Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasteland 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What size is the download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So I finished with Highpool and now I am in second location.
    **** really hit the fan. I have to admit, they did it really well with choices. I really feel bad now :(

So one gripe: Fecking water issue. I had to go from Highpool to AG center with zero water... No oasis on a way. A bit stupid system.

Hate to break it to you but when you enter highpool theres a thing you can refill your canteens at on the left.:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mr Blobby wrote: »

When fully installed it reports disk usage just over 22 gigs at least.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How many hrs would it take to complete the game roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

no idea, not even remotely close to an ending - though i did restart after about 20 hours and sunk in another 4 or 5 on new characters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

How many hrs would it take to complete the game roughly?

~50 hours. More if you like to explore.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/04/10/how-long-is-wasteland-2/

I played the beta with 2 different teams and started a 3rd with the release. I've clocked up nearly 130 hours according to Steam and I'm still having a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hate to break it to you but when you enter highpool theres a thing you can refill your canteens at on the left.:p

I read online that it was removed from since it went in to full game. It was a beta thing.

I read online that it was removed from since it went in to full game. It was a beta thing.

Musn't be the case because i only bought and installed the game a few days ago after it's full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Musn't be the case because i only bought and installed the game a few days ago after it's full release.

Same here, I think it might be tied to perception stat though?

possibly, but there's a well or water source to fill canteens in most if not all major towns too

• Advertisement

• Mr Blobby wrote: »

The download itself is only around 9GB. Think it extracts to about 20+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

really interested in this, does it have a decent narrative/story? or it mainly just heres a team, go explore and kill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

really interested in this, does it have a decent narrative/story? or it mainly just heres a team, go explore and kill

I played about 3 hours of it last night, so far it's got a nice mix of fallout tactics and fallout 2.

You can wander around the wasteland to a certain extent looking for stuff or you can follow the main quest. The overall story seems pretty interesting so far - mysterious enemy, villagers needing help etc.
    So far so good..

It has a really good narrative, and yet it's open to allow you to feel isolated just enough to be immersed in the Arizona wasteland. Your radio is your link to the story for the most part, although the more towns and villages you meet, the more is revealed, as well as general travelling through the wastes and picking up rogue transmissions on the radio, you can always return to your base for an in-person chat with your c/o and fellow rangers. There's about 20% voiceacting, and the rest is text, very fallouty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Are ye certain? Thought it was Mark Morgan?

Yeah definitely, well the song used during the into and outdo anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its 18.99 ATM on g2play

Isnt g2play supposed to be dodgy? I read they buy russian keys cheaply which is how they can offer such cheap prices but youre at risk of having your account banned if your caught by steam.

• Played for 4 hours straight last night. I'm hooked.

I'm just after completing the AG Centre Mission. The woman running the place is a laugh.

To note: The narrative is excellent. And plenty of twists and turns in the missions.

Isnt g2play supposed to be dodgy? I read they buy russian keys cheaply which is how they can offer such cheap prices but youre at risk of having your account banned if your caught by steam.

they have Russian keys but the tell you before you buy that you would need a vpn to use them, the also sell normal keys which is why youd see two prices for the same game on there.

Ive used them a few times, never had any problems

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've used them loads of times, and never had any issues. I've never bought a Russian key though, so can't comment on that. Just picked Wasteland 2 up from them now, as i will definitely play it at some stage, and less than €20 is too good to turn down.

• Advertisement

they have Russian keys but the tell you before you buy that you would need a vpn to use them, the also sell normal keys which is why youd see two prices for the same game on there.

Ive used them a few times, never had any problems

Ah right fair enough. Wouldnt like to take the risk personally as id be losing a few hundred games if it did go pear shaped.

Ah right fair enough. Wouldnt like to take the risk personally as id be losing a few hundred games if it did go pear shaped.

i dont see how steam could justify it, your paying good money for the games!
    id use them again and ive 200-300 games, never heard of anyone getting banned by buying genuine keys from the region you live in

Got it for 18 off g2play because I had some credit or something on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Steam only prohibits the use of a VPN on THEIR store - you can buy keys from wherever you want and activate them on steam as long as they're not region locked... however steam have been shown to be region-locking games on their own end even for indie games where the developers have expressed surprise that their game is region locked when they never added such restrictions themselves... so it seems they're catching onto people being smart consumers and want to screw them over again. Just make sure you can actually activate the key before you buy of course. Research is healthy.

If it's a moral issue you have, buying goods from one place cheaply and selling them to another where they're typically more expensive in order to out-play the competition is free market economics 101.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So Wasteland 2 is only 18.99 on G2Play?

Sure I'd be losing money not buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So Wasteland 2 is only 18.99 on G2Play?

Sure I'd be losing money not buying it.

Will also be availing on this later, great price.

Cool game but hard,was trying to kill a frog and my lads kept missing it

Cool game but hard,was trying to kill a frog and my lads kept missing it

Creatures that come right up to you to attack are a pain as weapons like assault rifles and sniper rifles are useless at close range. Try having a melee weapon or pistol for enemies that get too close.

or a big blunt weapon using high strength tank :)

• Advertisement

• Cool game but hard,was trying to kill a frog and my lads kept missing it

Move your rangers away or behind cover then fire, ranged weapons will miss at close range.

Advertisement