Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Monkeykube wrote: »
    No bother, is tomorrow at twelve okay. PM me your number and I will give you a call in the morning. I will mark the disks for you.

Hold on a second... we were talking about these on Adverts and you eventually never got back to me. I said we could just save the hassle and you could post them out to me at my expense.

GoodGuyGreg here... did you just give up on me or something? I still really need that Shenmue 1 disc 1.

Just to clarify I wasn't giving anyone the run around... we don't live or work anywhere near eachother and kept trying to meet up with eachother, I eventually just asked you to post them to me at my expense and tried to get you the money via both paypal and bank transfer, both of which you denied.

I then agreed to send you a postal order and you never got back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Achilles wrote: »
    Hold on a second... we were talking about these on Adverts and you eventually never got back to me. I said we could just save the hassle and you could post them out to me at my expense.

To: GoodGuyGreg | 05 August 2012 - 09:19 pm RE: Shenmue 1 + 2 INCOMPLETE Sega Dreamcast

Hi, I think it would be best for both of us. I will post it all in for 5 euro including the disk. I think the distance is making a meeting akward and don't want to charge you extra for postage. If you want to send me a postal order my details are.
    I eventually just asked you to post them to me at my expense and tried to get you the money via both paypal and bank transfer, both of which you denied.

Both of which I don't accept and never accepted check the original ad.
    I then agreed to send you a postal order and you never got back to me.

No you wanted to do a bank transfer after I told you I wanted a postal order.
    That was on the 6th August it's now the 19th. You had my details since the 5th , I did tell you I would hold the disks until you got a postal order. 13 days have passed since then and this led me to believe you never sent one and never intended to send one.
    If you wanted the disk you should have sent the postal order as I requested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seeing as the posts are public I'll make this public too.
    Achilles and Monkeykube, if you have a dispute deal with through the proper channels. If you have a difference of opinions on an adverts.ie matter deal with it there, with the moderators.
    This is not the forum for it in any way and it's not on.
    Monkeykube, I understand you are responding to an accusation but this isn't the place.
    Achilles you have been around these boards long enough to know better than to air a grievance of this nature here.
    Keep within the rules or there will be bans forthcoming.

Your final message to me:

RE: Shenmue 1 + 2 INCOMPLETE Sega Dreamcast
    No, I had a bad experience with ebay and a buyer in Italy they refunded his money although he got his games.
    So after that I would be reluctant to sign up again. I will hold the disk for you as long as you want to allow you
    to get a postal order. thanks. Richie

My last message to you:

To: MonkeyKube | 06 August 2012 - 01:43 am
    RE: Shenmue 1 + 2 INCOMPLETE Sega Dreamcast

Ahh yeah those damn Italians... they complain about those guys alot on the gaming forum.

Alright postal order it is... although I could probably do a bank transfer just as easily? What do you reckon?

After that I didn't get a reply from you with neither an address to send a postal order or bank draft to, not an answer to my question about bank transfer. I was waiting for you to reply to me as I thought that you were just busy, it would have been nice if you had even sent me a message saying 'Mate I think you're messing me around, the deal's off'. Even though I wasn't... I still need that Shenmue disc.

Right let's just put it down to a miscommunication, you're giving the discs to Sparks now for free and that's grand... any chance I can pick up that spare Mega Drive controller off you?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Seeing as the posts are public I'll make this public too.
    Achilles and Monkeykube, if you have a dispute deal with through the proper channels. If you have a difference of opinions on an adverts.ie matter deal with it there, with the moderators.
    This is not the forum for it in any way and it's not on.
    Monkeykube, I understand you are responding to an accusation but this isn't the place.
    Achilles you have been around these boards long enough to know better than to air a grievance of this nature here.
    Keep within the rules or there will be bans forthcoming.

Just saw this after what I posted. There's not much point going through adverts now that the ads have been withdrawn (something I thought that he did as Shenmue was technically *sold*).

Monkeykube if you wanna take this to PM then that's grand, I actually really would like to resolve this with you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not
    Another
    Mention
    Of the ad here from either of you.

So I hear everyone's favourite game these days is Play House with Barbie? :P

Right let's just put it down to a miscommunication, you're giving the discs to Sparks now for free and that's grand... any chance I can pick up that spare Mega Drive controller off you?

Yeah no bother, if you want the shenmue 2 disks you can take them too or all of the megadrive stuff that you want. I'm moving away from the megadrive so if you or somebody you know can get use from them you can pass them around. I'm not going to fall out with somebody over a stupid disk and make this offer this as a gesture.
    ps. you have to take fifa, no excuses you already have it.;)

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Yeah no bother, if you want the shenmue 2 disks you can take them too or all of the megadrive stuff that you want. I'm moving away from the megadrive so if you or somebody you know can get use from them you can pass them around. I'm not going to fall out with somebody over a stupid disk and make this offer this as a gesture.
    ps. you have to take fifa, no excuses you already have it.;)

Good man yerself! :-)

I wouldn't want Sparks to be out of a deal though so I'll let him have first refusal on the disks if you don't mind?

I'll take all the mega drive stuff off your hands if it's going, I'm sure I can get some use out of it... I'll even take Fifa off your hands. ;-)

Good man yerself! :-)

I wouldn't want Sparks to be out of a deal though so I'll let him have first refusal on the disks if you don't mind?

He collected them already he took Shemue but I still have the Shenmue 2 disks
    Disk 1&2 inlay and manual if there any good to you. PM your number and I will give you a call tomorrow to sort out collection. I think we better leave it here before Ciderman starts swinging the hammer.

• Advertisement

I have to say lads, you're pushing it.
    I asked you not to discuss it further here.
    I don't care if you have come to an amical agreement,
    I didn't want it discussed further and you did it anyway.
    Glad you seem to find it amusing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

On an unrelated note i picked up a copy of Shenmue for the Dc today

Missing the last disc but nothing a blank Cd cant solve:D

Thanks Monkeykube;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I can't find "What you playing at the moment thread" so posting here.
    Has it disappeared?

Anyway playing Spelunky today on XBLA.
    Actually a great game but hard as sh1t. Kinda a mixture of boulder dash and some Indiana Jones imitation game I played years ago. Cartoon type character platformer...I thought it had DARE in the title but Can't find it with Mr Google...anyone?

I Just read a review about Spelunky that compared it to Dark Souls.
    So true,It's f**ckin driving me mad but has excellent game mechanics that keep you coming back for more, death after death,after death

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What the hell have they done to Arcade Otaku? Mine eyes!

I wish people would stop trying to change how forums look!

Now, have to attempt to navigate the user CP to change it back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »

Ffs it's horrible, displays arseways on the phone now too. Let me know if you find a way of changing it back, I didn't see any skin option.

Master of the Universe

I got it back. Go to user control panel/Board Preferences/change it back to Astro city skin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I got it back. Go to user control panel/Board Preferences/change it back to Astro city skin.

Good man thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

1298662606005.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

that's exactly how I feel about the new boards layout

Master of the Universe

I can't stand it either. Makes boards look like a phone app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im sticking with the old boards beta. New one is just wasted space everywhere and a big piss irritating bar. I know you can turn off the bar but then you lose the constant forum menus too

Just got comment blocked on adverts from this seller

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/r4-card-for-ds-2gb-40games/1992097

So i reported the ad:D

Edit it just got wiped :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

lost count of the number of r4 cards going on sale on adverts recently

one even got sold without the mods spotting it

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-dsi/1894216

lost count of the number of r4 cards going on sale on adverts recently

one even got sold without the mods spotting it

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-dsi/1894216

He relisted it again

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/r4-card-for-ds-2gb-40games/1992291

So i reported it again :D

Now misrepresenting the ad lol

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/around-40-nintendo-ds-games/1992339

Gonna report it again :D

Master of the Universe

Haha, every time I click those links the ad is gone :D

Haha, every time I click those links the ad is gone :D

Cant believe he hasnt been banned :eek:

Seen his profile on FB looks a right git

And he is also posting on other peoples ads

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-ds-games-for-sale/1139063

http://www.adverts.ie/games/ds-games/1339055

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

292414_446694778695840_1401954277_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Dear lord!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What am I looking at Sera? I mean I know what I'm looking at but what is it that I am looking at?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement