Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Quick question, what one item would you buy from the following list? :confused:
    • PSX DESR7700
    • FM Towns Marty 2 w/ Tatsujin Oh
    • Dogyuun
    • A few new Nikon lenses and a Zoom H1
    • A 3D camcorder and 3D TV
    • Sony HMZ-T1
    ...are PSX units seriously unreliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Pyongyang wrote: »
    • PSX DESR7700
    • Dogyuun
    • Sony HMZ-T1

First I'd want a monkey and then a friend for the monkey!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd buy the 3D camera and TV and burn them in a sacrificial fire so there is one less device to capture / display that horrible, horrible technology in the world.

I'd buy the 3D camera and TV and burn them in a sacrificial fire so there is one less device to capture / display that horrible, horrible technology in the world.

Are they really that bad since the first camera launched? The TV's don't look too bad, video games look great on them, well the ones I tried on the PS3 anyway.

Just thinking it would be a fun idea for capturing vacations, days out etc. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I've no shame in admitting I love watching Ros na Run! :)

...if that's what you were quoting anyway. :pac:

Or maybe he's too young to know what rabbit's ears are. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd go for the Psx Myself but yes they are very temperamental and unreliable unfortunately.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Or maybe he's too young to know what rabbit's ears are. :)
    Sure he does. They're a major part of his cosplay.

It's taken me this long to actually notice TG4 has it's own player on their website. Jesus they have a vault and a half of Ros na Run episodes! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Jesus they have a vault and a half of Ros na Run episodes! :eek:

Begarrah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea how i can get a transparancy made for my Kindle cover

No idea, sorry pyong!
    • PSX DESR7700
    • Dogyuun
    • Sony HMZ-T1

I'd have to say the FM towns Sparks. It's something you've been on about for a while.

The technology is fine, the implementation is where the problem is. Have you played any games in 3d? It's pretty damn impressive & for me a sure sign the technology is very cool. Bolting 3D onto a 1996 Titanic though, not cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »

The technology is fine, the implementation is where the problem is. Have you played any games in 3d? It's pretty damn impressive & for me a sure sign the technology is very cool. Bolting 3D onto a 1996 Titanic though, not cool.

I play the odd game in 3D on the PC and it does work great on certain games (DIRT 3). But i really feckin hate 99.99 percent of 3D movies in the cinema.

But, I do love watching 3D documentaries at home, they're great :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    I play the odd game in 3D on the PC and it does work great on certain games (DIRT 3). But i really feckin hate 99.99 percent of 3D movies in the cinema.

But, I do love watching 3D documentaries at home, they're great :)

So in essence, you do enjoy the technology...just not the cinema implementation of it? Do you find the active glasses at home are hard on the eyes at all?

So in essence, you do enjoy the technology...just not the cinema implementation of it? Do you find the active glasses at home are hard on the eyes at all?

I'm fine with 3D when used properly. Not every crappy movie has to have a 3D version. It's something I respected about Chris Nolans Batman, no 3D even though it reduced the revenue of the movie/s.

I don't find the glasses hard on the eyes at all on the PC.
    I use the nVidia 3D vision setup on an Alienware OptX AW2310 monitor and you can adjust the 3D setting to match your eyes and room setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

No idea, sorry pyong!

I'd have to say the FM towns Sparks. It's something you've been on about for a while.

Think you might have got a bit mixed up there m8:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone here playing Mann Vs machine on tf2? Its rather good :D

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Think you might have got a bit mixed up there m8:D

Really? I don't think so Pyong...check the other threads. You & Pyongyang are now the same person due to insane fanaticism :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

• PSX DESR7700
    • Dogyuun
    • Sony HMZ-T1

Sony HMZ-T1. Aw yeah, virtuous hamsterball! :cool:

A damn sight better than the actual game:

• Advertisement

Takes a second to spot it :)
    wokka-wokka-demotivational-poster-1248462521.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Anyone play World of Warcraft here?
    I've not played it in over 200 days and just managed to get access to my account after my iPhone authenticator failed.
    Anyway, the guy on the phone said I should get someone to send me something called "the scroll of resurrection"??

Anyone help?
    Ive an account ,(actually about to cancel again) if you pm me the relevant details ill send you on one. You get a free boost to 80 on any alt you have btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Hmm, take a closer look at the full size version of this image.
    I should point out that I didn't make this, I merely improved it :)

wtffc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭megaten

Hmm, take a closer look at the full size version of this image.
    I should point out that I didn't make this, I merely improved it :)

wtffc.jpg

That tifa cosplayer looks like a real doll.

iF8Bc2VhqsbIJ.jpg

I'm just going through some of those NES carts I bought in bulk the other week and noticed that I have 2 distinct versions of Super Mario Bros (PAL UK).

The normal version in the normal cart runs and looks as I've seen it a million times. The other cart takes 5 screws instead of the normal 3 and they are not the usual type that the NES carts use. Also the game seems slightly different in when you load it up and do nothing on the both carts mario does different things in the gameplay demo. The sticker is also different on them. The weird cart has two nintendo seal of approval logos, one in English and one in Italian.
    It seems to be a dual UK and Italian cart distributed by Mattel.

Anyone know anything about this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mattel distributed the NES in Europe before Nintendo stepped in. It might be from when Mattel handled distribution. I know there's two different versions of the EU NES, a Nintendo and Mattel version.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Mattel distributed the NES in Europe before Nintendo stepped in. It might be from when Mattel handled distribution. I know there's two different versions of the EU NES, a Nintendo and Mattel version.

Ah ok. The PCB's are different as well but definitely Nintendo stock.

On another note, this might interest 1 or 2 peeps here.
    pikads003.jpg
    http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/08/17/limited-edition-pikachu-yellow-nintendo-3ds-xl-coming-to-japan-in-september/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Ah ok. The PCB's are different as well but definitely Nintendo stock.

On another note, this might interest 1 or 2 peeps here.
    pikads003.jpg
    http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/08/17/limited-edition-pikachu-yellow-nintendo-3ds-xl-coming-to-japan-in-september/

YESSSSSS! This is just what I've been waiting for! Wanted to go jap for the 3ds but decided to hold off until a special edition came out :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement