Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

:( Don't worry man theirs another round of offers in august, you could still get what you want yet, keep the head up! sher even if you don't get in this year look at doing a few access courses or Fas course that are computer related to keep you occupied till you can apply again, definatly consider doing something like this because it greatly improved my application and impressed the the two interviewers that i had to meet earlier this year, especially if its related to the course you wanna do!

Cheers, I was sorta dissapointed when I seen that. :( But ya thats a good idea to do a computer course until next year. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

scoob70 wrote: »
    I'm going into Science too - soooo excited. Well done Cocolola.

It's what I've wanted to do for the last 8 years!
    Me too!! Arts in NUIG:) knew I was going all along but just so exited now..roll on September!!

I know this is super exciting! I have no idea how I'm going to afford it but I'll be damned if I let that stop me!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bluegrass

Ah cool.

I feel your pain, I'm absolutely gutted too.

Fingers crossed for August, but not expecting too much.
    Access course this year, go for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ireland21

Got my first choice of Social Work in UCC. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Cocolola wrote: »

Tell me about it - thought I was guna be stuck in admin and retail jobs for the rest of my life but now I have a chance to change direction in my career to something that I'm really passionate about :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

Tell me about it - thought I was guna be stuck in admin and retail jobs for the rest of my life but now I have a chance to change direction in my career to something that I'm really passionate about :D.

Hi totally agree. I have been stuck in construction for the last 17 years. Did one year on a VTOS course and am now going to TCD to do a degree in history and political science 2 subjects I have a major passion for. Anyone who was unlucky in this roundof offers please hold on in there because if I can get in you sure as hell will too.

best of luck man :)

Did you get your first choice?

Bluegrass wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I'm absolutely gutted too.

Fingers crossed for August, but not expecting too much.
    Access course this year, go for it :)

Ya, it a cnut, but thats life. Im not expecting anything either in august either. Access course sounds like a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

sean1976 wrote: »
    Strange. So it seems that nobody got the offers in the post?! Anyone that did can ya let us know, so we can see if it was a nationwide glitch.

Also congrats to everyone who got what they wanted :D

I am not sure what I feel, I don't know if I want it :(:rolleyes:

Hi what course did you get and why are you not to sure about it[/QUOTE]

Culinary Arts in Tallaght. Deferred from last year. I am not sure I want to go through with the two years here. I think I want to leave the country. I have had a pretty shítty few years, and home and everything is just so urgh and I just want to get away from it all :(

i know you shouldnt have to check the website to check offers i suppose you can only blame anpost for that, i did recieve an offer in the post but it from Lyit my level 7 choice, however my offer for my level 8 selection was not in the post but on the cao website so ill probably get it in the post tomorrow i guess

I always thought the level 7 and level 8 offers came in the same envelope, so that is weird. I wonder what happened this year that everything fckd up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

I know this is super exciting! I have no idea how I'm going to afford it but I'll be damned if I let that stop me!

For me the biggest thing is to do something that I'm genuinely going to love doing. Feeling really motivated at the moment, bring on September!:D

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    sean1976 wrote: »
    Strange. So it seems that nobody got the offers in the post?! Anyone that did can ya let us know, so we can see if it was a nationwide glitch.

Also congrats to everyone who got what they wanted :D

I am not sure what I feel, I don't know if I want it :(:rolleyes:

Hi what course did you get and why are you not to sure about it

Culinary Arts in Tallaght. Deferred from last year. I am not sure I want to go through with the two years here. I think I want to leave the country. I have had a pretty shítty few years, and home and everything is just so urgh and I just want to get away from it all :(

i know you shouldnt have to check the website to check offers i suppose you can only blame anpost for that, i did recieve an offer in the post but it from Lyit my level 7 choice, however my offer for my level 8 selection was not in the post but on the cao website so ill probably get it in the post tomorrow i guess

I always thought the level 7 and level 8 offers came in the same envelope, so that is weird. I wonder what happened this year that everything fckd up[/Quote]

Lmao it's called centralisation, stream line and efficient my arse, perfect example the medical card disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Did you get your first choice?
    yeah i did, i got occupation health and safety very happy :)

[QUOTE=I always thought the level 7 and level 8 offers came in the same envelope, so that is weird. I wonder what happened this year that everything fckd up[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=HDOWNEYThey were two different institues i applied to, the letter that i got this morning was from LYIT and was in an envelope marked LYIT on the outside that was a level 7, the other insititue was SLIGO IT this was a level 8 and was on the cao website, i wouldnt imagine these would come in the same envelope marked with LYIT on the outside? Maybe if they were both from the same insitute you would receive both offers in the same envelope?

[QUOTE=SEAN1976Lmao it's called centralisation, stream line and efficient my arse, perfect example the medical card disaster.[/QUOTE]

My guess is the lack of postal offers is due to anpost? like how did i recieve an letter from letterkenny IT quicker then sligo IT when im 40mins from sligo and nearly 2 and half from letterkenny? I dont know but i sure am greatful for the website because id be pretty disappointed otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yeah i did, i got occupation health and safety very happy :)

I always thought the level 7 and level 8 offers came in the same envelope, so that is weird. I wonder what happened this year that everything fckd up
    They were two different institues i applied to, the letter that i got this morning was from LYIT and was in an envelope marked LYIT on the outside that was a level 7, the other insititue was SLIGO IT this was a level 8 and was on the cao website, i wouldnt imagine these would come in the same envelope marked with LYIT on the outside? Maybe if they were both from the same insitute you would receive both offers in the same envelope?

I always thought the level 7 and level 8 offers came in the same envelope, so that is weird. I wonder what happened this year that everything fckd up[/Quote]

Lmao it's called centralisation, stream line and efficient my arse, perfect example the medical card disaster.[/QUOTE]

My guess is the lack of postal offers is due to anpost? like how did i recieve an letter from letterkenny IT quicker then sligo IT when im 40mins from sligo and nearly 2 and half from letterkenny? I dont know but i sure am greatful for the website because id be pretty disappointed otherwise[/QUOTE]

Ah I thought you meant your CAO offer came, but only had the level 7 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I'm going into Science too - soooo excited. Well done Cocolola.

Many Congratulations to all who got their CAO choices today especially the Scientists!! I'm two years down the road for a lvl 8 Science degree as a mature so I can tell you it will be hard, fun and rewarding. Even though some of your friends and family will raise their eyebrows when you start to do the science explanation for everything :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

hdowney wrote: »
    They were two different institues i applied to, the letter that i got this morning was from LYIT and was in an envelope marked LYIT on the outside that was a level 7, the other insititue was SLIGO IT this was a level 8 and was on the cao website, i wouldnt imagine these would come in the same envelope marked with LYIT on the outside? Maybe if they were both from the same insitute you would receive both offers in the same envelope?

Ah I thought you meant your CAO offer came, but only had the level 7 on it.

ah i see where the confusion was now, yeah the offer i recieved in the post was from LYIT was a level 7,
    But the offer on the cao website was from SLIGO IT a different institue and was lvl 8 and wasnt in the post this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Got my deferred place offer today! Nice to see and know come september I'll be able to get stuck in!

Now just to see if my grant application is going to be a sucess! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Got my LVL8 first choice! Wexford here I come!

http://www.itcarlow.ie/study-at-itc/wexford-courses-r/wexford-courses/cw068.htm

YEEEOOOWWWWWW!!!!! :D

Really thankful of how helpful and supportive my brother has been during the application processes!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

Anyone joining me in NUIG?! So excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Bluegrass wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words all, Access course in October it is, here's to preparing myself more and trying again next year :)

Well done to those getting the choices you wanted :)
    Ya, it a cnut, but thats life. Im not expecting anything either in august either. Access course sounds like a plan.

Just to say (I've probably promoted them so much on this forum), access courses are great and third level institutions look on applicants who completed them favourably.

I was in the exact same position as you guys the first year I applied so I understand how disheartening it is. I'm now about to go into final year of a course myself (shamefully) and others thought I wouldn't be able for! :eek:

Never give up on your dreams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

Larianne wrote: »
    Just to say (I've probably promoted them so much on this forum), access courses are great and third level institutions look on applicants who completed them favourably.

I was in the exact same position as you guys the first year I applied so I understand how disheartening it is. I'm now about to go into final year of a course myself (shamefully) and others thought I wouldn't be able for! :eek:

Access courses are the way to go. I did a Fetac Level 5 last year to gain access to quantity surveying, wouldn't have had a chance otherwise.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »

Access courses are the way to go. I did a Fetac Level 5 last year to gain access to quantity surveying, wouldn't have had a chance otherwise.

I totally agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

logged into CAO and was offered my first choice, the college haven't contacted me yet... is that normal?

Best of luck to everyone who got their first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

I agree with whats been said on this thread about not giving up. Only got one offer last year from Letterkenny (it was last on my list of choices lol) and didn't take it because it was just too far to move. This year I re applied after taking an access course and got my 1st choice! KEEP TRYING

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Got my First choice DT211 (DIT - Computing Level 8 Hons) - although i kinda new id be getting it seen as it was a deferral! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Got my CAO letter this morning :D. Makes it pretty clear on the documentation that if you have accepted online then do not return the slip/slips aswell. Do one or the other. ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Just echoing what other posters have said. If you did get a knockback from a college don't take it personally. It is always possible to strengthen your application for next year. An Access or FETAC course can really make a difference, not only to your application but in how prepared you are for the reality of college life and work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lostbooks

Azures wrote: »
    Anyone joining me in NUIG?! So excited!

See you there Azures.

Just had my offer letter dropped into me at work, there is something quite satisfying about seeing it there on paper in black and white even though I viscerally know I have accepted the offer already online.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

I can definitely recommend taking a FETAC course in perperation for a return to college. I did Business Admin last year and it has given me great confidence in my personal ability and I've gained skills that will see my through my degree and back into the workforce. Not only that the VEC helped us with our CAO applications and personal statements and we attended courses on mature student interviews. But for it I'm not sure I'd have secured my first choice.

Don't waste the year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 igwe

Is it this week the CAO makes its first offers to mature students?:D
    today the 6th is the 1st round of CAO offer, i got mine today 1st choice

Advertisement