Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Looks like it yes. The app I mean. When you go in through the game pass app, they’re a banner that explains what is happening going forward, and you can click on the link and it takes you to the DAZN web page and the gamepass section and as current subscribers we can look around until August.The DAZN app isn’t that bad honestly.

No but German and Swiss subscribers look to be getting the option to pay in instalments like we could before which won’t be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Has anyone been able to see/find out about the sneaky Gamepass Autorenew? They usually have that disabled until sometime in July when you have to do it (change from auto to no). I presume with the move to Dazn that auto renew won't apply this year.

Received an email today from GP/Dazn regarding setting up account etc. Back in the day I would have originally paid in sterling as it was cheaper, and now because of that, I cannot watch Dazn GP in Ireland! Will probably have to re-register with new email & pay in Ireland to access 2023 season, which I'll leave until the last moment before the season starts anyway.

In this email right at the bottom in the usual T&C's bit, is the following;

Because Game Pass has moved to DAZN, your subscription is now subject to new Terms & Conditions. You can read them here. If you decide to opt out of these new Terms & Conditions and stop your Game Pass subscription for the 2023 season, you can do so here.

That's the only place I see where you can turn off the Auto Renew. Watch out for that if you're not thinking of auto renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless

I had the same issue but I hadn't realised my account was supposedly registered in the UK. I reset the password for DAZN but can't sign in because I'm not in the UK. I spoke to their chat support and they said they'll get back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Am I right in saying that if I want gamepass next season I'll also have to pay for a dazn account? When I went into sign up I was presented with 3 payment options.

As someone who has never used dazn before and doesn't currently have an account I'll need to to pay their fee on top of the gamepass fee? Or will gamepass be included with the dazn fee?

I would only be signing up for dazn for gamepass but I don't think I could bring myself to pay any extra than I have been the last few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I haven't delved in as far as you, but the email said nothing about paying for DAZN above and beyond the usual GP fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Oof that doesn't sound good for those who happen to be in Brazil when purchasing their gamepass subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Has anyone had any luck identifying a workable VPN for DAZN Brazil?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

No, not working with the two I have, and typically one or the other usually work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Had the same issue too, except I supposedly set up my account from South Africa, where I've never set foot. They said I may need to delete my account & re-register. A complete balls of a set-up over there if it's happeneing to multiple people. (And for clarification, I've never "taken a trip to Brazil or any other country" while buying my gamepass).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

I was fortunate as I was in Brazil or India, I can't remember which, when I signed up to game pass.

Just logged in to dazn and my account is showing that the auto renew for pro will be 166 on 1st August

My cc details were automatically transferred over to them too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I was in the same boat.

I've only ever signed up for the NFL RedZone package which was about €50 a season, got caught out with the auto-renewal last year.

So when I got the email about it being transferred to DANZ a few days ago I logged in straight away and saw that an auto-renewal for the full €199 was scheduled for August 1st.

I promptly cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Oddly when I go to holiday on Mexico or Brazil it says Dazn isn't available in that country but works absolutely fine to sign up when in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Same here, just tried to sign in and got "not available in your current location". Gamepass was bought in Ireland though without any VPN, not the greatest of first impressions

Anybody smarter than me know where to go to cancel my gamepass subscription if I can't access the DAZN website? 10 minutes with the dazn support has never prompted me to cancel a subscription quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Same issue here I have just moved home from Brazil, can’t log in to DAZN because it says it is only available in the country I registered in

I would like to cancel but I can’t even get past the login page to access the site

Apparently I purchased through the UK which is complete horseshit. Tried a vpn set to the UK and am getting the same message, gamepass are telling me the only way I can cancel is through DAZN, DAZN are telling me the only way around it is to cancel my sub and start again, but I cant access DAZN to do that. Some shitshow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

This is what I get when I try to go in and check my details and turn off auto renew. I've signed in fine but won't let me look at my account.

• Advertisement

I was onto Dazn again yesterday. Went through all the usual, paid for it in sterling etc. They wouldn't cancel my account for me, but said try in a few days, said they're working on a fix for all this so hopefully we'll be able to log in to at least cancel...not holding my breath though!! I can still access Gamepass app on iphone & watch stuff, see my account and there is a cancel button for the account...I haven't yet pressed it, will see what the outcome is in a few days from Dazn. I can't access Gamepass on a desktop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky

Just cancelled mine there. Made a new password, then tried to log in and it wouldn't let me because I'm home from my 10 year holiday in Brazil.

@phatkev @The_Honeybadger There is a link at the very bottom of the email that they sent on 26 Jun 2023, 14:45 (2 days ago) titled "NFL Game Pass has moved to DAZN"

If you decide to opt out of these new Terms & Conditions and stop your Game Pass subscription for the 2023 season, you can do so here. (The here is a link). That will bring you through to this page - https://cloud.in.dazn.com/NFL-GamePass-autorenewal-en

which says

Are you sure?

By opting out of the terms and conditions, you will not be billed by DAZN ahead of your auto-renewal and therefore will lose access to Season Pro ahead of the 2023 season. You won't be able to continue enjoying access of all your favourite NFL Game Pass content with live games plus Playoffs & Super Bowl LVIII, highlights, NFL RedZone, NFL Network, NFL Programs and more on DAZN.

If you're sure you want to lose access, confirm your email address below.

I was quite happy to pay $99 a year for it but will wait and see how the new systems works or doesn't work before committing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Thanks @davetherave ill try that I may end up signing up after but like yourself I want to see how it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Will the move to DAZN still mean that games being shown on Sky will be unavailable to watch on GamePass due to regional restrictions? I presume this will be a yes - one of the main reasons I cancelled my auto renew last year as some weeks there was slim pickings in the early kickoffs and I can't get into the constant game swapping on redzone. Its just not for me.

@davetherave I clicked that link earlier in the week (previous post) & tried to unsubscribe/delete my account. But when I was onto Dazn help to confirm it, my account is low & behold very much still active. You might want to do the same. Be good to know if yours is active or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I followed that link as well to cancel and was wondering if any action was actually taken. The transition so far doesn't inspire any confidence.

Did the chat team then cancel it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I logged into my Brazil transferred DAZN account/reset password no problem and I'm able to watch everything fine but I get this error message trying to access Subscription on my profile

"We're sorry, we're unable to load your plan details right now due to a technical issue. We're working on a fix right away.

If you need help now, chat with us here. Otherwise, please try again later."

No as per another post a few above, they said the can't/wouldn't do it for me! And to wait a few days when I/we should be able to log into the Dazn account properly & cancel it there ourselves. That's still not fixed/working as of this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky

I'm the same as Myate. I put my email address into the "opt out of the new t&c and don't autorenew with Dazn" form on the 28th, I sent them off an email as well on the 29th just to confirm that the account such and such an email address has been cancelled. Just got a message back from them with:

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting DAZN customer support. From what I can see, your Game Pass subscription is still active. Looking forward to your response and, if you have any other issues or doubts, in the meantime, we are always here to help! 

Kindest Regards,

Kevin– The DAZN Team

Like, seriously. I tried to opt out of the new T&C as per their email.

>Because Game Pass has moved to DAZN, your subscription is now subject to new Terms & Conditions. You can read them here. If you decide to opt out of these new Terms & Conditions and stop your Game Pass subscription for the 2023 season, you can do so here.

I can't log in to my account to cancel it from the account management. I sent them an email asking them to confirm it has been cancelled. I've now sent them another email explicitly instructing them to cancel.

Advertisement