Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Steve SI wrote: »
    24856342.jpg

tumblr_lmaeuguazo1qzrwq9o1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I know, I know. Not retro, aside from a couple of ideals, and it's another downloadable action-platformer, but it's a feckin' beaut to behold.

Mind, I'm getting slight Muramasa flashbacks (no pun intended, mostly) on the whole amnesiac-swordsman dealy coupled with the aesthetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Steve SI wrote: »

If he doesnt make the footstep noise this film deserves to burn horribly

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Two people just said my avatar looks like a mouse - one thinks a mouse on a motorbike.

I don't see it?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Two people just said my avatar looks like a mouse - one thinks a mouse on a motorbike.

I don't see it?!

I remember saying that also when you changed it, I think that dust trail thing on the left looked like a tail. Don't see it any more though, looks like a tank now, probably doesn't help it's not in colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I don't see it?!

Isn't that what it is? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I don't see it?!

So what is it?

So what is it?

The tank you can climb into in Metal Slug (I think :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The tank you can climb into in Metal Slug (I think :p).

Otherwise known as a Metal Slug.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I remember saying that also when you changed it, I think that dust trail thing on the left looked like a tail. Don't see it any more though, looks like a tank now, probably doesn't help it's not in colour.

Oh yeah! I do remember you saying that now. And here was me thinking you were just crazy at the time :D
    Achilles wrote: »
    So what is it?

Hah, please tell me you're both joking? If not, your A&R membership cards are hereby revoked! :D

Okay, I think I'm going to have to change my avatar...don't really fancy the idea of representing myself with a rodent!

So what is it?

I've never seen one before, no-one has but I'm guessing it's a white hole.

Also I thought some of you here would find this funny:

216943.png

No o1s1n I wasn't taking the piss... seriously what is it? Like... some kind of unicorn riding a harley davidson? That's rare you know... we sell it for €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

NfkeN.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh yeah! I do remember you saying that now. And here was me thinking you were just crazy at the time :D
    So what is it?

Hah, please tell me you're both joking? If not, your A&R membership cards are hereby revoked! :D

Okay, I think I'm going to have to change my avatar...don't really fancy the idea of representing myself with a rodent!

Achilles and The Groutch
    Please leave now, your belongings will be burnt.
    Any suggestion that one may not recognise the tank from Metal Slug is against the international charter of retro gamers and so you are condemned to play FIFA and COD games forever.
    Also, a lifetime ban from A&R Beers attendance is mandatory.

End of line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Roo from 16 bit Gems with some cleaning tips

EnterNow wrote: »
    Roo from 16 bit Gems with some cleaning tips

Nice vid thanks. Normally can't watch his videos, chap irritates me no end. :D

Wonder would the fabric softener sheets help with o1s1n's smokey Nomad bag?

Lol really? I was like that but started watching all his videos, & got to really like them. He seems very anal/methodical about things, but give me his straight up review style which is high on content/low on humor any day over the usual US type crap that the net is filled with.

Pat the NES punk has a very weird/quirky humor!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I actually just got a PS1 bag just like that, bit of a musty/not my house smell off it. Havn't gotten round to cleaning it yet, reckon i could throw it in the washing machine?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

So what is it?

Achilles and The Groutch
    Please leave now, your belongings will be burnt.
    Any suggestion that one may not recognise the tank from Metal Slug is against the international charter of retro gamers and so you are condemned to play FIFA and COD games forever.
    Also, a lifetime ban from A&R Beers attendance is mandatory.

End of line.
    Lol...

What's a Metal Slug? Hahaha...

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote:

It still stinks of fabreeze after i sprayed the hell out of it back when i got it. That stuff sure lasts!

Anyone know how to get rid that kind of smell?!? Could always try smoking all over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

It still stinks of fabreeze after i sprayed the hell out of it back when i got it. That stuff sure lasts!

Anyone know how to get rid that kind of smell?!? Could always try smoking all over it...

I've heard the best way to clean a smelly dog was scrub it with tomato ketchup, maybe its worth a try.

217076.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

This new show could be a watcher for people on here.

Its like hoarders but with nerds and all their collections.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57603

keithgeo wrote: »
    This new show could be a watcher for people on here.

Its like hoarders but with nerds and all their collections.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57603

Yeah accept it seems to only want to belittle them and try and make out that they have a form of OCD.

I'm sure it'll do wonders for our image... my gf already thinks I have a problem. I'd rather not perpetuate that stereotype... whether I have a problem or not doesn't matter. :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha well in fairness some of them do have issues, did you see the ammount of starwars stuff they have in that trailer, every room in the house is covered!

Yeah accept it seems to only want to belittle them and try and make out that they have a form of OCD.

It could be worse, we could be watching soaps, x-factor, & jersey shore all day thinking tv has never been better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Full episode is here:

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Collection%20Intervention/Full%20Episodes

In fairness, if yer wan came round my gaf and tried to take my Batrider PCB, I'd be blubbing my eyes out too.

In a future episode, yer wan goes round SteveSI's gaf and breaks the news to him he's only allowed 1 of everything. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Full episode is here:

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Collection%20Intervention/Full%20Episodes

In fairness, if yer wan came round my gaf and tried to take my Batrider PCB, I'd be blubbing my eyes out too.

In a future episode, yer wan goes round SteveSI's gaf and breaks the news to him he's only allowed 1 of everything. :D

I've got colleagues who are clinical psychologists, consultant psychiatrists, behaviour therapists and grief counsellors.
    Give me a couple of hours we can have the authority to clear half of Steves stuff and the means for him to get over it!
    Let me make a few calls!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    It could be worse, we could be watching soaps, x-factor, & jersey shore all day thinking tv has never been better

That's what pisses me off so much with things like that.

'WTF ARE YOU DOING, THEY'RE FOR CHILDREN! IT'S MINDLESS!'

/Turns back to reading 50 Shades of Grey with the X Factor on the tv in the background.

(the above isn't my own girlfriend by the way. She rocks! :D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement