Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

First week over, weigh in this evening. Really hope I lose something, although I used 3/4 of my weeklies and I can't exercise at the moment as I haven't got my arthritis under control yet, the odd short stroll I can manage but that's about it.

I am not being particularly gung ho this time round because I want it to fit into my lifestyle and not me try and be super good for 3 or 4 weeks and then fall off the wagon. So I would be happy with 2 pounds down tonight where as previous first weeks I have lost 5 to 6 pounds but always quit after a few weeks.

Wish me luck :) And good luck to anyone else weighing in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Monife wrote: »

I am not being particularly gung ho this time round because I want it to fit into my lifestyle and not me try and be super good for 3 or 4 weeks and then fall off the wagon. So I would be happy with 2 pounds down tonight where as previous first weeks I have lost 5 to 6 pounds but always quit after a few weeks.

I think that is the best attitude to have and my leader actually commented yesterday about how relaxed I seemed this time. And you have hit the nail on the head. It is about being relaxed and realising it needs to be a way of life and healthy eating not just a give quick fix or a sprint to lose what you can and return to old habits.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Jwacqui, I love reading your posts. You're always so positive, it's great! :D

Not feeling so positive myself. TOTM always fecks things up for me. I'd love to STS this week but I'm almost always up this week every month.

Hopefully you won't be up, but if you are its just water retention so you should see a loss next week. I started again this week so I wish there to be less of both of us next week:) Good luck!

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Totally agree, Jwacqui. It is like when I'm at meetings, and just listening to what others say can really strike a chord, and send me away determined, for the week ahead.

And thanks everyone here for the encouragement and support, this thread is great.
    I'm going to do this week as Simple Start, to get myself back into really positive habits, and I just have to get to a meeting next week. My own leader probably thinks I've run away! I've just been away with work, and a few days break. I've stuck fairly well to Filling and Healthy, but I think I do need to start afresh, in my head!

Snap! I am going to start again this week too:) So good luck and hopefully there will be less of all of us next week. I Think I will try the simple start aswell. I started back jogging this week and I feel great after it so hopefully I can keep it together with the food too:p.

I have to agree there is great support on this thread so thanks to all of you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Down 2! I'm absolutely delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Up 1lb but I'm not surprised..

Down 4.5lb :) delighted :)

Monife wrote:
    Down 4.5lb  delighted 
    Wow, well done! :D

Up 1lb but I'm not surprised..

Just stay on track and your hard work will show next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

honeygirl wrote: »
    Snap! I am going to start again this week too:) So good luck and hopefully there will be less of all of us next week. I Think I will try the simple start aswell. I started back jogging this week and I feel great after it so hopefully I can keep it together with the food too:p.

I have to agree there is great support on this thread so thanks to all of you:)

Good stuff!
    Just back from my walk, it's a beautiful night. Onwards and downwards for the week ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Monife wrote: »
    Down 4.5lb :) delighted :)

Super stuff! Well done!

I returned to ww a few weeks ago, for the gazillionth time. Down 6.5 lb so far. I did ww in 2012, and lost a good bit of weight(nearly 3 and a half stone), but when it slowed down, I lost heart, stopped going, and gained back a fair bit. I decided then that I'd never go back, because I seem to never learn from it, and always gain back a bit of what I lose, but I decided after the summer that I need the focus of a weekly weigh to keep me on track.
    So here goes again!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rachelmcg

I joined for the first time last night. Bit of an eye opener when I stood on the scales!!

Stayed for the whole meeting and it definitely helped talking to other people and hearing their stories.

The minute I left the meeting I went straight to lidl and stocked up on fruit and veg and healthy stuff. So it's day 1 for me.. we'll see how it goes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭AG123

I returned to ww a few weeks ago, for the gazillionth time. Down 6.5 lb so far. I did ww in 2012, and lost a good bit of weight(nearly 3 and a half stone), but when it slowed down, I lost heart, stopped going, and gained back a fair bit. I decided then that I'd never go back, because I seem to never learn from it, and always gain back a bit of what I lose, but I decided after the summer that I need the focus of a weekly weigh to keep me on track.
    So here goes again![/QUOTE]

Well done for going back! It's not easy. I'm the same as you, returning tonight for the gazillionth time.... Had absolutley no willpower for the past year and my weight is creeping up and I'm getting back to old, bad habits so time to nip it in the bud. I have gone back so many times in the past year for a week here and a week there, but hopefully I will stick with it this time.

Hey all, I went back to my meeting after missing a few weeks and I was 4.5lb up which is better then I expected. Anyway I am going to take some of the motivation from this thread and hopefully I will have a good loss next week.

I started back jogging this week as well and got out every day so it has been a good start. I have a big day and night out on Saturday so hopefully I can pull it back on Sunday.

Good luck everyone and congrats on all the great losses:)

gubbie wrote: »
    Also I tried adding your blog to my feed before I realised that I already have it but the reason it wasn't showing up anything was because you haven't updated in more than a year! Update it please!! I love reading about peoples journey

I just posted an update there with all my weigh ins since I rejoined. I will try to complete a weekly update!

Off the to gym now, I have no idea how I am going to muster up the energy! :(

On a positive note I felt great yesterday and took a picture and made a comparison with one were I was at my heaviest. I will put it below, it was such a motivation! I would advise anyone to do the same!

2q0n0ap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I just posted an update there with all my weigh ins since I rejoined. I will try to complete a weekly update!

On a positive note I felt great yesterday and took a picture and made a comparison with one were I was at my heaviest. I will put it below, it was such a motivation! I would advise anyone to do the same!

2q0n0ap.jpg

What an amazing comparison jwacqui! Your YouTube channel was a huge inspiration when I was losing weight and you have been doing a good job motivating me to get back on track. Up a stone from my goal weight so on a mission to get back there by Xmas! Gonna get back into posting on boards more often to so I can keep the motivation going!

Okay, day 1 of my fresh start and I'm doing so well! No exercise because I had a sore hip but I'll ease myself back in tomorrow evening. I have 6 days off starting at 5pm tomorrow!

Jwacqui wrote: »

2q0n0ap.jpg

Amazing! Well done!

Dying of a chest infection and I can't breathe. Medicine not working. Just want chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Hey all, Looking for some advice about chinese meals. I'm having guests over next week as a late bday gathering for myself and as a treat that evening we plan to get a chinese. Anyone know any nice low pointish meals? Like chicken curry? Or even chicken in oyster sauce? I always find things I hate like sweet and sour.

• Advertisement

Hey all, Looking for some advice about chinese meals. I'm having guests over next week as a late bday gathering for myself and as a treat that evening we plan to get a chinese. Anyone know any nice low pointish meals? Like chicken curry? Or even chicken in oyster sauce? I always find things I hate like sweet and sour.

Chow mein dishes usually a good option!

Fresh (not battered) chicken or prawns, stir-fried in herbs and spices (and count the oil) with boiled rice (and eat only half the rice or split it with a friend).

Google Skinny Doll - It's a great blog and has a list of takeaway PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Perfect, thanks! :-D I don't think I could handle splitting the rice to be honest, i'm too fat for that and would be starving hahaha!

Batch of homemade soup made!

WW went out the window yesterday. Tonight I'm going to a 21st but up until then I'm staying positive and I'm going to have a good day.

I've used up all my weeklies and I'm not even half way through the week!

I just bumped into my leader too. Ive been going to a different class because I had gone up so much that I felt bad going back to her and now I feel worse! I'll try to use it as motivation to stay on track the rest of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 oztax

Hi all,

Long time lurker but first time to post I think!!
    I usually weigh in on Tuesday evenings but have to wait til Wednesday this week, will this count as a missed week as it'll have been a week and a day since my last weigh in?

Thanks!

oztax wrote: »
    Hi all,

Long time lurker but first time to post I think!!
    I usually weigh in on Tuesday evenings but have to wait til Wednesday this week, will this count as a missed week as it'll have been a week and a day since my last weigh in?

Thanks!

Nah it's not a missed week. They won't charge you anything extra :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

First full week tracking and counting in ages and feeling great. Had a sneak peek at the scales this morning and feeling optimistic! Hope everyone has had a good week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

I recently returned to WW classes. Between one thing and another I've not really had much guidance. I have received two booklets in 4 weeks. Is that right? Also not been given any PP? Is it all F&H now? Also no discussion re goal etc. Leader is lovely. Lively, funny class but feel like I am drifting, not really sure what I am doing as I have PP in the back of mind but doing F&H but if I'm honest I am not being rigid. Any advice much appreciated.

Advertisement