Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League: Pre-Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

is the ACN on this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Formation wrote: »
    is the ACN on this season?

Yup. I don't know why though because it was on last season too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Ba played on the left sometimes, but he's still primarily a striker. Can't see them changing too much with 2 up front and Ben Arfa floating around behind them. They'd still have a fair bit of width coming from elsewhere in midfield and defence.

I'd still try keep Ba though. Carroll on loan might have a good season then head off elsewhere for money again, so I wouldn't want him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

BKC wrote: »

They're moving it to odd numbered years so it doesn't clash with the World Cup .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

As of 2013, the African Cup of Nations will be switched to being held in odd-numbered years so that it does not clash with the FIFA World Cup. It was scheduled to be hosted by Libya, however it was moved to South Africa instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Makes sense I suppose.

Surely the game will be up sometime during the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Makes sense I suppose.

nope. they are going to keep releasing the prices on twitter then will release game the day before the season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

There's 15 teams revealed (player prices from 15 different teams) so far. I'd imagine they get the full 20 and possibly release Wednesday or Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

RB100 wrote: »
    Makes sense I suppose.

nope. they are going to keep releasing the prices on twitter then will release game the day before the season starts.

It's to be up and running before the end of July, no actual date given but roughly between 7 to 14 days as of today. It would be lunacy to have the site only running the day before the season starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Fantasyfootballscout said it would be up and running early this week, hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Fook, if its up and running this week i will make a hundred changes and wreck my head, would prefer day before, van persie captain and autocomplete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

19478979.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

This is the only time of the year where I have any optimism towards the coming fantasy season.... By October, I'm usually out of it.

So for the next few weeks at least, BRING IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This is the only time of the year where I have any optimism towards the coming fantasy season.... By October, I'm usually out of it.

Haha. I`m exactly the same.

Every year I go into it with great hopes only for them to be snuffed out by Christmas.

It`s exactly like being a Liverpool fan actually. :(

. It would be lunacy to have the site only running the day before the season starts!

I was only messing. I would prefer if they done the site properly then launched it so we don't have the troubles of last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

This could be spookily in line with real life!!:eek:

Every year I go into it with great hopes only for them to be snuffed out by Christmas.

It`s exactly like being a Liverpool fan actually. :(
    slingerz wrote: »
    This could be spookily in line with real life!!:eek:
    Yeah, I actually think my FPL fortunes are very closely tied to the fortunes of LFC. If I'm disillusioned with us, I don't give a rats how Bale, Cisse and Grant Holt are doing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

This is off Fantasy premier league twitter
    Fantasy Premier League will be divided into four quarters with a VIP trip to watch your team on offer for each of the four winners.

I like that idea tbh .

^So a change to the prize structure?

I've heard there'll be a rule change as well. Any guesses? I'm hoping it's not rolling substitutions like the FIFA/UEFA games.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

This was on their twitter account...assume it kicks off on Saturday so.

FantasyPremierLeague ‏@FPL1213
    We launched the 2011/12 Fantasy Premier League website on 21st July last year. #FPL #takeahint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

wardie101 wrote: »

We launched the 2011/12 Fantasy Premier League website on 21st July last year. #FPL #takeahint

Was hoping for it a little sooner, but guess I can wait till then. Still gives us 4 weeks to tinker with our teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

wardie101 wrote: »

No it wasn't!

Official FPL announcements are released via the offical PL account, @premierleague. Their last tweet was;
    Details of the overall winner's prize will be revealed tomorrow along with news of a brand new in-game feature. #fpl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Game not open yet but link bit.ly/FPL-Players to price list of all players!

Let the games begin....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

They'd want to get better prizes this year. A VIP ticket to a match is **** for the amount of effort that goes into the thing over the course of a season.

They'd want to get better prizes this year. A VIP ticket to a match is **** for the amount of effort that goes into the thing over the course of a season.
    Think it's down to it different rules in different countries re tax on prizes, gambling laws etc etc. But I agree. Especially considering how much money the site must be making in advertising!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just a heads up. There'll be a Classic league and H2H league, as well as a private one by means of PM'ing me and I'll reply with the code. Lot of randoms, lurkers, non-boardsies, whatever you want to call them usually join going by past years so hopefully we can cut down on that, at least for one Classic and H2H league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm not sure what I think of the players/prices list. I was hoping there would be a few un-expected bargains of some sort but it all seems too correct for my liking. i.e..... Everyone seems to be priced properly which ruins the fun of it a little bit :( I'm sure bargains will pop up as soon as the season kicks off though.

As for the in-game feature..... nothing great at all. But that's a good thing because dramtic changes like rolling in subs like the Euro game could ruin the FPL game.

More ‪#FPL‬ news: a new in-game feature will allow you to post your confirmed team to Facebook and invite friends to ‘Rate My Team’.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So eh, the bonus points....

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    So eh, the bonus points....
    what about them?...they will actually be logical this season?. because they did get a bit out of hand in the second half of last season.

Advertisement