Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Packoman

NFL Game Pass @NFLGamePass · 47 mins 47 minutes ago
    The blackout has been lifted. These games will be available live on NFL Game Pass.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

The quality on chromecast is brilliant. only used it a couple of times and usually just used the HDMI connector. But will be definitely use Chromecast from now on the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

When does the subscription end, I just signed up for the basic regular season?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Probably finished already in that case.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

9th of Jan it says on my console when I login

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Raoul

9th of Jan it says on my console when I login

So we should get the wildcard rounds.

Anyone know of any cheap sign up links until next year? I thought they might reduce the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Raoul wrote: »

Anyone know of any cheap sign up links until next year? I thought they might reduce the price.

Can't seem them reducing the price much until after each weekend. Demand will be high enough they probably wont need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

Do you not get this offer for €29.99?

XqD4MWI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Oat23 wrote: »
    Do you not get this offer for €29.99?

XqD4MWI.png

Might take this up. Got chrome cast stick during the week so it should be well worth it off season. Actually what are the off season highlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Raoul

I don't have that offer. 39.99 for me!

Edit - However, I changed to using the Portuguese site and I got that offer now :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Mods - Please delete if this question is against the rules.

I have Gamepass, including playoffs.
    I am going to use Hola to access the games live on the phone as they will be blacked out.
    However us it also possible to Chromecast them from the phone ?

Would it be as simple as setting Hola "Back to Ireland" once the stream has started or once i have started the Gamepass app ?

Mods - Please delete if this question is against the rules.

I have Gamepass, including playoffs.
    I am going to use Hola to access the games live on the phone as they will be blacked out.
    However us it also possible to Chromecast them from the phone ?

Would it be as simple as setting Hola "Back to Ireland" once the stream has started or once i have started the Gamepass app ?

I think it should be ok. You don't need to wait for game to test it either. Can check it straight away when you're home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

gufc21 wrote: »
    I think it should be ok. You don't need to wait for game to test it either. Can check it straight away when you're home.

If it's like Netflixs it won't work, I was watching Netficks via a VPN in Spain fine but when I tried using chromecast the signal then came from the modem which has a Spanish IP and won't let me stream unless I changed server settings on the modem.

Game pass could treat things differently though.

Dymo wrote: »
    If it's like Netflixs it won't work, I was watching Netficks via a VPN in Spain fine but when I tried using chromecast the signal then came from the modem which has a Spanish IP and won't let me stream unless I changed server settings on the modem.

Game pass could treat things differently though.

The difference between the two though is that you have to keep the vpn signed in for netflix but once you log into gamepass you can sign out of vpn (at least last year). Bearing in mind i have not casted gamepass. I'm sure someone who has subscribed this year can tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    You can cast with it. Netflix is supported natively by the Chromecast so when you try to tab cast, it picks up Netflix and launches that. Gamepass isn't so the tab casting works straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Well I only use the VPN for the blacked out games, I am regular subscriber so i can get the NFL Network etc without the VPN

Anyway I used the laptop to cast this weekend and it was very successful.

I installed the Google Cast add on to my Chrom browser.
    I used Hola to get a Dutch VPN.
    All I had to do was login, select the game and then revert to the Irish IP
    There was a small 'casting' icon for each game that that cast it with Chrome Cast no problem.
    I did not have to cast the whole desktop on the laptop as I was expecting to have to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

My gamepass had been due to expire Feb 9th. Today I got a paypal notification that billing had been cancelled. This happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    adrian522 wrote: »
    My gamepass had been due to expire Feb 9th. Today I got a paypal notification that billing had been cancelled. This happen to anyone else?

Are you sure it wasn't Jan 9th? That's when mine expired.....

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

I don't have that offer. 39.99 for me!

Edit - However, I changed to using the Portuguese site and I got that offer now :).

That isn't working for me, I just used several Portuguese VPNs and I'm still getting £29.99 (€39.99).

Areyouwell wrote: »
    That isn't working for me, I just used several Portuguese VPNs and I'm still getting £29.99 (€39.99).

You will need to clear your browser cookies and history. Sign into vpn and then got to nfl.com

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how long before a game appears on Game pass after the final whistle? (I have unblock us etc)

I'll be travelling tomorrow and I'm trying to watch the Packers game as soon as I get home at 22:00hrs ish.

Should be up there as soon as the game ends, though the ads wont be removed at that point. You'll need to use your VPN to get around the balckout restrictions.

Yeah have my unblock us around the blackout. Cheers!

would someone mind putting up a pic for the chromecast icon? cant see it for the life of me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Blackout

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

would someone mind putting up a pic for the chromecast icon? cant see it for the life of me!!

I couldnt get the Pats game last night on it and copied the web address and put it into the chrome browser and just cast that tab. Was good, but not as good as the direct chromecast option. tonight then, I log in (all via hola by the way) and I have the chromecast option on the Pats, Seahawks and Packers game. Watched all the Packers game through the chromecast option, but am back to casting the browser now for the Denver game. really odd. where it should be, is beside where it says 'watch' on each game when you open up the gamepass web browser page.

bruschi wrote: »
    I couldnt get the Pats game last night on it and copied the web address and put it into the chrome browser and just cast that tab. Was good, but not as good as the direct chromecast option. tonight then, I log in (all via hola by the way) and I have the chromecast option on the Pats, Seahawks and Packers game. Watched all the Packers game through the chromecast option, but am back to casting the browser now for the Denver game. really odd. where it should be, is beside where it says 'watch' on each game when you open up the gamepass web browser page.

Cheers man. Never would have found that. i was looking in the console for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Will that series Undrafted be making its way onto the GamePass app does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

BKWDR wrote: »
    Will that series Undrafted be making its way onto the GamePass app does anyone know?

I was wondering the same myself and asked the same question to the Gamepass rep on the NFLUK's forum. I'll post here when I get a response.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Here's the answer I got back re Undrafted (and someone else had asked him about Finding Giants):

"Sorry, Finding Giants and Undrafted will not be available as archived content within NFL Game Pass this season. Unfortunately, we can't say whether they will or won't be available next season at this point either."

Advertisement