Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my housemate a slag or a prostitute?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ElephantStone

I think you should get her to move out OP. Women housemates aren't good. I hear their periods attract bears. They can smell the menstruation.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

flash1080 wrote: »
    So this girl has just moved into the house, she's a bit on the heavy side. She seems to have a different fella over every other night of the week. She/they always just go straight up to her room, but whatever they're doing in there, they're very quiet. Is she a complete slag and sleeping with all of them? Are the lads just lashing it into her cos she's an easy fat bird? Or is she a member of the "oldest profession in the world" lol? Should I confront her about these goings-on and the suspicions I have?

No you shouldn't confront her. You should get a hobby :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Neeson wrote: »
    No. I'd have to look at why I wasn't welcome though. Maybe because it's my fault. That's he case with this slag.

She might not feel welcome but how could she if she's acting in that sort of way, bringing dirtiness into the home she shares with another. There gave to be rules and considerations for who you're living with and this girl doesn't seem to care. She'll dirty the place up if she wants.

Sorry but what? You're referencing a person who you've never met or know anything of, as this piece of filth, like some unpleasant mould.
    The OP doesn't know for sure what the housemate in question is doing, and rather than confront them about it, or talk to them maturely,if it is indeed causing an issue for them, they have started a thread about it here, as a gossiping and petty " You'll never guess what the neighbour from across the road is up to" discussion, while adding comments about personal apperance..

It's much easier to throw words like slag and dirtiness around, as if this discussion centered around some worthless person.

Like I say, if the OP really does feel strongly about it, then they should tell their housemate about their dissatisfaction about the situation to them, instead of throwing unrelated and vitrolic insults about a randomer ( as far as we are concerned) to the internet, as if were for general entertainment. Although I wonder if their complaints are more prejudiced than anything else, going from the derogratory tone of the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

[/Quote]

I couldn't tell you who she is but I wouldn't want to be living with someone who brings **** smelling lads around to my living quarters. I have to live there too. I don't really care about her thst much, you're right. If she got her lips ripped by some scruffy tool then so be it. Just don't interfere with me and my life. If I'm doing things such as eating my breakfast or sitting on the couch the lips will be her issue and that's fine by me, so long as she doesn't make me part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

VEN wrote: »
    if they want to take home lads/ladies every night then let them do as they please, but personally i wouldn't have much respect for this said person for 2 reasons. you are sharing with them, its not their own place. if they had any sense of place at all they'd have mentioned it to you in simple terms as "oh i'll have a friend/s coming to visit from time to time, they might be staying over etc" - fancy meeting a stranger on the stairs you might end up clocking by mistaking for a burglar?

and secondly, as the first reason obviously shows disrespect towards you,they have shown themselves to have pretty much a lack of respect for themselves.
    therefore i personally wouldn't have anything to do with someone who sleeps around a lot, promiscous types i have found to be quite manipulative in their motives, not to mention shallow - i'd avoid.

just mind your own business and you'll be fine, you're better off!

hahahah
    Oh you.

you're so precious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I couldn't tell you who she is but I wouldn't want to be living with someone who brings **** smelling lads around to my living quarters. I have to live there too. I don't really care about her thst much, you're right. If she got her lips ripped by some scruffy tool then so be it. Just don't interfere with me and my life. If I'm doing things such as eating my breakfast or sitting on the couch the lips will be her issue and that's fine by me, so long as she doesn't make me part of it.

From the accounts of the poster, this only happened once in the kitchen. It was hardly such a traumatic and troubling issue for them, that impacted on their life and if he really took issue with it he would have gone to her straight about it, but obviously it was more so a After Hours take the piss opportunity than anything else, hop aboard the bandwagon.

I don't know what you're talking about with her lips and all, just sounds like more judegemental attitudes been thrown about. Bringing weight into it as they did undermeaned any attempt to have a mature point, and the threads intention thereafter is pretty obvious. If I brought someone's sexuality into the equation, would that be acceptable? It has no relevance.

This whole interfering with their life is just crap, other than a smell in the kitchen one time, this person keeps to themselves, and like it or not, when you're living with somebody, you both have to meet halfway and compromise. The roomate in question brings the people up to their room, which is their living quarters, and by the OP's own admission doesn't even make any noise, and doesn't even know what they're doing and is not interrupted by them.. So what's the big issue? There is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 buzzardflute

She is just playing the game,fair play to the girl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 johnjoe7

So this girl has just moved into the house, she's a bit on the heavy side. She seems to have a different fella over every other night of the week. She/they always just go straight up to her room, but whatever they're doing in there, they're very quiet. Is she a complete slag and sleeping with all of them? Are the lads just lashing it into her cos she's an easy fat bird? Or is she a member of the "oldest profession in the world" lol? Should I confront her about these goings-on and the suspicions I have?

Nah, just sounds like a typical Irish woman. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I don't know what you're talking about with her lips and all, just sounds like more judegemental attitudes been thrown about.

Saying I don't mind if she was injured by his part as long as it doesn't affect me. She could be beat to a pulp, she is none of my business, unless she brings smelly men into my kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Maybe shagging every night of the week is part of a fitness regime to loose the weight?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't see the problem other than she's female.
    Any male poster here would be overjoyed getting half the action she's getting, yet feel the need to put her down, simply because of her gender.

It's not often you see the double standards so clearly so I suppose this thread has served a purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

Another dumbass thread. Stupid must be becoming cool these days.

You already answered the question yourself OP> Is my housemate a

slag or a prostitute?

I pick option C.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

This thread is ridiculous, you have no reason to believe whatsoever that theres sex going on and yet you're labeling her like that? Why are you even taking note of people she brings back? They might just be friends, and they might not be different people every night, you might just have a bad memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

This thread is ridiculous, you have no reason to believe whatsoever that theres sex going on and yet you're labeling her like that?
    Well, everyones milage is different, obviously, but I don't think that is the issue. Calling her a slag/slut in an effort to demean her is the issue. It isn't really his business. He could make a case if she was constantly being loud, he couldn't sleep, or something of the sort. But that isn't the case, its another case of a person who has some perspective on how much sex another person ought to have and decides to slap labels on that basis. The someone isn't always a guy, mind you, so it isn't inherently a misogynistic stance. I'd say its an inherently dumbassed stance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

She seems to have a different fella over every other night of the week.

Forget the slag talk OP

She is renting a room in the house

Doesn't matter if she has a long term boyfriend or if it's a different fella every time

There are limits on how many times you bring people over when you are in a house-share
    3 nights a week would be ok, 4 would be seriously pushing it, anymore and it's just not on

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Forget the slag talk OP

She is renting a room in the house

Doesn't matter if she has a long term boyfriend or if it's a different fella every time

There are limits on how many times you bring people over when you are in a house-share
    3 nights a week would be ok, 4 would be seriously pushing it, anymore and it's just not on

exactly, which is why you'll see on Daft.ie many times where a room is for rent - no couples. i've had a problem similar to this before, this girls special visitor would be using the shower in the morning while we'd be trying to get out for work. i mean where do they get off. no respect like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

i never understood the reasoning where a man can go out and pound every bird in sight and no one bats an eyelid.

if a girl is just as sexually active people label her a prostitute :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

i never understood the reasoning where a man can go out and pound every bird in sight and no one bats an eyelid.

A key that can open any lock is a master key.
    A lock that can be opened by any key, is a pretty sh*tty lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Some people on the internet are a total bunch of, well, C**ts.

massive entertainment for the first few pages, then people started to defend the big fat whale.

Can't we all just slag(happy accident) the fatty who can't keep her pants on?
    you'd think she'd struggle to get them on in the 1st place.

good read, until wrecked by the same ol buzzkills:rolleyes:

Big up to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

But a woman's vagina is ....you know....not locking a safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭techsavysista

It's our business what8 our mother's do, especially when we live with them.

I never would have guessed.
    The slag is the OP's business because she's dirty. She's dirtying his life with her **** smelling fellas. That's when it becomes his business.

I don't even..

I can't
    That's ridiculous. It's a shame that you don't like what you see but you can't expect to always like it.

This post is about a woman, one woman, noones generalisin. And noone is going to talk about mens behavious because that's going off topic.

I do personally think that people habe gone ott with the slag comments for their own amusement but I also thnk that if a guy carried on like this in a way that made their housemate uncomfortable then they too would be judged the same way.

Maybe it can't be articulated as well without the male equivalent to these insults (making up new ones is pointless and if u think they can only be used for women that's your fault) but I think the feeling would be the same.

"Sexism doesn't exist because I say so. Its just a coincidence that there are so many women bashing threads in AH."

That's clearly not what I said, you've clearly just come here to convince people you know best. I'm talking about this thread specifically. If you want to preach about unfair rights, and I am all for that, you're not going to get anywhere here and should probably find a more worthy cause than an after hours post discussing ONE SPECIFIC WOMAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭techsavysista

I think anyone would be just as uncomfortable living with a guy who brings home a different girl every night, maybe other guys wouldn't want to be caught complaining about it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

Piste wrote: »

Your analogy is bad and you should feel bad.

its the closest analogy i've found to explaining why guys are viewed as legends for shagging all around them and girls are viewed as "slags".

its because girls have the power in relation to hooking up. If a girl decides she wants to shag on a night out, she'll find loads of agreeable guys. 9 out of every ten single guys would probably say yeah. On the other hand if a guy was to try his luck his success rate would be a lot lower then 90%.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

We are done here.

Gerry, Gerry, Gerry,
    Thought of the day:

Respect the people you live with, this works both ways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement