Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

DinoRex wrote: »
    I got the Train Sim along with the Zombie DLC for it.

You know what that Day Z mod needs?

A fat controller and some trains keeping a regular schedule.

And a trainspotting minigame too, and I'm not talking about a Scottish heroin story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can't believe they ****ed up Tony Hawks HD.

Oh wait, it's Activision and Robomodo.

I can totally believe they ****ed up Tony Hawks HD.

Can't believe they ****ed up Tony Hawks HD.

Oh wait, it's Activision and Robomodo.

I can totally believe they ****ed up Tony Hawks HD.

I thought Activision went out of business, but I was confusing them with Midway. Wonder how I lumped those two together :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm all for decoden but this is ridiculous

Sera wrote: »
    I'm all for decoden but this is ridiculous

Honestly?

I like it. I think it looks good. No joke, no sarcasm.

Too many handheld consoles have case designs that look too Modernist.

At least back in the the time of the Atari Lynx and the Game Gear some of the lines look like they were taken off the bezels of arcade machines, and the Game Boy Micro looked like the good old NES.

May as well use those smooth flat and unforgivably sterile clamshell cases Nintendo insist upon as a canvas for something fun, at least until they start making consoles with proper select buttons that never get used for a single blasted thing again.

• Advertisement

a5y wrote: »
    Honestly?
    I like it. I think it looks good. No joke, no sarcasm.
    it's too blingy for me and thought the pieces were too big, can't imagine it's comfortable holding, something like this, this or thisis better IMO

it's too blingy for me and thought the pieces were too big, can't imagine it's comfortable holding, something like this, this or thisis better IMO

I like the first 2. The third one I'm not so keen on, reminds me too much of rhinestones and I've seen so many Chinese knock-offs with 3d Mario graphics on 'em that only pixel art Mario looks official any more.

Still, its a nice design for even weight and a good grip.

But I definitely throw my lot in with the ludicrous stucco-and-Rococo-inspired folly of BLING on the back of my DSL camp.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I thought Activision went out of business

Nope Activision (also known as the Activision of Evil) are still there, making disgusting amounts of money and destroying gaming one sequel at a time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

2 copies of Espgaluda 2 black label that went missing in the post in December just arrived 8 months later. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This popped up on Teefury today, I didn't know what it was about but my son laughed his ass off!

1341884731_BOTTOM_-079_195219.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It's Slow Poke juxtaposed with The Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's Slow Flash or it's Flash Poke. Myself I don't like the connotations of the second there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's something very interesting. A few weeks back there was a discussion about how Shigesato Itoi's Mother/Earthbound games were very similar to how Murakami's work. Well it seems that Itoi and Murakami wrote a book together with a series of short stories of theirs. It's never been translated but has been fan translated or is in the process of being:

http://theotherrandomnamewastaken.blogspot.ie/2012/07/murakamiitoi-lets-meet-in-dream.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+blogspot/ppOsw+(Misc.)

cards.jpg

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Here's something very interesting. A few weeks back there was a discussion about how Shigesato Itoi's Mother/Earthbound games were very similar to how Murakami's work. Well it seems that Itoi and Murakami wrote a book together with a series of short stories of theirs.[/url]
    ^ I told you this already :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know but did you tell me about the translation as well?

I'm sure I said someone was working on at least, we were driving somewhere and you were talking about Itoi's ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm sure I said someone was working on at least, we were driving somewhere and you were talking about Itoi's ads

Relationship forum is that way
    >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I think by the time the SNES launched Nintendo's marketing machine in the US had gotten its act together so there really were far less obscure US SNES games to pick from.

This. I think everyone just knows the Snes library far more than the NES one regards obscurities/collectables

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want Chrono Trigger now!
    And it's expensive!
    And I've no US Snes yet!
    Ah Bugger!

You know those times when a single screenshot sells a game to you?

applejack2.jpg

What is it?

Unfortunately it's only Xbox Indie Games at the mo., which is still bizarrely not available round these parts. Should be on PC soon though. Some serious fruit hell mechanics going down!

Damn you Indie marketplace! Damn your damn eyes!!!!!

Reminds me of Superfrog for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well I had a good few things in my watchlist this week but the steam sale happened so lets hope I can get some more paypal money and get some retro goodness next week

I assume everyones wallets has gotten a slapping aswell this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

And now, some baseless speculation that Nintendo are making a move on acquiring RARE:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-nintendo-attempting-to-negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and

I can't see MS letting them do considering they are now pretty much MS's R&D team and had a big hand in the Kinect and also developing the Dashboard updates.

How the mighty have fallen. While I think Rares output since the NES days and onwards is mostly over rated they never made a bad game other than the exception of Donkey Kong 64. I'd much rather old Rare back.... And Blast Corps 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The only reason I see this gaining any steam is for the reasons you mentioned, RARE is essentially a dead-brand with a few bits of key licensing, whose duties could quite easily be re-absorbed into Microsoft Studios, should MS decide to part with it. It'd cost them very little, aside from what they, in hindsight, overpaid for in the first place.

Mind, it's all bollocks in anyways, but still.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Not many of the original staff still left there by now. Nice piece on Eurogamer a while ago about their fall from grace.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-08-who-killed-rare

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement