Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - seen thread *SPOILERS WITHIN* See Mod Warning in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

cloud493 wrote: »
    What would they have done if someone had somehow made it across the ice? :pac:

73f4126dfbce39ad29bd5abc3184cb92_20111121.jpeg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭the_djoker

Btw in the first scene in the plane whose body was in the body bag ? And why the blood transfusion ? To make it look like the Russian scientist body with analysis ?

Strange scene ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Finally got to see it, loved it.
    Bane was as good as expected, I did find him a little hard to understand at times though and thought that they could have made a better job of his voice.
    They could have done without showing Bruce and Selina at the end and using the name Robin was a bit daft.
    I did really like the ending though, other than that.

Would be nice if Bane was still alive.

@the_djoker
    The CIA confirmed that the body found in the plane wreckage was that of the Russian Nuclear Scientist, do it obviously wasn't him.
    The blood transfusion was obviously part of Bane's plan to trick them into thinking the scientist was dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The Dark Knight Rises will be available to buy in the UK and US before Christmas.

Warner Bros made the announcement by uploading a new trailer for the movie to YouTube. The final frame reads: "Look for it on Blu-ray and download to own". You can watch the new trailer at the bottom of this article.

A message posted below the video confirms that the movie will be available on both "Blu-Ray Combo Pack" and digital download from December 3, but the cover art and special features have yet to be revealed.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/the-dark-knight-rises-blu-ray-release-date-announced/286834

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Near the end of the film, the cop (Quinn from Dexter), shouting at Blake is very annoying. I'll definitely be forwarding through that bit when i have my own copy of the movie.

Also, i know this is trivial, but why does Bruce's electricity get cut off on the day he goes bankrupt? Over here you won't get cut off until you haven't paid the Bill for about 3 or 4 months.

• Advertisement

I think originally Bane used a drug called Venom that increased his powers, it was administered through the mask.
    I preferred it though that his strength was natural.
    His demise was quite disappointing but having watched it a second time I think he could be brought back.
    He was hit in the chest and may have been wearing armour.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

The theatrical cut is the director's cut. But there's not going to be an extended cut either because there's nothing to add back it. The only thing Nolan cuts out of his films is the air between lines of dialogue. Anything that doesn't serve the plot is excised during the scripting stage. The flashback referred to in the link above was only a single sentence in the script and probably no more than a shot in the film. The only other significant cuts was a brief scene between Fox and Miranda and a shot of Foley getting run over by a Tumbler (which was possibly changed on the spot due to technical issues).

Not at all true, there was footage of Bane shot that didn't make it into the film. Of Bane training in the pit using a makeshift mask. Was meant to be a good sequence too.

EDIT: Just actually opened the link, and it confirms what I just said. I've heard many reports of this footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Andy!! wrote: »
    Not at all true, there was footage of Bane shot that didn't make it into the film. Of Bane training in the pit using a makeshift mask. Was meant to be a good sequence too.

EDIT: Just actually opened the link, and it confirms what I just said. I've heard many reports of this footage.

I don't think it will ever be added to the film though, maybe just deleted scenes.

Also even if it is added, it's just 2 scenes that will probably last a minute or 2 tops.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Andy!! wrote: »

There is footage of Bane in the training put, but it's not a whole sequence. It was an insert during Talia's voice-over flashback at the end of the film. It's only a single line in the script. It's probably about 3 or 4 seconds of footage at most.
    INT. TEMPLE, LEAGUE OF SHADOWS - DAY

Bane in a prototype mask, stands on logs, blocking blows from men with sticks.

TALIA (V.O.) But my father could not accept Bane.

Ra's al Ghul watches Bane training. Turns away.

INT. LOBBY, CITY HALL - CONTINUOUS

Talia looks into Bane's eyes as she holds the knife in Batman's side.

TALIA He saw only a monster who could never be tamed. Whose very existence was a reminder of the hell he'd left his wife to die in. He excommunicated Bane from the League of Shadows. His only crime was that he loved me. I could not truly forgive my father...

Everything except the bit in bold is in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I think originally Bane used a drug called Venom that increased his powers, it was administered through the mask.
    I preferred it though that his strength was natural.
    His demise was quite disappointing but having watched it a second time I think he could be brought back.
    He was hit in the chest and may have been wearing armour.
    I don't understand the ambiguity surrounding Bane's death.The Batpod has serious firepower,no one could survive that wearing armour.
    Look what it did in the TDK(Cars) and also in TDKR( Catwoman squeezed off a few rounds to the blockade).

• Advertisement

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I don't understand the ambiguity surrounding Bane's death.The Batpod has serious firepower,no one could survive that wearing armourLlook what it did in the TDK(Cars) and also in TDKR Catwoman squeezed off a few rounds to the blockade.

It's not so much ambiguity, as possibility.
    Perhaps a different round was fired, it only sent him flying back, it didn't obliterate him, like it did the blockade it hit earlier.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's not so much ambiguity, as possibility.
    Perhaps a different round was fired, it only sent him flying back, it didn't obliterate him, like it did the blockade it hit earlier.

This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed him to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisibil!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Some unseen pics from The Dark Knight.
    http://imgur.com/a/reNSM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

cursai wrote: »
    Some unseen pics from The Dark Knight.
    http://imgur.com/a/reNSM

Very good - where did you find those?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Those are clearly pics Bale took himself at home while he was playing in his suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Those pics have been around for a few years, a lot of those were used in the posters and DVD cases:

d557d1050683.jpg
    dark_knight_ver3_xlg.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Dr. Ego

Dr. Ego wrote: »

Cheers for that.

Let's not stand on ceremony...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"peace has cost you your strenght, victory has defeated you!" I love that line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

tumblr_ma2dymPcZS1ql17wq.jpg

This. When's it out here, beginning of December?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I might actually buy a blue ray player just for that set.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

How come the dark knight and the dark knight rises have two discs each? Are they making off dvds?

How come the dark knight and the dark knight rises have two discs each? Are they making off dvds?

I'd say so, my copy of the dark knight blu ray has two discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd say so, my copy of the dark knight blu ray has two discs.
    I've got both the BB and TDK blu rays, anyone else have these but would consider buying the trilogy boxset? If so, why?

I've got both the BB and TDK blu rays, anyone else have these but would consider buying the trilogy boxset? If so, why?

I do :pac: and because it looks pretty.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

lemme know if there's any extra TDK bits not on the blu ray release :) Might just pick it up as I don't have BB on blu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

No word on price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This. When's it out here, beginning of December?

December 3rd according to several sites.

Advertisement