Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It was on the DAZN site when it was initially announced and Ireland wasn’t included, but I think I’ve seen it that Ireland is now lumped back in. I don’t know whether it will any better than the previous shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kev8360

ok thanks - actually looks like my auto renew is still active somehow. with the cost of the new season pass and the blackouts I think its time to hope off this subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I was emailed on the 30th confirming my former Brazil plan is now going to cost me about €100 extra for the Irish price of €166.99

Aside from the mental price and the stupid blackouts it's the laughable 720p quality that is the nail in coffin for me on the DAZN version Game Pass and of course I'm still unable to access cancellation option on my profile. What were the NFL thinking outsourcing their international streaming platform with huge growth potential to these low quality cowboys?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Raoul

720? Where did you see that? I honestly couldn't cope with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Are you using the help@dazn.com email address? . Getting no response from them.

They seem to be purposefully making it as difficult as possible to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I got an email saying my Brazilian sub would be renewed for 385BRL which is 73 euro or something. Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Mine says

"As a reminder your annual NFL Game Pass subscription is up for renewal on the 2023-01-08.

Your renewal will be for Season Pro Instalment.

On 2023-01-08, your chosen payment method will be charged EUR 41.75"

I assume that's x 4. August, September and October and November payment as before. Last year was BRL419.

Once again when I go in to change it it says sorry an error has occured.

I watched it with my own eyes on my TV with a replay of this year's superbowl it was definitely 720p, poor stuff for the year 2023 it's not 2009 anymore. Also no Chromecast support for Game Pass from DAZN which is another farce

Maybe not panic yet over the 720p NFL UK reddit users had confirmation from DAZN it would be 720p but now I can see another user only today stating they have confirmation from DAZN it will be 1080p, DAZN rep could BS'ing though..

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

I know this isn't a like for like comparison, obviously you have to watch the live games SKY show, but thought it was interesting none the less:

NFL Gamepass through DAZN = €166.99

Sky Sports for 6 months through NowTV + Boost (1080p/No ads on catch-up) = €162

If all you want is football then go with Gamepass obviously, but also having F1 and the golf (important in my household) then NowTV might be worth finding your team live somewhere else if Sky aren't showing them.

It's a good comparison to be fair. But the big draw for me is being able to watch the compressed games the next day.

• Advertisement

I received this email:

As a reminder your annual NFL Game Pass subscription is up for renewal on the 2023-01-08.

Your renewal will be for Season Pro Annual.

On 2023-01-08, your chosen payment method will be charged GBP 42.99.

Your subscription will be automatically renewed for another year. This happens automatically and you don't have to do anything else.

Once your NFL Game Pass subscription has renewed, you’ll be able to enjoy all the best content from NFL on the DAZN app.

That’s over 200 NFL 2023 games including the regular season games, Playoffs & Super Bowl LVIII, highlights, NFL RedZone, NFL Network, NFL original programmes, documentaries and more.

If you want to change your mind, you can sign in and head to My Account to update your subscription.

Otherwise, there’s nothing else to do. Just carry on following your team as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone know how to cancel an annual Gamepass subscription - all I can see is that my subscription is active without any obvious ability to cancel. I'm going to take my chances, cancel the autorenew on Gamepass and sign up to DAZN later as needs be in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,019 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

NFL Gamepass through DAZN = €166.99

I'm guessing in the absence of any other information that's going to be the price of the one and only package available.

I only watch RedZone, I think I paid e50 for it last season.

Unless there's a reasonable RedZone only package I'll be getting NowTV and one of the many discount codes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JohnGonne1

Are there any other options out there to get NFL other than DANZ/Gamespass/SkySports? I know that SSports+ has NFL Redzone + usually 1 game, CSport has 1 Sunday night football. Any other options out there to replace Gamepass/Sky Sports? even IPTV free links e.g. German ProSieben

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky

I had initially sent it to help@dazn.com on the 29th of June. I got a reply from dazncustomerservice@dazn.com on the 1st of July from someone who didn't read my email at all and just said my gamepass was still active. I got straight back to them reiterating my request to turn off auto renew and cancel my account. I got a reply last night, eight days after my initial email saying

Hello David ,

Thank you for contacting DAZN Customer Support

We will turn off the auto-renewal on your account. It can take up to 48 hours for this to be reflected on your account. We will contact you to confirm when this has been processed. You will still be able to access our Freemium content from the 1st August .

If you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

The DAZN Team 

Thanks. I had success with the customer service address as well, quick to respond initially but took 5 days or so to cancel sub and delete account.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

How did you check your account was actually deleted can I ask? Email sent just now, and I'll go into Gamepass and try deleting my account there now also.

When you try to login you should get an error message stating no account exists with these details.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jorge Jorgesson

I can't even get on to dazn without getting an 'this site can't be reached' [so and so] unexpectedly closed the connection'

The link on original email to turn off renew brings the same message.

Just remembered I paid by PayPal, so I just cancelled the auto-renew there.

Thanks guys. I emailed them, to cancel, then asked them to do it. They emailed back said auto renew was cancelled already. But not the account. Will keep an eye on it, and check the paypal also.

Edit: My paypal shows 2 Dazn active renewals. Stopped both now - all Gamepass references changed to Dazn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

I received this email from DAZN

"We understand that you have previously watched NFL Game Pass content in Ireland but you signed up to your account in United Kingdom. Unfortunately, DAZN does not support watching content in a different country to where you signed up and this may have meant you were unable to sign in.If you wish to use the service outside of United Kingdom please contact our team who can resolve this problem for you."

It maybe came from the fact that Ulster Bank was routed through Nat West. I got on to the chatbot on their site and eventually to a person . They were able to cancel the autorenewal and I will look at setting up a new account later.

If you go this route, I suggest asking for someone in their "NFL dedicated team"

It looks like I will have to do that too. Unfortunately, it means that I will lose out on the good price I had.

I finally got my subscription cancelled today. I went on their chatbot and then a number of emails from them where they appeared to be trying to deter me from cancelling and then after my 3rd email it was finally cancelled today.

From the bogus 'technical issue' accessing your subscription on the website, changing my Brazil plan to full price Irish plan and not cancelling the subscription after my explicit first email the cowboy reputation of DAZN looks justified to me

I have that email above saying UK, watching in Ireland, which in my case was true. I've just set up a new account so I can watch some training camp...but very doubtful if I'm paying for it...especially as I can't seem to cast it from my iPhone app via Chromecast - has anyone tried that & succeeded??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

What a ripoff. The NHL doesn't even cost that much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

I finally got mine cancelled today too. there was never an option to do it, contacted them, they played dumb, contacted them again and then it did show up in my account section. Will wait and see after week 1 what offers come out and the quality as I have not been impressed by DAZN so far or their sh!tty CS

Ya I contacted them last night. I could get into my account and click manage my subscription but there was no option there to cancel just a message saying "congratulations you have Season Pro". When I told them I couldn't turn it off they also played dumbed and said I can do it there. When I pushed that I couldn't they did it for me. I would not be surprised to still see them auto renew.

I'm actually disappointed to lose it because I really liked the game in 40 but I just can't justify the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I’m on my third email clearly instructing them to cancel my subscription and confirm same.

I keep getting wishy washy responses setting put the benefits of the service etc. and asking why I am cancelling, it’s like they are trying to wait me out. Absolute joke of an effort at customer service.

Did you try doing it through the online chat? It started with a bot and then redirected me to an agent. Had it sorted within about 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Just off with DAZN chat agent. Was living in Brazil when I signed up to NFL gamepass, now back in Paddyland and they can't honor the price I signed up at in Brazil and you must be in the same jurisdiction that you originally signed up in. My account has been cancelled by them tonight, so I'll sign up with a new account. Agent said all games will be streamed at 1080P but all other items are up in the air.

Advertisement