Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

Well I just checked again to be sure and my acceptance is still listed there :), I saved a copy of the page in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Well I just checked again to be sure and my acceptance is still listed there :), I saved a copy of the page in case.

Then your all good, once you see that - tis grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

Once you can see it when you logon to the CAO at the top under "Acceptances" - if you see your course there, your grand, if not.. then somethings up :D

I have this alright

Current Acceptance: (stored on the CAO computer)
    Course
    List Title Date Accepted DC202 Level 8 Sport Science and Health 05-JUL-2012
    Your acceptance of DC202 has been updated accordingly.

Took a screenshot of the whole page just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

I didn't get anything at all either guys - maybe not everyone will get one. My acceptance is there tho.... Screenshot all the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

im guessing they will update that page after the 12th deadline and you would probably be able to print off the acceptance then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

muffinn wrote: »
    The thing is I actually didn't receive any email after accepting my offer...hmmm wierd
    I accepted mine VIA online aswell, i got a text, an email, and a post confirmation.

Strange you got none.

I'm all nervous now, never got anything from them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

I'm all nervous now, never got anything from them myself.

I haven't received a thing myself,email txt or letter.
    I've accepted on the CAO website and it has:
    Current Acceptance: (stored on the CAO computer)
    Course List Title Date Accepted DC121 Level 8 CA 05-JUL-2012
    Your acceptance of DC121 has been updated accordingly.

Maybe I should ring up CAO and also print out the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

Print screen done- thanks for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Azures wrote: »
    Print screen done- thanks for the advice!

Just did the same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

Quick update on the situation.

This is an email I have received today from CAO, looks like we are fine after all

"An acceptance is recorded for you and you will get
    confirmation in the post within three working days
    after the reply date of the 12th."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I accepted my course today and recieved confirmation of my acceptance via email and text straight away.

Getting a bit nervous now!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Is it ok for me to accept my offer but then make my decision when registration comes around as i am not sure still whether to do this course or do a second year in a PLC and then choice the course in year two via the NEFHEA.

By the way i did my leaving last year and deferred the course the course for one year.

Thanks

manutd wrote: »
    Is it ok for me to accept my offer but then make my decision when registration comes around as i am not sure still whether to do this course or do a second year in a PLC and then choice the course in year two via the NEFHEA.

By the way i did my leaving last year and deferred the course the course for one year.

Thanks

If you deferred once already, deferring a second time would not be an option.

RE: Accepting the course , even if you don't turn up: although i wouldn't see a major issue with it, I wouldn't advise it, it stops others from getting there first choice and or getting a place on the course, you'd be wasting there time aswell, so wouldn't go down well if you where to apply again in the near future.

Have a think about it , before you do, in either case. :)

If you deferred once already, deferring a second time would not be an option.

RE: Accepting the course , even if you don't turn up: although i wouldn't see a major issue with it, I wouldn't advise it, it stops others from getting there first choice and or getting a place on the course, you'd be wasting there time aswell, so wouldn't go down well if you where to apply again in the near future.

Have a think about it , before you do, in either case. :)

Thanks, it's just the 12 July, i knew i had to choose around this time last year. I think i do the second year in Cavan. I can go into second year that that course they, by applying via DKIT.

Thanks.

Thanks, it's just the 12 July, i knew i had to choose around this time last year. I think i do the second year in Cavan. I can go into second year that that course they, by applying via DKIT.

Thanks.

I hear you! - Infact, similar situation myself, done two years at FETAC level, and applied last year to DIT, got accepted, differed it, and applied again this year, accepted it not too long ago myself.

you mentioned cavan? - This wouldn't happen to be Cavan Institute , would it? ;)

I hear you! - Infact, similar situation myself, done two years at FETAC level, and applied last year to DIT, got accepted, differed it, and applied again this year, accepted it not too long ago myself.

you mentioned cavan? - This wouldn't happen to be Cavan Institute , would it? ;)

yes it is, i contactedthe cao and their answer was unready, i just find them vary hard to deal with. their handbook don't answer every question, you ask them a question you get 8 lines back, were a yes/no answer is all i want.

yes it is, i contactedthe cao and their answer was unready, i just find them vary hard to deal with. their handbook don't answer every question, you ask them a question you get 8 lines back, were a yes/no answer is all i want.

Indeed.

I spent two years in Cavan, studying "Computer & Network Maintenance " - what course did you do?

Indeed.

I spent two years in Cavan, studying "Computer & Network Maintenance " - what course did you do?

The same course, after doing 1st year. Found it vary inserting. The tutor's were great and very helpful.

What are you doing now.

The same course, after doing 1st year. Found it vary inserting. The tutor's were great and very helpful.

What are you doing now.

No way - ha :)

Yeah <tutors> very helpfull.

I Work for Hewlett-Packard at the moment - leaving soon though, going back to college

i think i had a few guys from your course contacting me looking for there work experience here, but i couldn't help them out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 igwe

Hiya please i need information on grant, i just got an offer but am afraid i might not get grant because i have been living in ireland since july 2010. when i checked the grant information they said i have to be living in ireland in the three of the previous five years. i wanted to know if the year count is 2010 2011 2012 or they count by the months. thanks

• Advertisement

igwe wrote: »
    Hiya please i need information on grant, i just got an offer but am afraid i might not get grant because i have been living in ireland since july 2010. when i checked the grant information they said i have to be living in ireland in the three of the previous five years. i wanted to know if the year count is 2010 2011 2012 or they count by the months. thanks

If I where a betting man, I'd say they go by months.

If I where a betting man, I'd say they go by months.

At current i dont work and i am under job seekers will i be asked to pay the Student Contribution 2012/13 which is 2000euro. if so what will i do, i am panicking and confused.

At current i dont work and i am under job seekers will i be asked to pay the Student Contribution 2012/13 which is 2000euro. if so what will i do, i am panicking and confused.

All students are required to pay a Student Contribution Charge of €2,250 - so yes, that means , unless you get the grant, you would have to pay.

Best thing to do is Ring SUSI: Phone: 0761 08 7874 - and they will be able to help you RE: grant application.

All students are required to pay a Student Contribution Charge of €2,250 - so yes, that means , unless you get the grant, you would have to pay.

Best thing to do is Ring SUSI: Phone: 0761 08 7874 - and they will be able to help you RE: grant application.

what if i am not able to pay, what will happen to my offer? will i be able to get another offer next year? will i be able to apply for grant next year?

what if i am not able to pay, what will happen to my offer? will i be able to get another offer next year? will i be able to apply for grant next year?

To bottom line it: If you don't pay it, you don't get in.

BUT, im sure the college can provide assistance if need be, however, don't take my word for it.

as i said, call SUSI, that way it will eliminate your questions about the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Hi igwe - Check these 2 websites out - they are very helpful and up to date.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/fees.html

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html

If in doubt - as RobertHopkins suggested, do ring SUSI - they're helpline is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I felt a little sick last night when I realised the deadline for accepting offers had passed. I closed a door and bolted it firmly and even though I know it is the right decision for me at the moment (well I hope and pray it is :o) it still felt a bit hard in the stomach that it was done, no going back.

Congrats to all of you who got and accepted what you wanted, and to those of you who didn't please remember it isn't the end. There are many more ways to get where you want to get

hdowney wrote: »
    I felt a little sick last night when I realised the deadline for accepting offers had passed. I closed a door and bolted it firmly and even though I know it is the right decision for me at the moment (well I hope and pray it is :o) it still felt a bit hard in the stomach that it was done, no going back.

Congrats to all of you who got and accepted what you wanted, and to those of you who didn't please remember it isn't the end. There are many more ways to get where you want to get

+ 1 to that. :D

Congrats to all - and as was said, it isn't the end for those who did not get an offer.

scoob70 wrote: »

Thanks for the site, if i dont get it i will have to get a loan from AIB bank carlow, that is my last hope because i really dont want to stay at home for 1 year.

• Advertisement

Ok need a little advice, if i am not able to get grant for these year and i got an offer i wont be able to pay any fees. what can i do? can i reapply with CAO next year? if i apply for grant next year will i get it becos i will be 3 years in the country then? will the college accept me next year? please i need advice

Advertisement