Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

keesa wrote: »
    I've had a bad week and I'll definitely be up tonight.

I'm trying to change my perspective on it. Not being so hard on myself and accepting that sometimes there are bad food days and not to blame myself because I think that keeps me in the rut

if i have a bad food day, i try to cast my mind back to what a bad food day USED to be like when I was 15st 8lb! The difference now is incredible, and I find a bad food day now would have been me 'eating healthy' at my heaviest, if you get me. You have worked your butt off quite literally so don't beat yourself up about it. Onward and downward! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Up one. And Back on the wagon. This week won't be as tough because there's not as much on and I did a bit of comfort eating last week which did the damage and the chest infection is almost gone now so I'll be able to manage it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey everyone, Am down 1lb today:) Onwards and Downwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey everyone, Am down 1lb today:) Onwards and Downwards!

Well done!

I am eating everything ...i am like a monster ;-( rahhh!

• Advertisement

I decided to make broccoli soup today. I usually just make butternut squash or carrot and turnip and TBH I'm getting quite bored. This is such a nice change! It's just a head of broccoli chopped and boiled with a stock cube and a clove of garlic. It does need a pinch of salt and pepper, but I feel like eating the whole batch! DELISH!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Going to Captin America's Saturday night. Have planned for it so kept 40 weeklies(and will have dailys) and won't be drinking. Can still imagion that I could do some damage, especially on 3.courses. Anybody have any tips/ idea of points?

http://www.captainamericas.com/graftonst/menu/

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭AG123

Well I had my first weigh in for my latest return to WW today. Just down a pound. Very disappointed with this but I know where I went wrong. Did the filling and healthy last week so going to try counting daily points this week and hopefully I'll do better next week. 13 weeks til Christmas so I suppose a pound a week would be that stone I want to shake off! Hope everyone is getting on well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mandygav wrote: »
    Well I had my first weigh in for my latest return to WW today. Just down a pound. Very disappointed with this but I know where I went wrong. Did the filling and healthy last week so going to try counting daily points this week and hopefully I'll do better next week. 13 weeks til Christmas so I suppose a pound a week would be that stone I want to shake off! Hope everyone is getting on well!
    A pound off is still a weight loss, I wouldn't let it get you down.

Exactly. Google what a pound of fat looks like and you won't be so disappointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Pingi wrote: »
    Going to Captin America's Saturday night. Have planned for it so kept 40 weeklies(and will have dailys) and won't be drinking. Can still imagion that I could do some damage, especially on 3.courses. Anybody have any tips/ idea of points?

http://www.captainamericas.com/graftonst/menu/

For appetisers I would say the bruchetta or the ribs. Not the best choices but the best of a bad bunch.

For main course I would say the Cajun salmon or the grilled chicken deluxe (without the bun because you will probably have fries with it) or the southern salad or simple salad with chicken breast or the chicken fajitas and don't use much of the sauces.

For dessert I would say the icecream with chocolate or strawberry sauce.

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭AG123

keesa wrote: »
    Exactly. Google what a pound of fat looks like and you won't be so disappointed!

Thanks, ye are right! It's going in the right direction I suppose! Great idea Keesa, just googled it! That cheered me up! A pound is nothing to be sniffed at!:)

I would really like to rejoin ww but so skint. Weight is staying thesame even going down a few pounds but eating worse and way more take outs ;-(

honeygirl wrote: »
    Well done! 3lb is a brilliant loss:)

Started walking again myself, just curious what kind of Wally you are giving the walks and for what kind of time?I never know what speed to be at!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Got my head back in the game 2 weeks ago after finding myself back up a stone above my goal weight. Made a goal of 1lb a week to Xmas to get it off and 2 weeks in and I'm already down 7.5lbs! Pretty delighted. Have my first half marathon next weekend, full of nerves and excitement for it! Pretty terrified!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I can't keep focused at all :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Got my head back in the game 2 weeks ago after finding myself back up a stone above my goal weight. Made a goal of 1lb a week to Xmas to get it off and 2 weeks in and I'm already down 7.5lbs! Pretty delighted. Have my first half marathon next weekend, full of nerves and excitement for it! Pretty terrified!

Well done :)

I have had a disaster of a week, it was my birthday on Wednesday and I let the indulgence and celebrations continue on. No where near as bad a week if I wasn't doing WW but still going to be up and it's only my 3rd week :(

Need to just draw a line under it and move on :)

Come on purple pawprints, you can do it too :) tomorrow is a new day:)

I can't keep focused at all :'(

Same. Want to buddy up online and set challenges or something to keep each other motivated? Any interest in running? I dunno!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Monife wrote: »
    Well done :)

I have had a disaster of a week, it was my birthday on Wednesday and I let the indulgence and celebrations continue on. No where near as bad a week if I wasn't doing WW but still going to be up and it's only my 3rd week :(

Need to just draw a line under it and move on :)

Come on purple pawprints, you can do it too :) tomorrow is a new day:)

Snap! My birthday also was last Wednesday, and I've been very slack since. I missed my weigh in last week, and I'm not sure I'll make tomorrow's. So I'm getting out my tracker now, and tracking in advance for the next couple of days. I'm also packing my lunch, because I find that's a big help.

metime wrote:
    Same. Want to buddy up online and set challenges or something to keep each other motivated? Any interest in running? I dunno!!
    I need a kick up the arse!

I do have a bit of an interest in running.. I got about 6 weeks into Couch to 5k and stopped. :o

• Advertisement

metime wrote: »
    Started walking again myself, just curious what kind of Wally you are giving the walks and for what kind of time?I never know what speed to be at!!!

Hi Metime, I try and power walk and put as much wally into it as I can, if I can run some of it I do that too. I usually try to stay out for about an hour and a half, if I finish quicker I try and make the route longer. Just go at the speed that you are comfortable with, you will get faster as time goes on.

I need a kick up the arse!

I do have a bit of an interest in running.. I got about 6 weeks into Couch to 5k and stopped. :o

Hi purple, Don't lose hope, you will get there, if you try the running again you will get into it quicker this time, I did.. Mind you the scale is still slow but I am getting toned. This happened to me the first time I got to goal, the last few pounds took months and months to get off. Keep going!

Well done! Your an inspiration to the rest of us..

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

quick question - I hit goal in 2011 and continued for about 18 months to get weighed, haven't been weighed in well over a year - have put back on about a half-stone so want to kick start things and re-join - anyone know if I have to pay a re-join fee or is it just the weekly tenner?

cjdun1 wrote: »
    quick question - I hit goal in 2011 and continued for about 18 months to get weighed, haven't been weighed in well over a year - have put back on about a half-stone so want to kick start things and re-join - anyone know if I have to pay a re-join fee or is it just the weekly tenner?

Hi cjdun1, I know there was something about having to attend about 5 or 6 meetings in a year or you had to rejoin again. I am not sure whether that has changed now.

no hassle in the castle - reckon I just need 6 kick-ass weeks to get this sorted - I'm not going back to the weight I was

Purple, I think you need to sit down with a few post its and write one reason on each why ww is important for you, why are you doing it, and what do you want to achieve. Not just a number, but like "I want to be confident in wh at I wear" etc. And then write the reasons you don't want to. And make a decision. Stick them up by your mirror where you get ready in the morning. You could include a photo of you before you started too

so went back for a weigh in after over 2 years last night - was a full half-stone above target - no great shocker to be honest, kick start now to get my butt sorted again :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I lost 700g this week! I'm less than 2 kgs off goal weight!

• Advertisement

I went back (again) last night and I stayed the same! :)

Lately I've been finding it so hard to stay focused but I'm taking it meal by meal at this stage.

Advertisement