Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasteland 2

Options

Comments

• Progress so far:

Last night I cleared out Highpool
    however it had already been attacked as I attended to the Ag Center first

Love the fact that one choice can have major repercussions even if you think you made the right choice initially.

Needless to say in this instance
    The only survivor in Highpool (Sean) is not happy with the rangers, but I have a feeling that I may be able to redeem myself as the next part of the mission as it involves me saving some of his buddies in the prison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Bought it yesterday so will be giving it a go at the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's only just over €14 on Kinguin :)

ah feck just got it there, never used g2play before. i paid for it and stuff but ehh.. still waiting on my code to be sent..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They're usually very good. However, the first time you order from them there's a chance they'll ask you for a copy of some photo id. Not always needed, but some people get asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Lone Stone wrote: »
    ah feck just got it there, never used g2play before. i paid for it and stuff but ehh.. still waiting on my code to be sent..

It takes a few minutes. They are reliable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Kiith wrote: »
    It's only just over €14 on Kinguin :)

Feck

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Man this game is unforgiving, went up to the place where all the plants are and got my ass handed to me. Spaced out my guys too and they kept missing and the melee guy has a knife and he kept missing too :S

• Man this game is unforgiving, went up to the place where all the plants are and got my ass handed to me. Spaced out my guys too and they kept missing and the melee guy has a knife and he kept missing too :S

What difficulty are you playing on?

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What difficulty are you playing on?

easy lol I'll watch a few gameplay videos on youtube.

• BTW Patch released today; Massive list of optimization and fixes. The download on Steam was around 1.5 GB for me.

http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/98474203546/wasteland-2-patch-1-56458-release-notes

• easy lol

How many are in your squad? And what are there skills? I would suggest concentrating on billding up a small set of skills for each member but have variation in the squad.

For example; I have a one of my team members as a Sniper / Weaponsmith and most of his skill points go here. Don't try and average out every skill.

The next team member is an SMG / Medic combo.

Next is Shotgun / Locksmith / Safecracker...and so on.

How many are in your squad? And what are there skills? I would suggest concentrating on billding up a small set of skills for each member but have variation in the squad.

For example; I have a one of my team members as a Sniper / Weaponsmith and most of his skill points go here. Don't try and average out every skill.

The next team member is an SMG / Medic combo.

Next is Shotgun / Locksmith / Safecracker...and so on.

I'll have to check, did you go the ag center yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Ag centre is hard anyway, but pistol users are great in there and tbh they're great for most encounters despite their relatively low damage they have the highest amount of critical strikes even in melee range. I had one character with blunt weapons and shotguns in his skills, that seems to work really well for tanking or taking out lots of melee npc's in one go.. they're just dangerous with the cone effect - try not to kill your team-mates :D

• I'll have to check, did you go the ag center yet?

Yes -
    the mutant's can be annoying in the AG center. As is the radiation.

You can get the follower Angela Death to join your party back at the Citadel where you start the game. She's a high level character at 14 so very handy to have early on in the game.

Where do ye recommend going so first after you kill the toad?

• Where do ye recommend going so first after you kill the toad?

It all depends, I chose the Ag center first. Needless to say it had consequenes.

Which makes it really interesting :pac:

I'm unsure of what happens when you head to Highpool first but intend on doing that in my second playthrough.

that choice is the first of many tough ones you get in the game
    if you choose one, you lose the other..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Where do ye recommend going so first after you kill the toad?

I went to highpool which i found easy enough. Not sure about tbe ag center though. Went there after highpool and found it tough so i left that.

• Advertisement

that choice is the first of many tough ones you get in the game
    if you choose one, you lose the other..

Ahhhhhhh didn't realise that, I think I might re roll, I ran out ammo too :o:D

I went to highpool which i found easy enough. Not sure about tbe ag center though. Went there after highpool and found it tough so i left that.
    That's the one with the plants ya ? and you have to do something with the dish?

• Ahhhhhhh didn't realise that, I think I might re roll, I ran out ammo too :o:D

For quick funds make sure you use the 'sell all junk' button.

I know it sounds obvious but I missed it for about the first 6 hours.

Usaully stokcing up on additional ammo and meds in exchange.

For quick funds make sure you use the 'sell all junk' button.

I know it sounds obvious but I missed it for about the first 6 hours.

Usaully stokcing up on additional ammo and meds in exchange.

you can flag stuff as junk too, so it makes it even easier to clear out of your inventory at a vendor - just dont sell scrap weapon parts, they come in handy later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

That's the one with the plants ya ? and you have to do something with the dish?
    Yes ag centers got the plants. I dont know if it's any easier if you go to it first though as i went to Highpool. Highpool has a raider gang attacking it and they were easy enough to defeat.

Yes ag centers got the plants. I dont know if it's any easier if you go to it first though as i went to Highpool. Highpool has a raider gang attacking it and they were easy enough to defeat.

Well I started a new game and went there first and it definitely easier so far anyway.

My boxer guy kicks bums, people explode ha. Reminds me of fallout 2 and tactics mixed together.

Can you not swap ammo,weapon etc between characters no?

Just drag and drop it on their portrait when the inventory is open

• Advertisement

• Well I started a new game and went there first and it definitely easier so far anyway.

That's not the point. It was easier for a reason. I'll say no more but this.... Make sure you try and read all the text. My decision to save the ag centre first was for a good reason...I love this game :)

But it also had consequences....

Advertisement