Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers

Options
  • 02-07-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Is it this week the CAO makes its first offers to mature students?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Yeah I think its this Wednesday 4th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

eug87 wrote: »
    Yeah I think its this Wednesday 4th of July.

Ahh cool, thanks for yr reply eug87. Saves me checking the site every 5 mins - lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

I even know its the 4th and I keep checkin anyway :) Hee hee!!

Actually I'II check again just to be sure what date it is:D.

What did yea's apply for?
    I have DC121 CA mature student.I've already got offered a place so better be there on Wednesday:P

Same as - got my offer Thursday for DT341 but it doesn't count til I accept the offer!! Roll on Wednesday....

I might practise my student abilities and go on the tear.. :D Hee hee!!

• Advertisement

ghpeople wrote: »
    Same as - got my offer Thursday for DT341 but it doesn't count til I accept the offer!! Roll on Wednesday....

I might practise my student abilities and go on the tear.. :D Hee hee!!

Yeah better start lining the stomach for freshers week:)

DT341 Marketing Looks good especially in the 3rd year with a chance to study around Europe or North America.
    Had DIT for my Second choice.

Also do you receive a offer from CAO online and by post(Letter).?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Actually I'II check again just to be sure what date it is:D.

What did yea's apply for?
    I have DC121 CA mature student.I've already got offered a place so better be there on Wednesday:P

Got offered a place on a science course - well excited. Just waiting for it to be official through the CAO :).

Yeah better start lining the stomach for freshers week:)

DT341 Marketing Looks good especially in the 3rd year with a chance to study around Europe or North America.
    Had DIT for my Second choice.

Also do you receive a offer from CAO online and by post(Letter).?

I got my offer directly from DIT - just an email. They must have sent a lot of offers out last week as I got my 2nd choice offer earlier in the week.

Yeah, I love the look of the course; 3rd year looks amazing but getting through the first semester is biggest hurdle! What if nobody wants to have lunch with me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I am getting so nervous waiting to see if i get an offer :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lostbooks

I have been under the impression that offers would be posted on Wednesday the 4th, received on the 5th and also go live on the website on the 5th. I can’t seem to find where I got those dates from though so don’t hold me to them.

I have had a calendar by my desk which I have been crossing off the dates on for about three weeks and I have been driving friends and family insane with my steady count down of days. My girlfriend is sick to the back teeth with it and I don’t think she will talk to me after I mentioned that it was ‘60 hours and thirteen minutes, approximately’ last night when we were chatting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah I think lostbooks is right, the offers will go on the website on Thursday at 6:00. I found this yesterday on the cao site.
    Round A:
    Offer Date: 5th July, 2012 from 06:00
    Reply Date: 12th July, 2012 by 17:15

In early July a small number of offers of places may be issued to applicants such as:
    deferred applicants
    mature applicants
    mature nursing/midwifery code applicants
    those who need to make visa arrangements before taking a place

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bluegrass

gonna be the longest wait eveeeeerrr :o

15 hours to go! I might just go to bed now :D
    +24 hours!! argh

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

Noo I thought it would be tomorrow that we would get it..Now I have to wait til thursday ughhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Good Luck to everybody tomorrow and thursday, please god we all get the course/s/ we want!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

On the letter I received from DCU it said that the offer will be made on the 4th of July.

It better be cause I refused to attend any more interviews as the course in DCU was my first choice on the CAO list :eek:

I am so nervous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

Nothing in the mail today. I've been trying to get through to the CAO offices to confirm either today or tomorrow as offer day but they're lines are busy as hell. Hope to Fcuk that its tomorrow!:confused:

I know, right ? Been trying to ring them for like half an hour and the line was busy all the time.

did your post arrive?
    *their

jimmymal wrote: »
    Nothing in the mail today. I've been trying to get through to the CAO offices to confirm either today or tomorrow as offer day but they're lines are busy as hell. Hope to Fcuk that its tomorrow!:confused:

Same here Jimmy nothing yet?
    I got a letter from DCU in May telling me the 4th of July was when Offers will be accepted from them online via CAO.

• Advertisement

jimmymal wrote: »
    did your post arrive?
    *their

Nothing in the post either.

Did you ring up DCU muffinn?
    I think its not till 2mor morning that the offers will be published,that's what DCU said.Still a bit confused when there letter says the 4th of July??

yeah its got to be tmw like lostbooks says. otherwise im sure we'd be hearing about someone getting their offer and/or we would be able to access some sort of let down/consoling page in our "my application" pages.

still if anybody gets through to them please post relevant info here asap.

Yeah it says the 4th of July on my letter as well.

Oh well, I guess if the offers are not up by now it must be tomorrow then.

i might take a gander down to the offices now in a short while to see for sure seeing as i've to head to that side of the city anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

offers being made on the 4th means that they are posted out and you'll get em the next day afaik, plus they dont put up the offers on the website till 6am tonight (thursday morning) i suppose that is so everyone recieves them at around the same time so i think they earliest you can see if you got your offer is to wait till 6am and check the website :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I walked down the stairs this morning all bleary eyed. The post was on the ground and was convinced i seen the CAO logo. It turned out to be an ESB bill. Such a come down :pac:

Yeah it looks like they will be sent in the post today and recieved tomorrow or the day after.

Independence Day me eye!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

8 hours to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 lostbooks

And here I will show why my girlfriend no longer talks to me...

8 hours or

480 minutes or

28823 seconds or

approximately 28 million milliseconds.

Will someone please put me out of my misery.

Advertisement