Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Have to say the more i think about how much i use GP , even in the past few weeks, i dont mind shelling out 180 for it (but hope there is some discount code) - Top app and top way to watch ball.

Watching a few condensed games over the past few weeks and there seems to be a buffering between plays, its via chromecast so might be that issue, anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

BKWDR wrote: »
    Have to say the more i think about how much i use GP , even in the past few weeks, i dont mind shelling out 180 for it (but hope there is some discount code) - Top app and top way to watch ball.

Watching a few condensed games over the past few weeks and there seems to be a buffering between plays, its via chromecast so might be that issue, anyone else experiencing this?

Tbh I feel the same, I think it's a great service even at full price. I've noticed a few bits of buffering watching old games via chromecast, but nothing too crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

For the blackout games, when do they appear on the app? For example the Thursday night matches, will they be there ready to watch on Friday or are they blacked out for a while first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

Beefy78 wrote: »
    For the blackout games, when do they appear on the app? For example the Thursday night matches, will they be there ready to watch on Friday or are they blacked out for a while first?

The only games affected by the blackout are the 2 Sunday games on Sky. All the rest including TNF, SNF and MNF are unaffected and available to watch live

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Awesome, thanks.

And the two Sunday games, are they just bloacked-out 'live' or is there a delay in them going onto the on-demand portion of the site?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Awesome, thanks.

And the two Sunday games, are they just bloacked-out 'live' or is there a delay in them going onto the on-demand portion of the site?

24 hours from the completion of the game I think.

Awesome, thanks.

They are blacked out for 24 hours. After that you can watch them in full or the condensed version if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Brian017 wrote: »
    They are blacked out for 24 hours. After that you can watch them in full or the condensed version if you wish

In saying that, they did appear well before the 24 hour mark the next day on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Been watching the thread without paying attention for ages, am I right in thinking that whilst some games will be blacked out, all games will be available after 24 hours?

I'm not that fussed about missing them live to be honest, unsociable hours for most games combined with having very very few people I know into football to give away any spoilers means that 24 hours later would probably be perfect...

hots wrote: »
    Been watching the thread without paying attention for ages, am I right in thinking that whilst some games will be blacked out, all games will be available after 24 hours?

I'm not that fussed about missing them live to be honest, unsociable hours for most games combined with having very very few people I know into football to give away any spoilers means that 24 hours later would probably be perfect...

Correct. Only one 6pm and one 9pm (Irish Time) game is blacked out until Monday. After that there's no restrictions. Make sure you have scores turned off though to avoid any spoilers! And of course there's ways around the blackouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Brian017 wrote: »
    Correct. Only one 6pm and one 9pm (Irish Time) game is blacked out until Monday. After that there's no restrictions. Make sure you have scores turned off though to avoid any spoilers! And of course there's ways around the blackouts.

Perfect, worth splashing out on so I think! If only prem soccer had the same I'd be sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

hots wrote: »
    Perfect, worth splashing out on so I think! If only prem soccer had the same I'd be sorted...

They do if you "live" in certain countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

I have been using GP since Christmas last year and am planning on renewing for next season.
    I signed up roughly around Christmas 2014 and it cost me £30 (for the season plus option).
    Reading back through my email it says my subscription will be renewed automatically on whatever date mid summer.
    Was this low price down to the time of the year I initially subscribed and will my renewal price be the same as last year's or do you reckon I'll be charged the €180 as outlined in the prices for this year's version?

Is €180 for Season Plus the best price I'm gonna get or should I wait a little while longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Wait for a discount code, normally a 15% one will be posted up here closer to the start of the season.

infacteh wrote: »
    Wait for a discount code, normally a 15% one will be posted up here closer to the start of the season.

Yep. usually a code will be posted here or on the NFL UK forums.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Got auto renew email, €120 on auto renew rather than €144.

Anyone seen a better price than that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

adrian522 wrote: »
    Got auto renew email, €120 on auto renew rather than €144.

Anyone seen a better price than that?

ha! I got an auto renew email too, €179.99. They can go and jump!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Was that for season plus? Mine is just the regular season.

Your NFL GAME PASS SEASON SUBSCRIPTION is set to auto renew on 1 August 2015 and at that time, your account will be billed USD 129.99 and your access to NFL action will begin. Want to watch now? You can purchase NFL Game Pass today at NFL.com/gamepass and your access will begin immediately.

This is just for regular season. I don't think I will auto renew. Prob best to go with discounts and Argentina and end up getting it for around 115 dollars. Not much difference but sure better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Raoul wrote: »
    Your NFL GAME PASS SEASON SUBSCRIPTION is set to auto renew on 1 August 2015 and at that time, your account will be billed USD 129.99

Your NFL GAME PASS SEASON SUBSCRIPTION is set to auto renew on 1 August 2015 and at that time, your account will be billed EUR 144.99

:(

yeah so just untick autorenew and then move to Argentina and find a discount code :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I got the auto renewal too. For Season Plus Subscription, I'll be charged 3 installments of €49.99 (1 Aug, 1 Sept, 1 Oct).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I cancelled my auto renewal last year.

Might go for the instalment option, actually. Think I'll wait another bit and see if any discounts from the UK arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

is there a chromecast app on it at this stage or do you just play it through the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Yeah, I was offered auto renew for €179.99 (it was €144 last year) so that's that cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

is there a chromecast app on it at this stage or do you just play it through the laptop?

I just stream it from the app on my phone/ tablet. Works perfectly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

chromecast was working last season for it, although not always 100% reliable for me at least.

There's an app on Xbox one if people have one of those, I found that very good last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

wonder if they are going to release a ps4 app this season - or if the chromecast works fine then thats the way i will go :)

Advertisement