Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

orange provocation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Bessiebee

blingrhino wrote: »
    I live in the south , I work in the north.
    Northern people whether catholic or protestant are generally a pain in the arse .
    I hate dealing with them , they moan , whine and sing as they talk .
    Have a real distrust of them even "friends", find them sneaky with another agenda.
    Does anybody in the south really care about the north.
    Just get a big fence from Dundalk to Donegal and leave them at it .

Hang on a minute you can't be coming on here adding your tuppence worth at this stage by suggesting fences :eek: Bridges is what we need to be building .. bridges. Haven't you read any of the previous posts :confused: Though if you do consider fences necessary kindly ensure Donegal is on the correct side this time round - it's never to late to make amends.

As for the way they talk forget the fact that yer man in that video with his big stick is an "alleged" racist bigot & rather unpleasant on the eye, doesn't a little bit of you think his accent is kinda sexy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Congratulations on your promotion as a Mod:)

I don't see what's 'moddy' about my post.

Does Boards have any Prod Mods :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Don't know if any of ye were watching BBC Newsline but it was almost laughable the excuses the DUP guy was making for the band playing outside the church.
    Apparently they "didn't know" it was a catholic church that they were playing next to.:rolleyes:

That was Nelson McCausland. His credibility is on the floor after that. I wouldn't believe anything he has to say on anything after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Nipper Man wrote: »
    Hi Everybody,

I think that people are entitled to march, however they should march and enjoy themselves and not try and incite people by hateful remarks or the like.

After all the things that have happened in the past 30 odd years and all the deaths because of that era, people seem not to have learned anything at all.

Education seems to have missed that part of a person's reasoning ability to behave in a Christian manner towards their neighbour's of all Religion's and or beliefs.

There are some things that I do not agree with, however I can accept them as long as I am not directly put in any harm by their existence in this world where we all have several differences to contend with on a daily basis, so lets not do onto others that we would not like done to ourselves, please.

A memory of something past should not now cause injury for those living in the present.
    Nipper, welcome to the site. But i fear you won't last long when posting about Northern Ireland related matters. Why? Because your post is far too sensible. :)

• Advertisement

woodoo wrote: »
    That was Nelson McCausland. His credibility is on the floor after that. I wouldn't believe anything he has to say on anything after that.

I am not defending him but in all fairness most of those band members wouldn't recognise a protestant church never mind a catholic church.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

Bessiebee wrote: »

A better question is does it have any Catholic mods?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Bessiebee wrote: »

:rolleyes: If they have they would still be Republican and not Unionists ones.:cool:

Border-Rat wrote: »
    A better question is does it have any Catholic mods?

I don't know anything about anything - I'm kinda new here :D

getzls wrote: »
    :rolleyes: If they have they would still be Republican and not Unionists ones.:cool:

Republican Protestant Moderator - I like that :D Is there anyone with that job description on the Parades Commission ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

alastair wrote: »
    The GAA are just as involved in seeking grants as the OO is - and that's the extent of 'aiding and abetting by authorities' at play.
    in may the GAA stated,the GAA has strict protocols and rules regarding the use of property for political purposes,good on them as they have been able to be funded to the tune of £61 million from the british taxpayer,then on the 10th of june rossa GAC hosted a tournament for the under 10s with 16 teams coming from all over ireland,in honour of a IRA terrorist called joe mckelvey,he was the one who was chief of staff of the IRA who was executed by the irish free state in 1922,the man who sparked off the irish civil war,

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Northern people whether catholic or protestant are generally a pain in the arse .
    Have a real distrust of them even "friends", find them sneaky with another agenda.

Out of curiosity, once the fence goes up, will you be sorted for a job in the South? *

* When reading the words above, do so to the tune of Bigmouth Strikes Again by the Smiths, to get an accurate representation of how I would sing say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

getz wrote: »
    in may the GAA stated,the GAA has strict protocols and rules regarding the use of property for political purposes,good on them as they have been able to be funded to the tune of £61 million from the british taxpayer,then on the 10th of june rossa GAC hosted a tournament for the under 10s with 16 teams coming from all over ireland,in honour of a IRA terrorist called joe mckelvey,he was the one who was chief of staff of the IRA who was executed by the irish free state in 1922,the man who sparked off the irish civil war,

And was also a founder member of the club.
    King Billy was a 'terrorist' too in some peoples eyes. What you have to accept is the fact that those who fought on behalf of the nationalist and republican side will not be remembered as 'terrorists' by their communities or supporters, whatever you might think of the campaign they conducted. That's a political reality. The British legitimised the action of the IRA by doing a deal with them and enshrining the right to align yourself with them and to remember them, in the GFA, that everybody signed up to.

What you can't do is remember or glorify, those who engaged in purely sectarian killing, crimes or discrimination.

Even if the GAA gets it wrong in some instances, that doesn't mean sectarianism is enshrined in it's constitution and operations and that STILL doesn't excuse the OO (who this thread is about)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The British legitimised the action of the IRA by doing a deal with them and enshrining the right to align yourself with them and to remember them, in the GFA, that everybody signed up to.

Heh. That's some serious delusion at play. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kunny

This is the type of attitude that is representative of knuckle dragging. You as you have no problem stating have no problem in working in the north while profiting from it. If you look at this it is in fact you that appear to be sneaky and with another agenda. If you don't like these people then don't work there and don't take their money!! If you treat them like you speak about them I am sure they also feel you are a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

And was also a founder member of the club.
    King Billy was a 'terrorist' too in some peoples eyes. What you have to accept is the fact that those who fought on behalf of the nationalist and republican side will not be remembered as 'terrorists' by their communities or supporters, whatever you might think of the campaign they conducted. That's a political reality. The British legitimised the action of the IRA by doing a deal with them and enshrining the right to align yourself with them and to remember them, in the GFA, that everybody signed up to.

What you can't do is remember or glorify, those who engaged in purely sectarian killing, crimes or discrimination.

Even if the GAA gets it wrong in some instances, that doesn't mean sectarianism is enshrined in it's constitution and operations and that STILL doesn't excuse the OO (who this thread is about)
    i would rather be blasted by racist and bigoted music than petrol bombs and guns,but its obvious that you believe it justified attacking the police,and i do remember the sectarian murders killings and the bombings far better than you,as i was born in the 40s

Heh. That's some serious delusion at play. :o
    I suggest you take the blinkers off and read the 'actual' agreement, we all signed up to, from a non biased perspective. The points bolded below, apply to this thread.
    OPPORTUNITY
    Human Rights
    1. The parties affirm their commitment to the mutual respect, the civil
    rights and the religious liberties of everyone in the community. Against
    the background of the recent history of communal conflict, the parties
    affirm in particular:
    the right of free political thought;
    • the right to freedom and expression of religion;
    the right to pursue democratically national and political aspirations;
    • the right to seek constitutional change by peaceful and legitimate
    means;
    • the right to freely choose one’s place of residence;
    • the right to equal opportunity in all social and economic activity,
    regardless of class, creed, disability, gender or ethnicity;
    the right to freedom from sectarian harassment; and
    • the right of women to full and equal political participation.

http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/Anglo-Irish/agreement.pdf

I suggest you take the blinkers off and read the 'actual' agreement, we all signed up to, from a non biased perspective. The points bolded below, apply to this thread.

http://www.dfa.ie/uploads/documents/Anglo-Irish/agreement.pdf

Your emboldened points have nothing whatsoever to do with the IRA - but that really shouldn't need saying. :rolleyes:

Your emboldened points have nothing whatsoever to do with the IRA - but that really shouldn't need saying. :rolleyes:

Do people have the right to 'free political thought' or not, and what do you think that means in actuality?
    The IRA are a historical organisation now, that has been accepted by all the monitoring organisations and they have fulfilled the terms of the agreement.

Anything to say about 'the right to freedom from sectarian harrassment' clause, in the context of the thread?

Do people have the right to 'free political thought' or not, and what do you think that means in actuality?

I'll tell you precisely what it doesn't mean - would that help?:
    The British legitimised the action of the IRA by doing a deal with them and enshrining the right to align yourself with them and to remember them, in the GFA, that everybody signed up to.

• Advertisement

I'll tell you precisely what it doesn't mean - would that help?:

If I live in NI then I have the right to 'free political thought'. Yes or No? Believeing that the IRA where right to do what they did, is a political thought, just as believeing that the British reaction was right is a political thought.
    That is just the realities of any conflict agreements, fair and balanced implementation.

If you do a deal with somebody, you accept and respect their right to be accomodated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭SIR PEADO BAILOUT

john why wrote: »
    just seen on the bbc newsline that yesterday a loyalist band stoped at a catholic church to sing the famine song and to have a little march. wtf is wrong with these people, and they claim there not sectarian.

dont know how to upload links, maybe someone else could

Sense of humour failure !! :P

If I live in NI then I have the right to 'free political thought'. Yes or No? Believeing that the IRA where right to do what they did, is a political thought, just as believeing that the British reaction was right is a political thought.

There's precious little thought going on here tbh. Stop digging.

There's precious little thought going on here tbh. Stop digging.

Still refusing to engage with the issues Al?

Anything to say about that clause on 'sectarian harrassment'? :D

Still refusing to engage with the issues Al?

Anything to say about that clause on 'sectarian harrassment'? :D

I'm refusing to engage with your fantasy regarding the IRA and the GFA - as would any sensible person.

I'm opposed to sectarian harrassment - have you some confusion in that regard also?

I'm refusing to engage with your fantasy regarding the IRA - as would any sensible person.
    Just tell us what you think 'free political thought' means Alastair, you are getting ridiculous now.
    I'm opposed to sectarian harrassment - have you some confusion in that regard also?

Shouldn't you be fervently on the side of residents who want to live free from the 'sectarian harrassments' of an organisation you admit are sectarian? Would that not be the logical and moral position to have?

Just tell us what you think 'free political thought' means Alastair, you are getting ridiculous now.

Once again - what it doesn't mean:

Once again - what it doesn't mean:

WHat does iit mean to YOU? I am not skilled in mind reading...jesus H!

Shouldn't you be fervently on the side of residents who want to live free from the 'sectarian harrassments' of an organisation you admit are sectarian? Would that not be the logical and moral position to have?

You see the word following 'Sectarian' there? That's the key issue: harrassment. The political reality of NI - and of the GFA - is sectarian itself. Residents and the OO worked out their own arrangements in all but one march this year - seems like they know what they're doing.

• Advertisement

You see the word following 'Sectarian' there? That's the key issue: harrassment. The political reality of NI - and of the GFA - is sectarian itself. Residents and the OO worked out their own arrangements in all but one march this year - seems like they know what they're doing.

That is NOT the question you were asked.

Advertisement