Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League: Pre-Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

manual_man wrote: »
    From what i could see on youtube clips, he spends most of his time on the right wing

What i also found out from research was that the reliable source that is the Daily Mirror broke this story... so i'll be holding on to my hat, just for now

Boy, can he dribble though

So even more rotation in United Midfield...and another winger:confused:
    Scholes will have to retire at some point Fergie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I have both Mata and Hazard in my team at the moment. No Utd wingers because of rotation, same as City strikers, even though Tevez looks good value at 9m.

Is Rooney worth 12m do you think?

Eathrin wrote: »

Even though he is costly I think just get him because I said the same thing last season and what happened? 2 hatricks in 3 games

RB100 wrote: »
    Even though he is costly I think just get him because I said the same thing last season and what happened? 2 hatricks in 3 games

I think I have money to spare anyway.
    I have Kagawa also but depending on his pre season I may ship him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Eathrin wrote: »
    I have both Mata and Hazard in my team at the moment. No Utd wingers because of rotation, same as City strikers, even though Tevez looks good value at 9m.

Valencia won't be rotated too much after his performances last season(named as our player of the year). Rooney is worth the 12m, but I'm going with Torres at the start.

As for names, I've went with Sungs of Praise, dedicated to QPR's new star.

• Advertisement

Owen_S wrote: »
    Valencia won't be rotated too much after his performances last season(named as our player of the year). Rooney is worth the 12m, but I'm going with Torres at the start.

As for names, I've went with Sungs of Praise, dedicated to QPR's new star.

Think Park is worth it at 6m.
    I have Pilkington at that price at the moment and I think he represents good value.

It could be a different story if we got Moura.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Jeez the United winger situation is going to be ridiculous if he signs

far too much risk of rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

DazzlerIE wrote: »

Well, i believe he's playing in the Olympics, so mightn't be that bad for the first few games.

DazzlerIE wrote: »

I mean does Ferguson not think about fantasy football when he signs players!? it's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RB100 wrote: »
    I mean does Ferguson not think about fantasy football when he signs players!? it's ridiculous!

If only you knew who was in SAF's fantasy team each week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Jon Walters scores Stoke's only goal in today's friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

if anyones interested in stoke defenders.......

Begovic, Wilson, Shawcross, Huth, Ness was the starting back 4 but switched to Sorensen, Wilkinson, Higginbotham, Upson, Delap in the second half

pretty crap game, but Walters scored as per usual and stoke lost 2-1!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

please god just let this thing start

villa and spurs games are on soon......tom hanks is at portland to watch the mighty villa!

villa:
    Guzan, Lowton, Collins, Clark, Warnock, Ireland, El Ahmadi, Bannan, Holman, Weimann, Delfouneso

spurs:
    Cudicini; Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Bassong; Livermore, Sigurdsson; Townsend, van der Vaart, Bale; Defoe.

Bale scored a fantastic looping header off a good in-swinging ball from Sigurdsson but LA scored a great team goalthemselves. Sarvas with a deft diagonal chip through to DeLaGarza who squares to a wide open Lopes behind the defense 1-1 Bale wears no9 now :eek:

btw VDV pulled a hammy in the 1st half and walker damaged his ankle in the 2nd lets hope there not series.........

in the villa match Bannans cracking strike was brilliantly tipped over by Troy Perkins. from the resulting inswinging Bannan corner, Ciaran Clark is left unmarked at the far post to score with a simple header. timber equalised (i missed it but saw Timber Joey cut a giant log with a chainsaw) 1-1
    2-2 villa scored first, lawton taps in from a corner. Timber equalises with a strike from the edge of the area, with the aid of a massive deflection (dunno who scored...some black guy)

villa are mad for the quick passing game but they where actually decent enough at it but have no end product when it matters....the squads has to many average young players!

two good game tho...

timbers bizarre club celebration (i know wrong match but you get the idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Did Sigurdson play in the attacking midfield role.

Did Sigurdson play in the attacking midfield role.

Looks like VDV was behind Defoe, so Sigurdson was playing in a central midfield role, with Townsend the defensive midfielder and himself the attacking. But It doesn't look like he played in behind the striker...... not when VDV was on the pitch anyway.

I'm contemplating getting a big player from Spurs. They kind of slipped my mind when picking my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Does anyone think that Stephen Henderson will start in goal for West Ham ahead of Jussi?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gareth Bale has had his ears pinned back too. Will make him even faster :pac:

gareth+bale+ears.jpg

Chelsea have signed Oscar. Frankie Lamps is on his way, i think

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Chelsea have signed Oscar. Frankie Lamps is on his way, i think
    he has a year left on his contract and he said he'd be interested in a move to MLS. might happen sooner then he thinks now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Premier League ‏@premierleague
    New players added to Fantasy Premier League: MID Oscar (CHE) £8.5m, MID Michu (SWA) £6.5m & MID Yacob (WBA) £5.0m http://bit.ly/FantasyPL #fpl

I know a few people were after Michu.

JT and Frank Lampard both on the mark for the 2 Chelsea goals in their game today. Charlie Adam scored for Liverpool in theirs. And ne man Jonathan De Guzman was Swansea's only scorer in their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Simple question:

Michu or Pienaar (assuming he moves to Everton)?

I can think of 1 con for each:
    Michu: new to PL, might take him a while to settle in.
    Pienaar: Everton always seem to get off to a slow start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Throwing this in for anyone undecided on picking Mata and/or Hazard....

Juan Mata: Set up a chance for a teammate every 24.8 minutes on average this season - more often than any other PL player who made 15+ apps -- WhoScored.com (@WhoScored)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Watching Arsenal v. City. Few things of note so far:

City are playing 3-4-1-2. Yaya Toure is in behind Tevez and Augero. Also, wingbacks Zabaleta and Kolarov getting forward a fair bit (although they do that in a 4 man defence anyway).

Zabaleta has scored for City, Toure with the assist. Who knows if City will play this formation week in week out, but it makes their full-backs a bit more alluring for us.

Walcott and Jenkinson the stand-out Arsenal players so far.

Also, Yaya Toure just scored for Man City. Keeping him so! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

City are playing 3-4-1-2. Yaya Toure is in behind Tevez and Augero. Also, wingbacks Zabaleta and Kolarov getting forward a fair bit (although they do that in a 4 man defence anyway).

Zabaleta has scored for City, Toure with the assist. Who knows if City will play this formation week in week out, but it makes their full-backs a bit more alluring for us.

Jenkinson has been at direct fault for both City goals...he was caught way out of position both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Jenkinson has been at direct fault for both City goals...he was caught way out of position both times.

His positioning was an important factor in the second goal, which came about as I was writing that post. I wouldn't say he was directly at fault for both goals.

Besides getting caught out of position a couple of times in the first half he's made a few important challenges and looks good going forward.

i have to say Song's passing has been a delight to watch. a few delightful defense-splitting passes, just no rvp to finish them off :pac: Yaya seems to be taking up a centre forward position half the time, definitely re-considering him now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd imagine Silva would play in the hole though if/when he's fit and available, rather than Yaya.

Advertisement