Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasteland 2

Options
  • 10-07-2012 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭

Who remembers Wasteland?

If you do, you're probably as old as i am, or at least as bored as i was when i found this video. It's worth a watch even if you dont know what Wasteland is.
    Wasteland 2 is due for release next year.

The original was a tactical combat RPG, and the true predecessor to fallout. The sequel will be in the same vein and is being funded by donations.

Anyway, video here

And details here

http://www.inxile-entertainment.com/projects

Some really big names in there, I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the first screenshot is up on their facebook page

413336_404808526235083_61219620_o.jpg

looks interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

The Wasteland 2 devs released a vid of some gameplay footage.

http://vimeo.com/59292662
    (game play footage starts at 2m35s)

Feel the turned based, isometric goodness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GOD BLESS ITS STILL TURN BASED!!!

I still cant forgive to bastards who decided to make Jagged alliance non turn based game! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Remember you can still give them a donation through their website and get the game when it's released. I signed up a couple weeks ago and still got a free code for A Bard's Tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

abbir wrote: »
    Remember you can still give them a donation through their website and get the game when it's released. I signed up a couple weeks ago and still got a free code for A Bard's Tale.

How do you get that?
    I pitched in for the boxed collectors edition when it was announced on kickstarter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

TomCo wrote: »
    How do you get that?
    I pitched in for the boxed collectors edition when it was announced on kickstarter

It was in one of the update email I never read..
    <> we decided the best gift we could give you all was a FREE copy of The Bard’s Tale. You read that right; all of you backers who log into the Ranger Center web portal between now and the end of the year will be able to get a code that will let you download your very own copy of The Bard’s Tale from our friends at Steam.

The email from December but its still available. Log in here for it. Cheers abbir

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Me's getting a boxed copy too. Demo looks friggin sweet.

Bards Tale is still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

The Vimeo gameplay vid has been yanked. It's now on YouTube.

Here's the Kickstarter page and their Facebook page

Beta is here!!:D Will try to give it a whirl over the weekend. Feedback is extremely positive already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

€55 for early access... me hole!

• Advertisement

yeah i seen that last night, complained directly to steam and let inxile know via FB - never heard back from either, but the price was changed down to 44.99 - still outlandish, but people are paying it. I'm gonna wait til it drops to it's proper price next year. cba paying more to betatest an unfinished game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I got the release game as an add-on in the Torment kickstarter. No way I'm paying that much for early release. Extortionate for beta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's pretty much the same as other games released recently. Prison Architect, Planetary Annihilation and now Wasteland. It's mad that they want us to pay more than the release cost, to beta test their unfinished games for them.

Still though, people obviously buy it, so devs will keep on doing it. Plus, if the end result is i get a better product when i pay the regular price at launch, than that's fine with me.

This is the Problem when Early access and Kick Started clash together.

They cant put if for cheaper on steam asAlpha as they already offered kickstarter backers early access for fixed amount of "donation". So if the actual Kickstarter price tag for early access was 50eu, then those people will get pissed off if everyone else gets in now at the same time as backers for 20eu.

I am looking forward to this game, but my ****, I am not paying 45eu for Alpha build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I blame minecraft.

That made it okay to charge for a beta game and keep saying its beta.

I blame minecraft.

That made it okay to charge for a beta game and keep saying its beta.

Well, Minecraft is a bit unique in this way. I dont know if Minecraft can be blamed for it as it is a game, which is based on complete evolution of a game it self. Wheres something like wasteland has to be a fully build product and cant really evolve unless its dlc or expansions.

I blame Steam and early access system. Yes, in a way I am excited that I can play early some awesome games, but in other way I am not even excited about them when the full release comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

just saw it on steam there, this early access stuff is getting out of hand really, that price is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

€55 for early access... me hole!
    People pre-order for that price all the time. And with this they get to play the game as it's being made. It's not like they're ripping people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

humanji wrote: »
    People pre-order for that price all the time. And with this they get to play the game as it's being made. It's not like they're ripping people off.

Agreed. But there is something that strikes me about Wasteland as it being an under 30 quid kinda game. People will pay 50 quid for the Mass Effects, the Call of Duties and the Elder Scrolls

Agreed. But there is something that strikes me about Wasteland as it being an under 30 quid kinda game. People will pay 50 quid for the Mass Effects, the Call of Duties and the Elder Scrolls

It will be available for under 30 quid when the game launches. It is only the current price if you want to pay for early beta access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

abbir wrote: »
    It will be available for under 30 quid when the game launches. It is only the current price if you want to pay for early beta access.

Oh.....

Well thats ****ed up

Oh.....

Well thats ****ed up

It's due to what ShadowHearth said and the fact it was a Kickstarter.
    They cant put if for cheaper on steam asAlpha as they already offered kickstarter backers early access for fixed amount of "donation". So if the actual Kickstarter price tag for early access was 50eu, then those people will get pissed off if everyone else gets in now at the same time as backers for 20eu.

:confused:

This is exactly why it was crowd sourced.

cant blame them for trying to get some more profit. People are obviously paying for it, like they did with planetary annihilation when it was 89.99

Mark these words: This trend will continue as long as idiots and their money are so easily parted.

Sorry to bump this but it was released yesterday and getting good reviews;

Was thinking of picking it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It has toaster repair skill, what's not to like?

To note: its 27.99 on g2play Steam EU key

Buying now :)

Will report back over the weekend with my thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Nearly bought this a couple of times over the last few months but decided to hold off till it's finished. Just bought it and just waiting for it to download.

Also nice to see an early access title get across the finish line. Hopefully a few others will follow suit.

Nearly bought this a couple of times over the last few months but decided to hold off till it's finished. Just bought it and just waiting for it to download.

same here :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Played the beta up until about 2 updates ago. It's pretty slick. Some odd bugs that weren't there before now, like the menu options and map screen constantly auto-scrolling up and left, which makes travelling bloody awkward. Hopefully that'll be gone by tomorrow.

Advertisement