Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Dolby off. Anything that tweaked the sound wrecked the copying.

Oh and why is it the counter numbers on yer mates tape deck seem to run at a different speed to yours !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

why is it the counter numbers on yer mates tape deck seem to run at a different speed to yours !!

Mine didn't have a counter :(

It was a 128k +2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This game is several times more brilliant than any Old Spice advertising game has any right to be: http://www.oldspicesavestheworld.com/

Level 2 has a musical ode to Hostess bakeries.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

and so begins the trek from bray to clontarf on public transport with two bags of goodies aquired over the last month. dont come near me or Ill beat you with a punisher pcb!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    and so begins the trek from bray to clontarf on public transport with two bags of goodies aquired over the last month. dont come near me or Ill beat you with a punisher pcb!

All units move in!! Grab as much as possible!!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

All units move in!! Grab as much as possible!!

Oh! I'll tell my Mother 2 cart on you :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh! I'll tell my Mother 2 cart on you :(

Does she make a good sunday roast?

Master of the Universe

So, bit of a mixed bag.

Modded Saturn works (he included two copied games with it, Panzer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun - the man has taste!) Also came with PAL Sega ages, a 3D and a Japanese pad. Oh, and a box for the console.

PCB feet - well, they're PCB feet. Not much to say other than I bought so many I'll probably never have to buy any again.

Mother 2 - Looks almost new. How those Japanese lads always manage to keep their cardboard in such lovely condition I'll never know.

Famicom - first time I've seen one in the flesh, lovely little system. Haven't tested it yet though.

Here's where it goes downhill. :(

Scart to VGA cable for projector (the VGA in apparently supports RGB straight without a scaler) - doesn't work.

Punisher PCB - makes my monitor do a fit.

Damn, that Punisher board is really pissing me off. I was super excited about that. :( I'll try playing with the vertical sync pots on the monitor when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So, bit of a mixed bag.

Modded Saturn works (he included two copied games with it, Panzer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun - the man has taste!) Also came with PAL Sega ages, a 3D and a Japanese pad. Oh, and a box for the console.

PCB feet - well, they're PCB feet. Not much to say other than I bought so many I'll probably never have to buy any again.

Mother 2 - Looks almost new. How those Japanese lads always manage to keep their cardboard in such lovely condition I'll never know.

Famicom - first time I've seen one in the flesh, lovely little system. Haven't tested it yet though.

Here's where it goes downhill. :(

Scart to VGA cable for projector (the VGA in apparently supports RGB straight without a scaler) - doesn't work.

Punisher PCB - makes my monitor do a fit.

Damn, that Punisher board is really pissing me off. I was super excited about that. :( I'll try playing with the vertical sync pots on the monitor when I get a chance.

Have been meaning to get a bunch of PCB feet myself, sick of swapping them about. Where did you get them from sir? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Tried out the new Vectrex app today.

Even on a retina iPad it doesn't come close the originals visuals.

It is a nice little app though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

DinoRex wrote: »
    Tried out the new Vectrex app today.

Even on a retina iPad it doesn't come close the originals visuals.

It is a nice little app though.

Does it buzz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Has Boards' new layout been screwy for anyone else? It keeps highlighting and then unhighlighting the last 5 subscriptions that were just posted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

you can change to the old layout, i dont like the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Has Boards' new layout been screwy for anyone else? It keeps highlighting and then unhighlighting the last 5 subscriptions that were just posted.

Yeah there's a database issue, theres a thread in site development about it. Should be fixed in a moment

I'm starting to warm to the new layout only since I found out there's a dark version. Only downside so far for me is that threads with new posts don't stand out enough, probably due to the colour scheme they're using.

The dark version of the new skin may as well be the title screen from Half Life 1 :o

210855-half-life-uplink-windows-screenshot-title-screens.jpg

Best game over music that's ripped off from Miami Vice, ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For all you people buying arcade PCBs and arcade cabinets I just have to say that you are all wasting your time. Sega has a bit of advice:

Now if you all want to give me your arcade PCBs I'll trade you a 50 Hz megadrive.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Have been meaning to get a bunch of PCB feet myself, sick of swapping them about. Where did you get them from sir? :)

I was in a similar situation myself! Loads of boards, not enough feet to go around. Give your favourite boards feet, feck the rest :D

I got them on Fleabay. This lad sells them for practically nothing -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADE-PCB-MOUNTING-FEET-PACK-OF-12-FEET-1-SCREW-PER-FOOT-/390394460091?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item5ae552b7bb

• Advertisement

I was in a similar situation myself! Loads of boards, not enough feet to go around. Give your favourite boards feet, feck the rest :D

I got them on Fleabay. This lad sells them for practically nothing -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADE-PCB-MOUNTING-FEET-PACK-OF-12-FEET-1-SCREW-PER-FOOT-/390394460091?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item5ae552b7bb

Excellent thanks. Nice, I see he has some button hole plugs too.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    For all you people buying arcade PCBs and arcade cabinets I just have to say that you are all wasting your time. Sega has a bit of advice:

Now if you all want to give me your arcade PCBs I'll trade you a 50 Hz megadrive.

Its basically completely & totally wrong :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wish my parents got me a golden axe machine :(

Meh. Who needs arcade machines to play Final Fight, Street Fighter II or Ghouls 'N' Ghosts? Just give me a Sharp X68000, and I'm all set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

In a debate with retr0 about whats better sonic adventure or mario 64

IMHO sonic adventure is better in almost every single way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That debate is equivalent to a Chrono Trigger vs Legend of Dragoon one, Richy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

You should probably cut down on whatever it is that you're smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

That debate is equivalent to a Chrono Trigger vs Legend of Dragoon one, Richy :pac:

i guess mario 64 is legend of dragoon so :P

Jaysus Richie, you should have told me you were going to do something so rash. We could have avoided this public embarassment and instead it would have just been me faceplaming :)

• Advertisement

Any game where Sonic can talk is automatically rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement