Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Here's the answer I got back re Undrafted (and someone else had asked him about Finding Giants):

"Sorry, Finding Giants and Undrafted will not be available as archived content within NFL Game Pass this season. Unfortunately, we can't say whether they will or won't be available next season at this point either."

Since my sub with gamepass ended on Jan 9th, I subbed to http://now.nfl.com/ it's great and has all those show's, only $1.99 per month.

The NFL network is live too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Dymo wrote: »
    Since my sub with gamepass ended on Jan 9th, I subbed to http://now.nfl.com/ it's great and has all those show's, only $1.99 per month.

The NFL network is live too.

Is that as simple as signing up with a U.S. iTunes account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭boccy23

Yes. Have this too. Works a treat. iPad and Apple TV. Apple TV gives the NFL Network live which was great for the Thursday night games and NFL Gameday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

I signed up via their website, surprisingly when I checked the price first it gave me the price of $1.99 but when I went back the price had risen to $4.99 so I thought there must be some price by location/cookie going on and signed in with a US vpn and it was back at $1.99.

Haven't tried the Itunes route

boccy23 wrote: »
    Yes. Have this too. Works a treat. iPad and Apple TV. Apple TV gives the NFL Network live which was great for the Thursday night games and NFL Gameday.

Thanks. I have the full year subscription with Gamepass but for next year I might get the option that ends in January and do this for the in between months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Raoul

Thanks. I have the full year subscription with Gamepass but for next year I might get the option that ends in January and do this for the in between months.

I only had to January. This is of great interest to me now. Having Americas game is great too.

Gamepass really should have all these shows too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Frustrating that archived footage can't be casted :-(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

gufc21 wrote: »
    Frustrating that archived footage can't be casted :-(

Copy the link from the console player into chrome and cast the tab

bruschi wrote: »
    Copy the link from the console player into chrome and cast the tab

For some reason tabs won't cast for me. I mean it will launch the nfl player.. netflix, youtube etc but when i try to cast a tab it just freezes on the telly. Like its just casting a screen shot

For some reason tabs won't cast for me. I mean it will launch the nfl player.. netflix, youtube etc but when i try to cast a tab it just freezes on the telly. Like its just casting a screen shot

Maybe reinstall the chrome app? It does work casting the tab tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Christ above, it even has the feckin pro bowl on blackout. Got signed up by accident for the full package through playoffs at the start of the year, yet havent been able to see a single playoff game. Used to think Gamepass was great but have had my eyes opened this past year. Plenty of other streaming services like cobain can bring hundreds of streams on one app in real time. Gamepass is a minute and a half behind, on the games they dont have on blackout. Pay the same for a sky sports subscription for 3 months next year and get the big games and redzone, and watch the rest on any number of free streams. The plus being you wont be a minute behind the action

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Christ above, it even has the feckin pro bowl on blackout. Got signed up by accident for the full package through playoffs at the start of the year, yet havent been able to see a single playoff game. Used to think Gamepass was great but have had my eyes opened this past year. Plenty of other streaming services like cobain can bring hundreds of streams on one app in real time. Gamepass is a minute and a half behind, on the games they dont have on blackout. Pay the same for a sky sports subscription for 3 months next year and get the big games and redzone, and watch the rest on any number of free streams. The plus being you wont be a minute behind the action

very easy and free ways to get past the blackouts. discussed on this thread a load of times already. install hola on your chrome browser, set it to Germany or Netherlands or somewhere and it works fine and no blackouts. mine would maybe be 30 seconds behind, but nothing major. With the chromecast option now, streaming sites have nothing on the quality of the gamepass option.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

I was thinking of getting the NFL gamepass but I'm a bit confused by the blackout thing.

Is the final really not shown live?

RockDesk wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting the NFL gamepass but I'm a bit confused by the blackout thing.

Is the final really not shown live?

It's blacked out in the UK and Ireland but it's simple to get around with a VPN. And the 'final' is shown on C4 as well so if you have a TV you should be alright.

It's blacked out in the UK and Ireland but it's simple to get around with a VPN. And the 'final' is shown on C4 as well so if you have a TV you should be alright.

Thanks a million for your reply. I didn't realise it was shown on Channel 4, that's great.

I've wanted to properly get into watching football for ages but never looked into the ways I could watch it here.

RockDesk wrote: »
    Thanks a million for your reply. I didn't realise it was shown on Channel 4, that's great.

I've wanted to properly get into watching football for ages but never looked into the ways I could watch it here.

You'll still need Gamepass or Sky for the regular season games at 6/9 on a Sunday though.

You'll still need Gamepass or Sky for the regular season games at 6/9 on a Sunday though.

Great, I think I'll get the Gamepass. Thanks again for your answers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

game pass works for me anyway, Titans dont see any sunday games.
    I'll be signing up again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah I'll be renewing it anyway, no doubt. I think its a great product. Not a bad price for what you get and the VPN are very easily overcome with hola or whatever VPN you use.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    I notice Roger Goodell was making noises about streaming in the US and worldwide, I wonder if this will affect the Gamepass product or if it will be in addition to this?

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/goodell-nfl-will-aggressively-pursue-regular-season-streaming/137584
    "We are aggressively pursuing the streaming of a regular season game with our first over-the-top telecast"
    He continued that any OTT telecast would be carried on the local broadcast stations in the competing teams’ markets, but would “reach a worldwide audience including millions of homes that do not have traditional TV service.”

• Advertisement

Anyone who subscribes to MLB.TV will be aware that some new tax for non EU companies providing a service to EU customers came into play on Jan 1 and has added about $25 onto the $129 cost of that so expect a similar percentage increase in GamePass next season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Anyone who subscribes to MLB.TV will be aware that some new tax for EU companies providing a service to EU customers came into play on Jan 1 and has added about $25 onto the $129 cost of that so expect a similar percentage increase in GamePass next season.

EU directive, the VAT needs to be paid in the country that the service is consumed rather than where it originates.

So yes likely to see a 23% increase..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

EU directive, the VAT needs to be paid in the country that the service is consumed rather than where it originates.

So yes likely to see a 23% increase..

It's taking MLB.tv and most definitely GamePass, if they actually do this, out of my price range. I was already stretching to pay for it.

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    It's taking MLB.tv and most definitely GamePass, if they actually do this, out of my price range. I was already stretching to pay for it.

They've no option but to do it, you cant sell without adding the VAT.

One would assume for the EU just to make accounting easier, the UK will be the provider and then the relevant rates will be applied.

No chance of it slipping under the radar tbh

I wonder is there any point seeing how many here sign up and seeing if we can group together and get a discount code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Now that i've gone with GP the past two seasons, hard to see how i could watch the games otherwise. Dont want to be fumbling around looking for a stream on a sunday evening.

I'd be surprised if it goes up 25%, being honest. Im not saying what people have said is not true, but id expect it to be absorbed or some work around.

Hadn't really watched it since superbowl night but flicked it on chromecast last night to watch the last 1/4 of the Ravens Pats game then a bit of NFL Network...great service to have now until June

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Does anyone watch Gamepass on the PS3/PS4? I know it isn't supported on an app like the XBoxs are but I didn't know if anyone had experience of using this through the browser?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That's very annoying news...I've been scraping by with it the last two years while making a few sacrifices on a student price range.

Would hola or other services not be a way around this?

• Advertisement

Would hola or other services not be a way around this?

i would imagine once you put in your billing address from the country drop down it may apply the relevant vat rate

Advertisement