Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

Congrats!! igwe

It's a super feeling ... Roll on September!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Got mine today aswell, So I currently am offered places in first and second year of my second choice and first year of my first choice.

Doing exams to get in to second year of my first choice at the moment, won't know results for another month the waiting is killing me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

eire-kp wrote: »
    Got mine today aswell, So I currently am offered places in first and second year of my second choice and first year of my first choice.

Doing exams to get in to second year of my first choice at the moment, won't know results for another month the waiting is killing me:(

Hang on in there eire... Either way you're progressing ... Fingers crossed you get the desired results.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭antkeane

I can definitely recommend taking a FETAC course in perperation for a return to college. I did Business Admin last year and it has given me great confidence in my personal ability and I've gained skills that will see my through my degree and back into the workforce. Not only that the VEC helped us with our CAO applications and personal statements and we attended courses on mature student interviews. But for it I'm not sure I'd have secured my first choice.

Don't waste the year!!!

Access course is definatly the way to go. I got accepted for Physics & Astronomy today through the CAO.

It was on the condition of me passing my FETAC level 5. which I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 power982

Hey was anyone waiting on an offer from NCAD? And did anyone get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

It's strange logging onto the CAO website knowing that you already have an offer and you're just accepting it, but a good feeling! I was offered my top 3 choices in UCD,TCD and DCU and had known for a while i was going to accept psychology in TCD yesterday, can't wait to start!

A friend of mine is going back to do Law in NUIM and another is heading off to UCD to do zoology or environmental science, would have been nice to end up in the same colege but i'm glad for them either way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

antkeane wrote: »
    Access course is definatly the way to go. I got accepted for Physics & Astronomy today through the CAO.

It was on the condition of me passing my FETAC level 5. which I did.

That sounds like a really interesting course, I've always been fascinated by the stars. And no I don't mean Jordan or whoever them whipper-snappers are in to today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Got mine! 1st choice :) so excited but I'm all alone here so I'm telling ye!!!

OH is in work, child is in bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

Same here. Even though i knew it since early May, now its all official :D

Cant wait till i start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

I am joining this forum way too late and missed out on all the pre offer excitement.

Anyways i got my first choice Business and Arts Management in IADT

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeXtER1978

Need some help please.

Q1 - I received an offer (my 6th choice - however its a level 8 - Hons degree) I don't want to accept UCD but if I did (as I need to make a decision before the 12th of July) - can I still accept an offer for Tallaght IT or Blanchardstown IT (My 1st and 2nd choice - also level 8) if I get in via my LC points or in the other rounds as a mature student?

Q2 - Lets say I don't get my 1st and 2nd level 8 choices via my LC points (which is looking more than likely as its my understanding the points for Tallaght & Blanchardstown are increasing - I have enough for last years points but it looks like ill miss out this year) I do have level 6/7 courses which I would prefer over UCD - Will I get offers for these if I accept UCD (level 8) ??

Del.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Got my first choice today, delighted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

DeXtER1978 wrote: »
    Need some help please.

Q1 - I received an offer (my 6th choice - however its a level 8 - Hons degree) I don't want to accept UCD but if I did (as I need to make a decision before the 12th of July) - can I still accept an offer for Tallaght IT or Blanchardstown IT (My 1st and 2nd choice - also level 8) if I get in via my LC points or in the other rounds as a mature student?

Q2 - Lets say I don't get my 1st and 2nd level 8 choices via my LC points (which is looking more than likely as its my understanding the points for Tallaght & Blanchardstown are increasing - I have enough for last years points but it looks like ill miss out this year) I do have level 6/7 courses which I would prefer over UCD - Will I get offers for these if I accept UCD (level 8) ??

Del.

Hi
    This is only my observation and understanding please don't take it as fact.

Q1 the offer you received so far is the highest offer you will receive as a mature student if you don't accept it you will be taking a big risk as you might not receive another offer. I am surprised you haven't heard from tallaght or blancherstown inrelation to the courses you applied too as a mature student.

Were you interviewed by these colleges?
    You still have the LC option open to you but again this is a risk. I personally would call tallaght and blanch to see y u didn't recive an offer.

Q2 on the level 6/7 I'm surprised again you didn't receive any offers again I would call the institutes you are interested in and ask why.

Sorry Wish I could be more helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

zero19 wrote: »
    Got my first choice today, delighted! :)

W
    Congrsts where did you get

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeXtER1978

sean1976 wrote: »
    Hi
    This is only my observation and understanding please don't take it as fact.

Q1 the offer you received so far is the highest offer you will receive as a mature student if you don't accept it you will be taking a big risk as you might not receive another offer. I am surprised you haven't heard from tallaght or blancherstown inrelation to the courses you applied too as a mature student.

Were you interviewed by these colleges?
    You still have the LC option open to you but again this is a risk. I personally would call tallaght and blanch to see y u didn't recive an offer.

Q2 on the level 6/7 I'm surprised again you didn't receive any offers again I would call the institutes you are interested in and ask why.

Sorry Wish I could be more helpful

I did a written assessment for Blanchardstown - made a total hash of that so I knew I wouldn't get an offer via mature student for those courses. I think I will be o.k. with these courses (either lvl 6/7/8) via my LC points.

I had an interview for Tallaght IT, I thought it went extremely well, how wrong was I. I spoke to someone in Tallaght and they said yes the interview went well however I'm on a waiting list with 20 other mature students for that course. I will definitely not get my first choice for this college with my LC points as I was told they will definitely increase this year as the interest for the course is huge!!

Yeah I really don't know what to do. I don't want to go to UCD, I heard the computing course is not that good there and its more theory than practical compared to other colleges. I know its a risk at the end of the day.....So decisions decisions over the next 4/5 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I did a written assessment for Blanchardstown - made a total hash of that so I knew I wouldn't get an offer via mature student for those courses. I think I will be o.k. with these courses (either lvl 6/7/8) via my LC points.

I had an interview for Tallaght IT, I thought it went extremely well, how wrong was I. I spoke to someone in Tallaght and they said yes the interview went well however I'm on a waiting list with 20 other mature students for that course. I will definitely not get my first choice for this college with my LC points as I was told they will definitely increase this year as the interest for the course is huge!!

Yeah I really don't know what to do. I don't want to go to UCD, I heard the computing course is not that good there and its more theory than practical compared to other colleges. I know its a risk at the end of the day.....So decisions decisions over the next 4/5 days :(

Here is the thing from my opinion. You can accept it, and then 'possibly' still be offered higher during the lc portion, which you can then accept. But you seem from the above to think you won't get any offers through in the lc portion, and if you have accepted the UCD one now, and don't get any offers then you are down as going to UCD.

You seem dead set against going to UCD (to the point where I honestly cannot understand why you put it on your CAO form in the first place). So do you really want to accept it, then if you do not get any offers head there in September? I presume (since you mention it is level 8) that it is a 4 year course? Could you stick at somewhere you don't want to be for 4 years? Or handle the possibility of sticking it for a while til you crack and then dropping out? Are you looking to claim grant/BTEA for it? And also consider the fees portion. If you go into the course, drop out and re-apply for something different next year you may be liable for fees in the several thousands of euros.

Could you consider refusing it, waiting to see if you get offers in the lc rounds and then perhaps doing an access course or similar for the year and re-applying through CAO. It would show to Tallaght/Blanch your serious commitment to the course you wish to study with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

Got my first choice - computing in Tallaght IT - absolutely delighted!!
    A big thanks to Larianne for her thread on applying as a mature student, it was a great help. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

I think UCD computing would be a very good course. I've always found that UCD has a good balance between theory & practical (I study Engineering & have done some computer science). If you aren't going to bother going to UCD then there is no point accepting the place and taking it from someone who might want to be there, but if you're willing to go to UCD if you don't get your other places then accept it.

If you accept the course and then get an offer which is higher on your list, you can accept the higher offer. You can also accept an offer from you level 6/7 list if you get one. Like say you got your number one on your level 8 and you got your number one on your level6/7, you could choose to do either of the courses.

Maybe look into UCD a bit more, you could go to the UCD forum on here & ask some questions or if you want to PM & ask me anything I'm going into 4th year in UCD this year. Then if you decide you still don't want to go, don't accept & hope you get another course, or maybe do an access course this year. If you decide you wouldn't mind going then accept the place, but if you get your higher option you can still do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Didn't get my CAO offer but did get an offer for a 2 year HETEC Higher Certificate that when completed, I'm told, will give me a good chance of advanced entry to 3rd year degree course with a few extra modules

Delighted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thanks Paperclip for all your help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Well done IPAM. And you're welcome. Best of luck with it. :)

• Advertisement

For those of you who accepted the offer online, how do I get to print the receipt of acceptance ?

I know that those who accepted it by the post will have their receipt sent by CAO, but those who did it online are told to print it by themselves.

Thats what is says at the back of CAO offer notice that came in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

muffinn wrote: »
    For those of you who accepted the offer online, how do I get to print the receipt of acceptance ?

I know that those who accepted it by the post will have their receipt sent by CAO, but those who did it online are told to print it by themselves.

Thats what is says at the back of CAO offer notice that came in the post.

You would have recieved an email. Im sure a printout would suffice.

You would have recieved an email. Im sure a printout would suffice.

The thing is I actually didn't receive any email after accepting my offer...hmmm wierd

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

The thing is I actually didn't receive any email after accepting my offer...hmmm wierd

I accepted mine VIA online aswell, i got a text, an email, and a post confirmation.

Strange you got none.

I accepted mine VIA online aswell, i got a text, an email, and a post confirmation.

Strange you got none.

Im starting freaking out now :eek:

Just have sent an email about this to CAO cause its impossible to reach them on the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

I accepted online but got none of the above :/ hopefully just a glitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

yeah i accepted mine online aswell, but got no acceptance email or letter in the post either just the the two offers but no acceptance confirmation, as i assumed that would come after the 12th july because thats the final date you have to accept in by

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

I accepted online but got none of the above :/ hopefully just a glitch
    yeah i accepted mine online aswell, but got no acceptance email or letter in the post either just the the two offers but no acceptance confirmation, as i assumed that would come after the 12th july because thats the final date you have to accept in by
    Im starting freaking out now :eek:

Just have sent an email about this to CAO cause its impossible to reach them on the phone

Once you can see it when you logon to the CAO at the top under "Acceptances" - if you see your course there, your grand, if not.. then somethings up :D

They def have my email address and mobile number because they have sent me stuff and txts in the past. Must be a glitch then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I recieved a text and email. I havnt recieved a letter as i only accepted yesterday.

Advertisement