman stops to get petrol on his way to the stock exchange. He get €20 of petrol and also buys a bag of minstrels for himself and Moro for Alfred for when he gets back.

But wait, €20? How come they didn't show him at the Buerau de Change changing his Bat-Bucks to Euros?

ANOTHER massive plot hole!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

MrStuffins wrote: »
    How come they didn't show him at the Buerau de Change changing his Bat-Bucks to Euros?

GothCard.jpg

:P

Straw?
    He'd probably need a very small straw then.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTc00TH3a9fSV4ussOLvBHit_pZDXqZ-dm55_BPj8WpoPoFahI9RdC1OtcZA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I loved this film but it was very sloppy.
    If you were to pick holes in it you'd be there all night.
    For me, one of the daftest things was the fact that the cops could keep up with Batman in the big chase scene when he was on his bike.
    There are plenty of road bikes that can easily achieve 180MPH FFS.

I loved this film but it was very sloppy.
    If you were to pick holes in it you'd be there all night.
    For me, one of the daftest things was the fact that the cops could keep up with Batman in the big chase scene when he was on his bike.
    There are plenty of road bikes that can easily achieve 180MPH FFS.

the batpod hadn't been serviced for 8 years, bound to lose some horsepower after that long :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

the batpod hadn't been serviced for 8 years, bound to lose some horsepower after that long :pac:

And what happened to the bike after he snaked down that alleyway and fecked off in the flying thing?

Advertisement