Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Okay at 6pm it all went perfectly. Went around the grounds as they say and they all loaded and the picture is very sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

My German DAZN account with a basic subcription is still letting me access DAZN Canada (via proxy) where the NFL games are part of the basic package and not a separate add-on.

If you know how to use proxies or have a VPN not blocked by DAZN I don't see any reason why an Irish DAZN account with the basic €9.99 / month subscription won't be able to do the same thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Looks like DAZN don't do picture in picture with redzone? Unless I'm just stupid which is possible.

It also won't play picture in picture while minimised on my phone which is infuriating.

On my iPad I can go Picture in Picture. The icon is on the top right of the screen. Don’t know about the phone and I don’t watch on my phone ever.

what’s your take on true picture quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Is the short highlights option (5mins) for games available on DAZN or are they just slow putting them up, I can’t see it.

Also do they have the 60min review of the whole Sunday.

Maybe I’m just not seeing them.

• Advertisement

the highlights are there for every game as far as I can see.

they did last season. No idea if they’ll do it this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

FYI, ran into issues yesterday, not sure if mentioned on the thread previously however..

Only allowed 5 registered devices, of which 2 can only be streaming at any one time..

Also it appears that the 2 streaming devices must be on the same network, i.e. similar IP addresses.

For me, I had the match streaming at home on a TV, and left it streaming while I went to the shops and was streaming it on my phone, when I left.

However, the stream crashed and when I attempted to reload the stream it warned me that too many devices were streaming and then would not reload the stream at all even after I had returned home.

After chatting to support, ended up having to close&reopen the app, restart the phone, and eventually uninstall and reinstall the app before it allowed me to stream again on my phone later that evening when I was home and on the same network as my TV.

Anyone else experience this? Didn't have any of these issues last few years with GamePass through NFL...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Also to confirm, no picture in picture on the phone, if you minimise the app it closes the stream unlike most other video streaming services (YouTube, Sky, etc..)

Thanks.

It seems that 20 minutes is the shortest highlights that you can watch for a game on DAZN. I thought game pass had a 6 or 7 min highlights for each game last year.

I'm not seeing the 60min overview highlight package that the game pass had for the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

The shorter highlight packages are still available on the NFL YouTube if DAZN isn't adding them. They go up fairly quick after games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams

I just watched the 5 minute version of the Cowboys game just there.

Oh did you, on DAZN? I’ll have to keep looking

Just looked seems to have been fixed.

still not seeing the 60min recap but they might be working on it

So it worked really well yesterday for me anyway. The nine streams all started on time and there was never a drop in picture quality over about ten hours when I was just waiting for something to go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Does a anyone know if they're committing to not getting rid of the adverts from full game replays?

It’s actually there now, took them ages to get it up compared to the game pass last year

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭dmakc

Novice on NFL streaming here. From Ireland but 2 years ago in Europe I managed to get Redzone in on a week pass (can't remember the title - Gamepass International maybe?)

Now I'm going to South America for three gameweeks shortly and will need something similar. Has the streaming landscape changed much? I see DAZN are in control as of this year and have two options for me;

Season Pro (full year) for E167

Season Pro (full year) for E42/m for four months.

I find it a bit weird how they can't offer me just one month or am I missing something? Is it possible to cancel after signing up before they take the month 2 instalment?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

For anyone on Dazn - how is it holding up for live games at Sunday 6pm/9:25pm?

The 5 minute highlights are there. There’s no 20 minutes highlights on DAZN. There’s the five minute ones, there’s the game in 40, and the full event. That’s it. That 60 minutes highlight is there also. The best touchdowns is new.

I’ve had zero issues. The dropping of video quality from the last few years isn’t a thing at least for me, and I’ve been waiting for things to screw up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I relented in the end and signed up, no issues so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

How have people found watching the NFL originals etc...? Seem to have the wrong names on the shows. For example watching Aaron Jones Origins and it's Devante Adams Origins that plays but still displays Aaron Jones as the name.

Have watched other programs where it's like they are ripped them straight from a TV broadcast and they just cut out the ads and haven't edited the clips together. So the screen just goes black for a few minutes during and ad break and the program restarts after.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless

What time do they normally put up the game in 40 for the late game?

Certainly won't be watching it before work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The correct answer to the above question is just after you post on boards.

So in week 11 DAZN are putting up ad free version of the game from this week. So they could’ve done it the past ten weeks but was clearly too lazy to do it before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

NFL are offering full year gamepass through their YouTube channel for next season at the low price of £8.99. Clearly a pricing error. Perhaps it won't be honoured but worth a shot anyways. See below.

Nothing to do with DAZN.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pricing-error-nfl-game-pass-ps899-for-the-whole-year-until-17th-feb-2025-4301216

Seems to be UK only.

Has anybody else’s subscription been ended? Have t really used it since the Super Bowl but I just tried to log in and it’s inviting me to pay again

I presumed the subscription would be good until early July or thereabouts but it seems it’s gone already and you have to pay extra for draft coverage etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

When did you sign up and what was the duration? I know DAZN have been selling GP on varying subscriptions, typically full GP annual subscription duration was from August 1st to July 31st but I have definitely seen DAZN selling GP on offer but expiring after the Super Bowl

• Advertisement

I signed up in Sept and paid around €40pm for four months. I didn’t look at the T’s & C’a to be honest but I just presumed it would roll on until mid summer like the old GP

I don’t use it much in the offseason. I was going to watch a bit of the draft this weekend but it seems my sub has ended

Advertisement