Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'll be getting gamepass again this year and sharing my Chrome extension cookie thing if anyone else wants in. there's a few here who used it last year, the more the merrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    The one good thing about supporting a poor team is that they won't feature on many games that are blacked out so gamepass is actually worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'll probably get this again this year.

For the last two seasons I've just used a paid subscription site and while it has been excellent in all honesty and I'll continue to use it for not only NFL but numerous other sports, I've generally just watched the Ravens game live and Red Zone when the Ravens aren't on for the rest of the time when it comes to NFL.

What I really miss about Game Pass and where it virtually pays for itself for me is the condensed game option. Circumstances have changed for me which mean I rarely, if ever, get to stay up for the late games on Thursday night, Sunday night and Monday night now and I'm craving being able to watch them over breakfast before work the next day. The 3 or 4 minute highlight packages the NFL.com website show are great for free, but it's not enough really. In addition to that, I used to watch 6 or 7 other condensed games during the week too which was great in terms of keeping on top of the progress of teams, players etc. Red Zone is fantastic but there's no substitute for watching every play of a game. The Chromecast support adds further to the temptation to purchase it again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

D9Male wrote: »
    Not sure whether to stick with Sky or get Gamepass. I can't justify both, and my conscience doesn't allow me to use VPN and break copyright.

Sky will have good sports offers at the moment so if you were thinking of leaving you'd likely get a decent offer to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

It's an absolute must for me now. And will be going forward.

As said above, condensed games are a gift from the football gods. In such a short season I'm pretty much watching every game at this stage. Fleshing them out throughout a crap week in work makes the winter worthwhile.

Worth every cent, a great product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Has anyone else had problems watching NFL game pass recently? I've had major issues with trying to view games on Chrome for the last month. Works fine on my tablet for some reason.

Tried various browsers on my desktop but not avail.

(Lets skip the part where I am watching past games outside of season.... You guys understand right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

Iv never had game pass before just watch on sky or the red zone on red button with them, and get highlights on channel 4 on Mondays and YouTube to see more highlights of chargers games, I'm wondering is the game pass a real help to see more chargers games in full or even a good highlights package next day of other games, I find the channel 4 highlights to short, any advice greatly appreciated

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?ttv=0

2015 prices are out. As expected, the EU tax has kicked in with the season plus now costing €180.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

That is too much money really. Was looking to sign up for Gamepass this season.

I was just playing around with my VPN and checking the prices around Europe. Portugal/Netherlands/Belgium all get the Season Plan for €120 as opposed to our €145 but France and Austria are getting screwed as the season Plan in those countries cost €180 (€245 for the Season Plus).

What's the story with signing up with a VPN does anyone know? Does it go by the credit card address or if I sign up 'from' Portugal will I get it at the cheaper price?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    It goes by location not by CC address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I was just playing around with my VPN and checking the prices around Europe. Portugal/Netherlands/Belgium all get the Season Plan for €120 as opposed to our €145 but France and Austria are getting screwed as the season Plan in those countries cost €180 (€245 for the Season Plus).

What's the story with signing up with a VPN does anyone know? Does it go by the credit card address or if I sign up 'from' Portugal will I get it at the cheaper price?

What was the cheapest season plus (year long price) you found in your, ahem, travels

BKWDR wrote: »
    What was the cheapest season plus (year long price) you found in your, ahem, travels

I only tried about 10 countries out of the 25 or so available with my VPN so there might be cheaper ones out there but the €145 I was getting in Portugal, Netherlands and Belgium seemed to be the lowest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

How much was it last year again? Struggling to remember. €180 is tough to justify.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

€180/145 is going to be hard to justify this time around I'm afraid. Think that'll be the consensus for most people as well, especially if anyone already has any other paid TV/online sports subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

That is too much money really. Was looking to sign up for Gamepass this season.

Me too. I am confused. What to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Has this tax only come in recently or was it in place earlier ?

Anyone who subscribes to MLB.TV will be aware that some new tax for non EU companies providing a service to EU customers came into play on Jan 1 and has added about $25 onto the $129 cost of that so expect a similar percentage increase in GamePass next season.

As this has come up again and I checked my emails from MLB and I was charged $129.99. I didn't get charged 25 more so did I definitely come into force on jan 1 ? I'm not doubting you jack it's just I didn't for some reason.

Also on nfluk some seemed to be suggesting that the new price will be for new customers and not for renewing customers. Regardless that's a load of **** but a slight glimmer of hope. Someone checked his email and it said the auto renewal said they would be charged at at this seasons price or last years whichever was lower.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also on nfluk some seemed to be suggesting that the new price will be for new customers and not for renewing customers. Regardless that's a load of **** but a slight glimmer of hope. Someone checked his email and it said the auto renewal said they would be charged at at this seasons price or last years whichever was lower.

Ahh crap and i mailed them to turn off auto renew...

• Advertisement

Ahh crap and i mailed them to turn off auto renew...

That's what someone said I mean that's not an official line from the gamepass crowd. I'm just checking my emails from gamepass and I can't see where it says that though.

That's what someone said I mean that's not an official line from the gamepass crowd. I'm just checking my emails from gamepass and I can't see where it says that though.

Maybe there will be something in or around August about discounts or the portugal thing , have to say i would probably pay the 180e as i just equate it to not going out on a few of the sundays when im watching the games...pays for itself really

As this has come up again and I checked my emails from MLB and I was charged $129.99. I didn't get charged 25 more so did I definitely come into force on jan 1 ? I'm not doubting you jack it's just I didn't for some reason.

MLB announced their prices for 2015 without this new tax being included so after the uproar of some people seeing that their credit cards had been charged an extra $25, they decided to eat the tax. Some had to get in touch with MLB to get the money back, others just weren't charged it. But it was because of an oversight by them when announcing the prices. It'll be there next year for sure I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Found this in my last years sub email
    Subscription Details
    Username: XXXX
    Service: NFL Game Pass (Game Pass Season Plus Subscription)
    Price: €144.99 €123.24

Access to your NFL Game Pass subscription for the 2014 season will end at 11:59 pm GMT on 31 Jul 2015

Auto Renewal

Your subscription will automatically renew annually (on or around August 1) at either the same price as the previous year's full season rate or the current full season rate, whichever is lower. You may cancel auto renewal at any time prior to next season.

Agent J wrote: »
    Found this in my last years sub email

Yeah that was the full whack price minus the trip to portugal, if i recall.

Which was great value, just such a large increase to 180

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I only tried about 10 countries out of the 25 or so available with my VPN so there might be cheaper ones out there but the €145 I was getting in Portugal, Netherlands and Belgium seemed to be the lowest.

My work network runs through a server in Germany. I jsut checked the price and it is €145 there too. I think that's how I'll sign-up, it'll ease my conscience a little.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My work network runs through a server in Germany. I jsut checked the price and it is €145 there too. I think that's how I'll sign-up, it'll ease my conscience a little.

Just to clarify , that's the season until Feb, not through to july?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just to clarify , that's the season until Feb, not through to july?

Actually that's just pre-season and regular season - I've got Sky Sports so that was all I was thinking about. The full lot is €180. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Raoul

Don't forget there is usually 10/15% off discounts posted on the NFL UK site or some referral thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Cheapest I can find $129 or €115

Singapore, Argentina, Panama

Advertisement