Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirectPro12 2012/13 General Discussion (with transfers/season preview)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Dragons have the try bonus point already, it's 34-6!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Zebre
    12-3 to Treviso now. Come on Treviso!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Zebre
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    Dragons have the try bonus point already, it's 34-6!

Jesus. The bloody Dragons.

Not good news for Zebre. Do they have all their internationals?

Zebre
    Ospreys red card. Treviso 12-3 up. I'd like to say Treviso will open up a gap in the second half but Ospreys have had all the ball since the card so won't be tiring out due to being a man down. They have the wind too in the second half. Treviso still have some work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zebre
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    Jesus. The bloody Dragons.

Not good news for Zebre. Do they have all their internationals?

Dragons:
    15 Dan Evans, 14 Will Harries, 13 Pat Leach, 12 Andy Tuilagi, 11 Tom Prydie, 10 Steffan Jones, 9 Wayne Evans,
    8 Toby Faletau, 7 Jevon Groves, 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Andrew Coombes, 4 Ian Nimmo, 3 Dan Way, 2 Steve Jones (c), 1 Phil Price.

Replacements: 16 Hugh Gustafson, 17 Nathan Williams, 18 Nathan Buck, 19 Adam Jones, 20 Tom Brown, 21 J Evans, 22 Lewis Robling, 23 Ashley Smith.

Zebre:
    15 Sinoti Sinoti, 14 Giovanbattista Venditti, 13 Roberto Quartaroli, 12 Gonzalo Garcia (c), 11 Samuele Pace, 10 Luciano Orquera, 9 Tito Tebaldi,
    8 Andries Van Schalkwyk, 7 Filippo Cristiano, 6 Nicola Cattina, 5 Emiliano Caffini, 4 Quintin Geldenhuys, 3 David Ryan, 2 Carlo Festuccia, 1 Salvatore Perugini.

Replacements: 16 Davide Giazzon, 17 Andrea De Marchie, 18 Luciano Leibson, 19 Filippo Cazzola, 20 Filippo Ferrarini, 21 Alberto Chillon, 22 Alberto Chiesa, 23 Ruggero Trevisan.

• Advertisement

Zebre
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ospreys red card. Treviso 12-3 up. I'd like to say Treviso will open up a gap in the second half but Ospreys have had all the ball since the card so won't be tiring out due to being a man down. They have the wind too in the second half. Treviso still have some work to do.

whew I backed out of putting Ospreys in the accum.

Treviso could do with the win considering what's happening in Newport.

Zebre
    This is terrible from Treviso. Have a man in the bin so 14 v 14 for now but even with the man advantage they seem incapable of keeping hold of the ball and simply running through the phases and waiting for the extra man to pay dividends. Brainless stuff - they've just managed to hold Ospreys up over the line. If they're not careful they'll lose this yet.

Zebre
    Dave Ryan got taken off at halftime for Zebre, doesn't look like it went well for him.

Zebre
    Ospreys and Treviso are both ****.

Zebre
    Treviso win 12-6. Utterly terrible win over a team playing with 14 men for 60 mins but a win is a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Zebre
    Great results tonight!

Good start for Ulster and Treviso, and always a pleasure to see the Ospreys lose.

Zebre
    Dragons only score a penalty (why go for a penalty when you're 30 points up?!) in the second half, they beat Zebre 37-6. Connacht travel to Parma next weekend.

Treviso needed that win, their next games are Munster (A), Leinster (H) and Cardiff (A).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Zebre
    why go for a penalty when you're 30 points up?!

Suck in some oxygen...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Zebre
    Looks like its going to be a long season for Zebre.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Dragons only score a penalty (why go for a penalty when you're 30 points up?!) in the second half, they beat Zebre 37-6. Connacht travel to Parma next weekend.

Treviso needed that win, their next games are Munster (A), Leinster (H) and Cardiff (A).

Seemingly the Prydie signalled for the post before Lydiate, the Captain, signalled for the scrum.

"Confusion reigned with seven minutes to go as the Dragons were awarded a penalty. Prydie pointed to the posts, only for Lydiate to signal for a scrum, but with the decision already made by the wing, he had to go for goal and took his personal haul to 14 in what was the final scoring action of an impressive opening victory."
    http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/matchcentre/14494.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Zebre
    Delighted for champions Ospreys. A real thorn in the side of Irish teams over the years, with probably more silverware than fairly represents their impact on the competition.

Solid start for Ulster, really hope they have another massive season this season. Fancy them to make Heineken Cup knockouts and P12 play-offs.

Very worrying start for Zebre. That's an absolute mauling off one of the teams they'd be looking to stand up against this season. Hopefully not a sign of things to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Hang on, Ospreys beat us fair and square both times out. No need to be sore losers because we haven't been capable of beating them. We just need to take it to the next level if we want the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Hang on, Ospreys beat us fair and square both times out. No need to be sore losers because we haven't been capable of beating them. We just need to take it to the next level if we want the double.

Either that or not have a Heineken Cup final the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Zebre

+1
    Sorry to break it to some of ye, but winning the Rabo isn't ye're devine right
    Ospreys beat ye in the final- they are champions, get over it :)

but back on topic, great win for Ulster and hopefully rest of the provinces can follow suit today

It's great to have it back:D

Tox56 wrote: »

That would make the double pretty much impossible wouldn't it? :pac:

• Advertisement

That would make the double pretty much impossible wouldn't it? :pac:

Oops, thought you were talking about beating the Ospreys

Although they have beaten us a lot recently. And when they won the Magners League in 2010 we had no Heineken Cup final the week before the final.

They are a very good team. And their fans are great as well. I don't begrudge them their success over us.

Although they have beaten us a lot recently. And when they won the Magners League in 2010 we had no Heineken Cup final the week before the final.

They are a very good team. And their fans are great as well. I don't begrudge them their success over us.

I don't begrudge them but I would love to beat them in the final for once. I think we're a better team than in 2010, and although I'm not quite at the stage where I would rather win the Rabo than the H Cup, I'm getting there (especially if we lose the final again).

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Solid start for Ulster, really hope they have another massive season this season. Fancy them to make Heineken Cup knockouts and P12 play-offs.
    They looked impressive alright considering how many first choice players weren't available, but we're already seeing problems at 10 for them. Let's hope Jackson isn't badly injured and that he can raise his game up another notch because NOC is noticeably worse than the rest of the team. He wasn't good enough for Connacht last season, I have no idea why Ulster thought it was a good idea to sign him.

Zebre
    ray jay wrote: »
    They looked impressive alright considering how many first choice players weren't available, but we're already seeing problems at 10 for them. Let's hope Jackson isn't badly injured and that he can raise his game up another notch because NOC is noticeably worse than the rest of the team. He wasn't good enough for Connacht last season, I have no idea why Ulster thought it was a good idea to sign him.

They had to get someone to replace Ian Humphreys and it's difficult when you can't sign a foreign player to plug a gap for a year or so. His replacement had to be IQ.

Did Jeremy Staunton find a club after leaving Leicester? He's not 33 till May and would have done a decent job in the Pro12.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Zebre

I, for one, have disliked the Ospreys for a lot longer than their dominance over Leinster has existed. They have a certain arrogance about them.

Plus, I think if we really tried, we could drop the inter-pro bull that goes on and focus our vitriol on them, and this place would be better for it.

Zebre
    I just highlights of the Dragons' tries vs Zebre.

The less said about Zebre the better, they didn't look too bothered with this rugby lark.

I just highlights of the Dragons' tries vs Zebre.

The less said about Zebre the better, they didn't look too bothered with this rugby lark.

Dragons didn't exactly look great either. It wouldve been poor for an AIL division 3 match!

Anyone know when Franno and Mattie are back?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Zebre
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    Anyone know when Franno and Mattie are back?
    Are they going to be doing the breakdown this season, last year it was only around internationals and HEC games

Advertisement