Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What set-up you vaping with right now??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

pm him tonight, if you get it in the post tomorrow maybe you'll have it back the week after next

and it'll be a while before I sell the throathit. I'll have to vape egos only for a good while just to make sure I wont sell the TH and then the day after crave a good 5v vape :)

Cool, but I'd be better off buying the delrin bottom new, it's warped from grippage now.

Throathit came up on UKV, so I'll hopefully get that by the end of next week too! :eek:
    The 'eek' smiley's gonna have to take the place of the intended 'fap' smiley.
    I just don't know how anybody can vape above 4.2v.......it just gives a rotten taste to me.
    4.2v's too low and slow for a 3Ω atty/carto though!
    I'd be bumping towards the 5-5.5Ω zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

I just don't know how anybody can vape above 4.2v.......it just gives a rotten taste to me.

Had the same problem with a twist and c atty. 5.0 on the LT with a boge 3ohm/tank with the same juice is just great though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

grindle wrote: »
    Cool, but I'd be better off buying the delrin bottom new, it's warped from grippage now.

Throathit came up on UKV, so I'll hopefully get that by the end of next week too! :eek:
    The 'eek' smiley's gonna have to take the place of the intended 'fap' smiley.

ah, good stuff
    I can stop leaving my throathit in the dogs kennel over night to keep it safe

ah, good stuff
    I can stop leaving my throathit in the dogs kennel over night to keep it safe

If the postman can't find Carlow (black hole, right?), how the hell could I find your dog's kennel?!?

Sent from my iPhone, in your back garden, luring dog with bacon (dogs like bacon, right?)...

wick and wire arrived today, back vaping on my rda thank christ

some el toro cigarillos naturales, ego battery 1.2ohm coil in an RDA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

wick and wire arrived today, back vaping on my rda thank christ

some el toro cigarillos naturales, ego battery 1.2ohm coil in an RDA

1.2 ohm. Must be hard to keep that soaked in juice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Keeping it simple today, 650 battery and 306 atty, menthol juice

no, it's fine. 7 turns on the coil and 2 strands of the wick

i cant really get a higher ohm coil with only 2 strands of wick and .2 nichrome

I guess I could just a higher resistance wire but it's more awkward to wind as it's so thin

a coil this low ohm and a 3.2v battery seems fine.. gets me a high enough wattagte that i'm happy with the vape provided I get the flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Biansi battery and 'the tube' vision reborn thingy.
    Burn burn burn vape, burn vape burn vape vape.
    This thing hits dry too often, back to cartos.

Throathit twin 18650 mod + 3Ω Boge + Olympian tank, vaping an 18mg DIY Mountain Dew, 70PG/30VG.

Hits just like I wished the Lavatube would, and consistently, without having to charge both batteries by the end of the day (although who knows, maybe it's about to die?).
    It ploughs through juice at an amazing rate - I've vaped the same as any other day, same voltage*, and seem to have gone through twice the amount of juice, or near enough.

*Well, according to a digital readout. The LT's 5v is sickly in comparison.

• Advertisement

on my TH the voltage measured under load with a multimeter is always .2 under what is being displayed on the TH readout.. unless you're talking crazy amps like a 1.2ohm coil at 5.5V.. then it gets a little different but in general my TH over reports .2v

you shouldnt have to charge it for a while :) i was getting 2-3 days out of a single charge.

I did notice that the voltage dropped under load as the battery was nearly empty.. it kept the set voltage for a long long time but when I noticed the vape getting .. noticeably weaker I'd know it was time to charge. it's best to charge it for 20-30 minutes or until full every day but I never bothered.. charging cable was too far away

on my TH the voltage measured under load with a multimeter is always .2 under what is being displayed on the TH readout.. unless you're talking crazy amps like a 1.2ohm coil at 5.5V.. then it gets a little different but in general my TH over reports .2v

you shouldnt have to charge it for a while :) i was getting 2-3 days out of a single charge.

I did notice that the voltage dropped under load as the battery was nearly empty.. it kept the set voltage for a long long time but when I noticed the vape getting .. noticeably weaker I'd know it was time to charge. it's best to charge it for 20-30 minutes or until full every day but I never bothered.. charging cable was too far away

Thanks for the info.

If it manages to keep the voltage steady for a day at a time (as it has), colour me ecstatic.
    Sure beats the few hours until my LT got to the third bar, and on the second bar it's a no-go (vapeable, but weeeak).
    That was with 2000mAh High Drain AWs.
    Battery-swap, commence charging, rinse, repeat. yawn.gif

Have you experimented with swapping the batteries, or have you not bothered 'cos you haven't seen the need?
    I'm thinking of planting the 2000mAhs in there, just to see if the batteries themselves were causing the drop-off - even though they're 'High Drain', it's been charted that the more mAh, the more of an end-cycle levelling-off at high-voltage.
    Probably take 4 days to notice it though... Can I really be bothered? :P

if you're vaping a 3ohm coil it oughta keep the voltage steady for aboutr 2 days as the amps will be low enough

i never opened my TH up, couldnt be bothered.. 2-3 days of vaping on a single charge was more than enough for me :)

Photo64.jpg

Janty Stick V2, Boge LR Carto, Kir Fanis drip tip & e-smokeireland 12mg strawberry milkshake

My opinion of the janty stick has improved slightly since I tried a carto instead of the supplied atomizer

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Lava Tube + Vili Nova 2.8 Ohm + DIY 24mg Chocolate Espresso. Nommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

My new setup, Satin Silver Provari, Submarine tank and 3.ohm boge with Hangsen RY4 :)

qJ7ltl.jpg

newmark wrote: »
    My new setup, Satin Silver Provari, Submarine tank and 3.ohm boge with Hangsen RY4 :)

qJ7ltl.jpg

Well wear :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Rocking the Megalodon today, kicked with an 18650, Arry ACTv4 tank, with some Chocolate Mint at 12mg, lush! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Standard 510 battery with a small Boge low res cart. Not using an XXL Boge with my JTank as I've just gotten 3 duds in a row, so I'm in a huff. Currently using B&H type juice from ezsmoke.ie - not mad about it, prefer the USA mix with some mint thrown in.

Also have some mixing to do as tommy2bad kindly sent me a variety of flavours to try out to beef up the DIY mix I got wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Green smoke, I'm new to this vaping stuff but I'm definately digging it :pac: Have only smoked 2 real cigs in the past 2 days compared to what is normally 40

• Advertisement

That's the shot!!!

Keep it up, and with the money you save from not smokin, treat yourself to a nice upgraded model e-cig, much cheaper in the long run! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Finaly gone back to my e cigs and my favorite coffee flavour, I have given up on my vv's completely fed up with bottles of liquid changing and cleaning attys topping up before I go out carrying around items that look like a small telegraph pole with a sky satelite stuck on top, I honestly don't know how you put up with all the aggro.

216686.jpg

What really clinched it for me was last week went out for the night for a meal and a few pints in stab city, after my meal I reached into my jacket for my lavatube for a puff after the meal only to find my pocket wet, hadn't my bloody viva nova leaked out all my 3.5ml of juice from the theaded connection on the tank to the LT. Headed back home and got one of my twists and drank locally, the wife wasn't impressed we came back home for a pint, but needs must.

I'm using smokegreen and greensmoke but have bought a PCC as the only reason I upgraded in the first place was battery life time, this yoke does the trick, can charge 2 batteries at once, and can hold 6 cartridges, The PCC can charge 5 to 6 batteries before needing a recharge.

I know it works out more costly, but still €1.8 a day compaired to €9.2 ain't bad is it, and no topping up coilling wicks, cleaning att's and tanks when changing juice and puffing flavours I never liked anyway, just once a day unscrew and put another on, I am as happy as a pig in $hit. As for throat hit and vapour I always had no problem with either SG or GS, in fact both give me more than my silk cut blue's ever did.

Just one problem you whizz kids might be able to help me out with, I can only charge my smokegreen.ie batteries in the PCC as the greensmoke is slightly smaller thread, I prefer the greensmoke coz the battery is more consistant and better quality, I need to know what size adapter I need to screw the gs battery into and then screw the adapter in the charger connection, any ideas?

I'm after doing the same, I love the lavatube but when I'm heading out for the night I've my PCC filled with a 510 battery and 3 boge lr cartos, plenty battery life and discrete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Ego-t battery with CE4 atomiser, no leaks and a good vape. Bought as an upgrade to dual coil cartos.

4FF9F9DF-40CF-460D-B34F-3A2A1AE4FDA8-2928-000003E070B08622.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Provari, Fanis Trip tank, Boge 3ohm Flu cured tobacco/vanilla mix.
    DSC_0286.jpg

You get one of the Prive tanks?

Paid for mine the other day, and I don't even have a provari yet!!! Haha

How you finding the battery life on the 18490?

I'd say the Prive tanks will all turn up at the same time - yours included, still waiting though!

Battery time on the Provari is excellent so far. I'm using an 18650 that I put in on Thursday night and I have 3.6 volts left in it.
    I still get a day of moderate vaping out of the 18490's.

Sweet, i just had to get a mini one, love the tear drop design on it, and the 18350's will be grand, have 4 of them anyway, but the 18490's will be nice to use when on holidays and stuff! :)

547099_4481068068494_148894003_n.jpg

Heaven...

• Advertisement

liking the mini with the Prive, eeloe...
    I want one!

Advertisement