Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirectPro12 2012/13 General Discussion (with transfers/season preview)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

vienne86 wrote: »
    Converted try for Ospreys. Try for Glasgow - that's their bonus point. 27-10, despite Duncan Weir having nightmare with the boot.

So we need a BP on Sunday to keep ahead of those pesky Scots

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Zebre
    I very much do not want to have to travel to Glasgow for a semi final (well I do personally cause it would be fun, but Leinster could well lose).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Zebre
    Another converted try for Ospreys. 27-17.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Another converted try for Ospreys. 27-17.

C'mon Ospreys, force the draw.

Urgh I felt a tad dirty typing that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Zebre
    P_1 wrote: »
    So we need a BP on Sunday to keep ahead of those pesky Scots

We have the tiebreaker, wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Zebre
    Glasgow 35 Ospreys 17 Full Time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zebre
    John Barclay apparently going to Scarlets, he already announced he was leaving Glasgow. Try to make sense of that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Zebre
    Glasgow 35 Ospreys 17 Full Time. :(

Thing to take from that is if Glasgow can do it there's no reason we can't next week. Also, I'm chuffed for Glasgow, there thoroughly deserve to get to the play offs... But we thoroughly deserve to win the competition after so many close shaves. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Duncan Weir went off with what looks like a serious leg injury, no update from Glasgow yet.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

.ak wrote: »
    Thing to take from that is if Glasgow can do it there's no reason we can't next week. Also, I'm chuffed for Glasgow, there thoroughly deserve to get to the play offs... But we thoroughly deserve to win the competition after so many close shaves. :)
    TBH I think it would be more entertaining if you were beaten finalists again. :pac:

• Advertisement

Zebre
    awec wrote: »
    TBH I think it would be more entertaining if you were beaten finalists again. :pac:

Why? You going to come see Scarlets try and take us in the RDS after beating Ulster? ;)

Zebre
    If we lose another ****ing final in the RDS I will blow a ****ing gasket.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Zebre
    John Barclay apparently going to Scarlets, he already announced he was leaving Glasgow. Try to make sense of that one!

As daft as Richie Gray joining Sale.

Zebre
    Don't think these stats have been mentioned earlier but here are the attendance stats for 2012/13 (obviously a week to go plus play offs)

Average Pro 12 attendances :

Ulster 10,307 +2,011
    Cardiff 8,933 +1,658
    Ospreys 9,291 +1,605
    Leinster 19,023 +768
    Glasgow 4,541 +523
    Connacht 5,154 +501
    Dragons 6,098 +420
    Edinburgh 4,600 +348

Zebre 1,977 (first season)

Treviso 3,510 -390
    Munster 14,137 -761
    Scarlets 7,803 -1,203

Big improvement for Ulster, a surprising increase for Cardiff, good to see the Ospreys on the rise and Connacht have done well also.

No surprise that Munster are down given their league form but what a disaster for the Scarlets! Disapointing figures for Treviso as well given they've done reasonably well this season.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster's average of 19000 in a stadium that holds just over 18000 is impressive. :D Is that figure skewed upwards by the Munster game in the Aviva?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Zebre
    Leinster's average of 19000 in a stadium that holds just over 18000 is impressive. :D Is that figure skewed upwards by the Munster game in the Aviva?

yep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Zebre
    Wow, with 11 home games and at least one more to come, you're looking at an Ulster team who are selling 30,000 more league tickets than they did last year, as well as countless pints and jerseys. Unless they're putting a lot more into promotion than last year that is a real increase in club income surely?

Even leinster are doing quite well. I'd figured we'd almost reached saturation, and our season hasn't exactly been brilliant

Zebre
    On and harping back to a discussion we had years ago, ospreys attendance has increased despite Swansea being in the premiership, so maybe Cardiff are all right. Shame about scarlets. Hard to explain that one?

Zebre
    errlloyd wrote: »
    On and harping back to a discussion we had years ago, ospreys attendance has increased despite Swansea being in the premiership, so maybe Cardiff are all right. Shame about scarlets. Hard to explain that one?

Who were the home teams on the day that they had the double header at the Millenium Stadium?

It's hard to fathom why Cardiff would have enjoyed an increase while the Scarlets would have have had a drop?

Zebre
    Dragons and the Blues, very well spotted.

Ospreys have a bona fide increase though.

• Advertisement

Zebre
    I have read the charter, and I am not here to discuss TG4. All posters replying to this, should probably note that the charter forbids discussion of TG4.

The broadcast schedule has been released for the final round. All games clash of course, so you may need multi screen set ups.
    The broadcast schedule for final round of games on Friday 3 May can now be confirmed:
    • Connacht v Glasgow Warriors at the Sportsground, 19:45 - RTE / BBC ALBA
    • Leinster v Ospreys at RDS, Dublin, 19:45 - TG4 / S4C
    • Scarlets v Benetton Treviso at Parc y Scarlets, 19:45 - BBC W
    • Ulster v Cardiff Blues at Ravenhill, 19:45 - BBC NI
    • Zebre v Munster at Stadio XXV Aprile, 19:45 local time - SPORT ITALIA
    • Edinburgh Rugby v Newport Gwent Dragons at Murrayfield, 19:45 - not live

As you can see Connacht rugby for perhaps the first time ever will benefit from an RTE broadcast in a non interpro. Digital viewers of the Leinster game will be able to use the red button English commentary available on S4c, I do warn you though, that usually consists of one guy who knows nothing about Irish rugby watching the feed remotely rather than sitting in the stadium.

The Munster game will not be available to Irish viewers.

Zebre
    Connacht benefitting from Alba wanting to cover Glasgow there. Not a chance RTÉ would be sending over their own cameras otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zebre
    5 games of the 6 televised, that's pretty impressive. Hopefully I'll be able to download *ahem* the Munster match afterwards.

Zebre
    Just to clarify, there's no issue discussing TG4, it's the MOANING about it/Irish language we have an issue with.

Zebre
    In that case I think it's a strange marketing point from RTE's point of view.

Alba will be broadcasting in Scottish, so there is no way showing the Connacht game in Irish will lose them viewers, S4c do provide an English broadcast, so showing the Leinster game in Irish will lose us viewers as opposed to the other way round.

I guess it's fair connacht get some coverage though, they generally get a little bit shafted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Zebre
    errlloyd wrote: »
    In that case I think it's a strange marketing point from RTE's point of view.

Alba will be broadcasting in Scottish, so there is no way showing the Connacht game in Irish will lose them viewers, S4c do provide an English broadcast, so showing the Leinster game in Irish will lose us viewers as opposed to the other way round.

I guess it's fair connacht get some coverage though, they generally get a little bit shafted.

It mightn't be RTE's choice. RTE and TG4 both get first choice on certain weeks. If its TG4s week to get first choice they probably chose Leinster Ospreys as the obvious glamour game.

RTE then had the choice of Zebre Munster or Connacht Glasgow.

If RTE chose Zebre Munster then Connacht Glasgow would not be televised. Reason for this is that the local broadcaster is responsible for cameras while the away broadcaster buys a feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

yes its like an extra 1.5 home games

Munster's also skewed downwards due to 4 games in Musgrave

Zebre
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    Connacht benefitting from Alba wanting to cover Glasgow there. Not a chance RTÉ would be sending over their own cameras otherwise.

Ignore this, for some reason I thought the game was in Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ignore this, for some reason I thought the game was in Glasgow.

I don't think your completely wrong before. The league probably ordered the Glasgow game be broadcast because it really would be a farce if one of the playoff hopefuls was not on air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Zebre
    Cardiff played at home to the Ospreys in front of 36k in the Millennium Stadium too, which explains their large increase.

Advertisement