Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Vikings wrote: »
    That option isn't there for me at all. No matter what browser I try or on my phone... you using any proxy or in a different country?

Doubt its available for phone yet.
    Doubt its has anything to do with proxies.
    Silly question but have you the chromecast plug-in installed on your chrome browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

lbj666 wrote: »
    Silly question but have you the chromecast plug-in installed on your chrome browser.

I didn't actually and that seemed to be the issue, installed the google cast extension and now the button is there.

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

So Chromecast only works on live full games so far? Not available for redzone or NFL network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Found GP to be a bit choppy last night, usually it takes a while to warm up but i had the laptop plugged straight into router and all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

BKWDR wrote: »
    Found GP to be a bit choppy last night, usually it takes a while to warm up but i had the laptop plugged straight into router and all.

Yeah I was the same, very stop-start at certain periods. Thought it was just my connection but apparently not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Same here actually. Was really annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

same here but I know it was eircom peering network. none of my UPC friends had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

same here but I know it was eircom peering network. none of my UPC friends had any problems.

Am on UPC myself. Was turning everyone off that was accessing via wifi and all but sure after an hour it would be grand but then would have a fit of about 20 seconds. Annoyingly happened on some big plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Kept dropping off a lot last night. First time Ive really had an issue with it this season. Wouldnt like that to be a regular occurance. Im on eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

So Chromecast only works on live full games so far? Not available for redzone or NFL network?

It's available for the Redzone and what ever show is on the NFL network at the time.

Every football game going back to 2009 is available via chromecast.

It was awful for me last night, constantly starting and stopping the whole night. Hopefully they get it sorted for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

So, good to know it wasn't just me with GP problems yesterday. Worst day all year and we don't need this shít starting as we near the business end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Was also freezing every 2 minutes for me, and I am on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Great to hear so many others had the same issues as me last Sunday night. Make sure to write them like I did so that they know it was not a one off thanks.

I was trying to watch the Charger game but is was messy as F until the 4th quarter (the video quality that is, not the game, but that was pretty messy too!!). But I'd jump over to redzone now and again and it seemed fine.

Email is gamepass.support@nfl.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Apologies if this is already discussed, I searched for unblock us and didn't see anything. Thought this might help some folks!

I Just got myself a 7 day trial of gamepass via unblock us (which I use for netflix anyway, $4.99 per month) and I used my own card and address and it all worked completely seamlessly. They have a "how-to" of using it, but it's honestly so easy. It sets you up automatically to Australia when signing up (but you can sign in using any existing log in if you have a gamepass already) and no blackouts, working perfectly. I'm watching some old games right now. Really only got the trial to watch the Packers Patriots game on Sunday. So far I'll be using this system to sign up next year for the full season for sure!

Apologies if this is already discussed, I searched for unblock us and didn't see anything. Thought this might help some folks!

I Just got myself a 7 day trial of gamepass via unblock us (which I use for netflix anyway, $4.99 per month) and I used my own card and address and it all worked completely seamlessly. They have a "how-to" of using it, but it's honestly so easy. It sets you up automatically to Australia when signing up (but you can sign in using any existing log in if you have a gamepass already) and no blackouts, working perfectly. I'm watching some old games right now. Really only got the trial to watch the Packers Patriots game on Sunday. So far I'll be using this system to sign up next year for the full season for sure!

Why not use hola unblocker?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I dont know what happened last weekend as I saw no nfl live due to issues I needed to sort out that came before the nfl. But how bad was it last weekend ? Also I love the football life watching it on a Saturday morning just chilling and relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Raoul wrote: »
    Why not use hola unblocker?

Because I already have a subscription for Unblock Us (I use it to watch Netflix Us) and I just find it super easy, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Guffy

very choppy, prob about a minute behind with all the freezing for a second here and a second there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

gufc21 wrote: »
    very choppy, prob about a minute behind with all the freezing for a second here and a second there

No problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Unblock US and Game pass. Great combination imho. Screw you blackouts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not working for me for some reason. Brilliant.

Anyone else's stuttering this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

My video won't load with hola turned on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky

Did at the start but ok now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Brian017 wrote: »
    My video won't load with hola turned on

Once the console is open, just turn off Hola. It should stay in the same region.

I wish mine wasn't working, it'd give me an excuse not to watch the train wreck that is this Washington Redskins team.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mine's working perfect atm, but no doubt it will be banjaxed for the Pats game later.:(

Yeah it is working OK for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

Just updated my game pass app on iPad and it now supports chrome cast, bit late in the season but better late than never

• Advertisement

Saturday's games are being blacked out so have the VPNs handy.

Edit - Scrap that, blackouts gone it seems.

Advertisement