Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I didn’t but I might try that tomorrow if I don’t get confirmation soon thanks. One email should do it

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Finally got an agent on the chat that would delete my account, Gamepass and the Dazn one that gets automatically set up. Will sign up for free & see how it is. I still cannot cast onto my chromecast...unless that works no point for me.

Got confirmation of cancellation as well. I wonder is there any chance of a price drop as the season gets closer?

I used GamePass to watch all the Steelers games live and for the ‘game in 40’ the morning after late games. I will miss it but can’t justify the full price right now.

Not sure what to do now

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

I see they have rather option of paying over time on their site now. You can pay in instalments of 41.75

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

I keep getting DAZN is not available in your country. I am not on a VPN (although I do have NordVPN). I did have Gamepass last year and when I clicked that link, it took me to that page. Maybe it's for the best at those prices but I can't remember how much I paid last year.

OK. I got it now. Must have been a broken link in the NFL site. the €41.75 sounds ok but you'd be paying two installments of that after the season is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

4 monthly installments starting now means last payment is November.

What do you mean by still paying after the season is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

got caught for the full price in one go today despite multiple emails telling me that I’d have the same price and payment options. I was signing up anyway and would’ve paid this price over four months but a bit annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

If you're keeping it, let us know how it's working, when it hits Week 1 especially. If it's 100% working & casting I would pay for it no problem...right now it's the unknown...like that year of Gamepass that was a disaster!!

So am I one of the few then ? Well I just want to able to watch all eagles games and the documentaries.

• Advertisement

I would have been right there but need to see how it works with this new crowd. I've watched every Niner game since 2012 on Gamepass (full Irish/UK price)...but I can handle a couple of weeks of highlights to see how this Dazn thing is working out.

Yeah so have I with the eagles. Normally I’d have had the same type of stance but I HATED the last crowd and their shite picture quality and the app was bad on my iPad. Well the picture quality of the live nfl network feed has been very sharp and stable what I’ve been watching so far. Tonight will be a big test for how their in game quality is.

Well a report on how it went last night. The picture quality is very good and imo noticeable better than the last lot. It looks like we won’t get the ads or at least in the preseason and the mini highlights which is what DAZN call the game in 40 was up by around 6am as I was awake it appeared.

hopefully the ads are just a preseason thing which in fairness the local team broadcasts most of the time are just cameras shots of the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Just a reminder: Your annual NFL Game Pass subscription must renew on 2023-01-08.

Its renewal will be for Season Pro Annual.

On 2023-01-08, BRL 384.9 will be charged to your selected payment method.

Your subscription will automatically renew for another year. This happens automatically, and no further action is required on your part.

I got the above email a while back. I haven't clicked on the link yet and no money was taken as my old payment details are out of date. Does anyone know if I use a Brazilian VPN or if I have a relative in Brazil set this up, would I be able to watch the games in Ireland with or without a VPN to Brazil?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

The last few days payment for dazn kept getting refused saying I was in another country, so deleted all and resigned up, but went to pay in dazn app ended up paying 99 euros for dazn and gamepass instead of the 169 they wanted before that, it worked as I watched hall of fame game last night and total access

That’s good to know.

I see they have a rolling monthly option at €19.99 that you can cancel with 30 days notice as well

As the NFL season is only five months this could work for people that want to spread payments out (once you remember to cancel in late December/ January)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

There are two subs on DAZN. So DAZN is €99.99 for the year but NFL Gamepass is a serperate sub for €169.99.

I don't think the €99.99 will allow you watch NFL games. You get some kind of highlights from what I can see but it's probably the usual 10 minute ones you can get on YouTube and it says they will let you watch some pre-season games. Once the season kicks off you will need the full Gamepass. Well that's what I gather from it anyway.

Thanks, was thinking €99 was too good to be true

It’s not very clear on their website that it is a separate subscription when I looked and I couldn’t see anywhere to sign up for GamePass at €169 but will look again

Edit: see it here now, does look like the €99 sub will be no good for in-season games https://www.dazn.com/nfl-game-pass/?gclid=CjwKCAjw8symBhAqEiwAaTA__O3PSq0R0V4nVljXkjo88yiZSB2Tq0McvbPgvOrHATIsswLn8EBJXBoCbKEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

NFL+ is what the Americans will have. Seems to be the same as Gamepass but they will only have to pay $99.99 for the year.

Hard knocks episode 1 is on gamepass now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Watching Patriots/Texans on DAZN at the moment (no sub needed, it's free) and the quality is pretty decent, no skipping or buffering since the stream started. Although we'll have to wait and see how it deals with high traffic (ie: Redzone week 1)

It seems they aren't playing any of the local commercials, just a gamepass moving screensaver with images and music. Not that I'm too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

In my opinion Redzone is a very poor way to watch the game, you are not alone.

To understand it properly context is needed, build up, what went on before, the flow of the game.

Yeah I watched a bit of it the quality is good. The holding screen is now on games and the nfl network since yesterday which is really annoying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It’s not really, they can only stream games which aired on local television(ie prime time games and the Sunday afternoon games on their local CBS and Fox stations). And only on phones and tablets.

The real equivalent to GamePass in the US is the horribly expensive NFL Sunday Ticket, which carries all games except those being aired locally, and costs a cool $350 for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

So at the minute the only option is to stump up the €169?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Yes until some VPN or DNS provider can crack DAZN to offer some holidaying opportunities for a sane cost

I'm going with €10 Now Sky Sports subscription for the next 3 months, existing Peacock sub for live NBC Sunday night games, existing Turkish SSport sub which cover two Sunday evening games and hopefully Channel 5 have live Monday Night Football games again this season

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

The DAZN website & google searches only mention regular & post-season games. Are they showing the pre-season games?

Edit: wanted to delete this post but looks like I cannot. I just created an account without paying yet and am watching the Thursday night games. Dont know if live pre-season are free to watch live but looks like I have no choice but to pay anyway

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Pre season is free to watch. You can watch NFL Network and certain short clips without paying.

Hopefully when the Super Bowl comes round they’ll offer the €1 deal to watch, while I don’t like paying for something that’s available for free, it was only €1 and got you the full US network telecast. (Well almost full, it had a tendency to cut off a bit into the post game, but it was time for bed at that stage anyway)

So seeing as how I got caught for the full price despite being set up for instalments they emailed me and said sorry and that it was the other crowds fault and I can either go back to instalments and they’ll refund me the balance or stay as I am and get a free month on the whole DAZN app. Is the offering from DAZN good ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

I signed up for this and it works great on PC, Phone, Tablet, but when I sign in on the Fire Tv app and hit 'continue watching' nothing happens.

So the question is, has anyone got Dazn working on Fire Tv? Gamepass worked last season on Fire Tv, albeit low quality.

Advertisement