Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

GamePass is a better option, but (my boyfriend) only interested in RedZone. He gets the other games on youtube the following week.

So, for him its RedZone on DAZN or Sky Sports (just for RedZone - he's not interested in soccer or golf etc) on Now TV for the NFL season.

Which is cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Redzone is on Sky Sports Mix which is available without the Sport package, or at least it always has been up to now. It would be madness to pay full whack for sky sports just for a few hours of Redzone every week IMO

Sky Sport Mix is on the Sky Go App as well without the Sports package so even if you dont have a sky package you may have a friend who has it and will let you sign in for a few hours on Sunday evening. I find the App very good, works well on Xbox, Tablet or PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I mentioned this on the ITV thread if anyone is going Gamepass-less /Sky Sports-less this NFL season Channel 5 will at least have MNF games live again starting with Bill/Jets week 1

https://www.channel5.com/show/live-nfl-monday-night-football/season-2023/buffalo-bills-vs-new-york-jets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone have an issue with DAZN firestick and LG TV apps not working on fibre broadband but working when phone tethering off 4g mobile network? All I get on fibre is circle of death. Have Eir fibre broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

But equally you don't need a Sky sub for Now TV.

So you can get Sky Sports on Now TV for €15 a month (from Bargain Alerts fourm) and watch it on a smart tv, tablet, laptop, phone, PS, XBox etc.

So €15 from now till Feb is €90 if you just want the NFL season.

• Advertisement

This seems like great value (if you don't need the other stuff on GamePass).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless

Working fine for me on LG app, also have Eir broadband.

Are they really not going to strip out ads this year, went into one of the preseason games and it was over 4 hours long, there 10 mins of spinning DAZN logo at the very start of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Yes, that’s good value in fairness, and for anyone that follows other sports like soccer it’s a no brainer

Yeah, for that you get four live games a week, RedZone and all the other NFL related shows they have on Sky during the week.

Keep an eye on the Bargain Alerts fourm here on boards, you often see things like €10 for three months type offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 electricrover88

Ima stream that stuff lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,905 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ah with Now TV for the NFL games do you have to watch live or is there a catchup option?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Live, it's just Sky Sports but through IPTV rather than satellite.

But that being said Sky repeat and show highlights of their live weekend games multiple times during the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

This is the issue I have with NowTV, no pause/rewind or play from start, only live.

I can't always make it home for 6pm so with Gamepass being able to watch Redzone/Games from the start at lets say 7:45 or something is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Gamepass/Dazn is a necessity if you only want to watch one team live...for me that's niners. Watching NFL since 90's, I'll watch Redzone until Niners games kick off. Somehow I have Sky Sports without paying! And thankfully first 6pm game on Sky next week is Niners v Steelers, so I'll get to see how you guys get on with Dazn when it matters & everybody is logged on at once. If it holds up, I'll jump in & pay for it week 2 & get a new chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Has anyone tried sharing an account on the new Dazn app? Curious if I can at least split the cost in half that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

My main reason for DAZN is just the condensed games.

Just got the email from Gamepass/Dazn. All the major issues with it, seems to have been sorted, American ads, half time, etc. Full HD now and it works with the old 'normal' Chromecast. Definitely a positive that they've listened.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well I don’t know what chromecast I have but it works on that. American ads are back alright. I’m not sure about full HD but at least in the pre season games I saw there is a noticeable improvement in the quality. Still no change on the editing on ads off games from this season.

the Americas game chiefs episode was up fairly sharpish as the game in 40 have been. The big test is this weekend. We will see how much weight instead behind the claims.

I will say the stats functions they’d added are nicely done if they work fully during the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless

Do they strip out the ads when you are rewatching games?

No not yet. If they did that it might’ve been a very good start.

• Advertisement

I'm just looking at DAZN subs now. Is the top tier sub now 99.99?

I thought it was 169 last week (but maybe I'm dreaming).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

99.99 is for DAZN. 169.99 is for Gamepass.

They haven't made it easy. Could be easily catch a few people signing up for the 99.99 to find out they have no American football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corktitan

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

I had gamepass for years but getting more and more expensive.

Streaming now with my dodgy box much cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams

I watched the first half of the Chiefs Lions game last night. Buffered a few times, and the quality dropped regularly enough. Wouldn't instill confidence for Sunday night......🙄

6pm Sunday is key time. Fingers crossed for you guys it holds up...not like 6 or 7 years ago when it was awful & they gave us all refunds as it just didnt work all first half of the season. Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Coaches film has been added for the lions vs Chiefs from Thursdays night.

So DAZN have certainly solved the chance of we being able to see the games on sky due to a mix up like the last crowd did. The games on sky this week aren’t listed on the game list for week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I was watching NFL Network earlier on the free version of DAZN on my TV and it disconnected on me a couple of times, when it was working the streaming quality was excellent

• Advertisement

Didn’t disconnect me the few times I checked in but yes the streaming quality on the nfl network has been noticeably much better this year. The pre season games have been steady also but the big test is in a few minutes.

Advertisement