Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What set-up you vaping with right now??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It's funny. Everybody else seems to love that strawberry milkshake but I think it's one of the worst things I've ever vaped. Second only to Liqua menthol - that stuff is extremely strong in taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

It's funny. Everybody else seems to love that strawberry milkshake but I think it's one of the worst things I've ever vaped. Second only to Liqua menthol - that stuff is extremely strong in taste.

I love it but I like all the ESI juices I've tried. My fabourites would be the vampires kiss and cheesecake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the cheesecake is delicious alright. i get a strong coconut vibe from it but maybe my tastebuds are just retarded

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Have you tried it in the RDA, in a carto I got a really strong plastic taste from it, but it's delicious in the RDA.

But then I love Liqua Menthol too so ..

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

A kicked galileo with an arry tank, boge cart and RY4. Should change to a cyclone v2 when it arrives from Spain tomorrow, assuming I can wick and coil it properly.

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »

Have you tried it in the RDA, in a carto I got a really strong plastic taste from it, but it's delicious in the RDA.

But then I love Liqua Menthol too so ..

Yeah, I did alright but just didn't like it. Tried it in the stardust too. Just my taste I guess.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Oh, my current setup btw is 2 lavatubes with RDA. The plan was to have one for main use and another for backup and experimenting with coils, but I've ended up with one for menthol and the other for tobacco flavours.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

A kicked galileo with an arry tank, boge cart and RY4. Should change to a cyclone v2 when it arrives from Spain tomorrow, assuming I can wick and coil it properly.

Glad your getting on well with the Galileo, can't beat a telescopic mechanical mod!

Pick up a Don on UKV last week, delighted! :-)

You must have some collection of stuff now eeloe? Do you keep it all or shift some stuff on? Be worth a few bob I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

how you finding the RTA?

It's going to be a while, theres a definate learning curve with this thing.
    I kind of hate it right now and I will do until I suss it.

Thanks for the "Blue Waffle" ya fecker!

• Advertisement

You must have some collection of stuff now eeloe? Do you keep it all or shift some stuff on? Be worth a few bob I'd say.

I don't have that much to be fair, still have my first pair of eGo Batteries as back up...in the mods department, i have a couple, have a Silver Bullet, and Lavatube 1.5 and now the Don...

Gave my original Lavatube to my sister, and i didn't like the Smok Vmax, so sold that on.

That's not bad. I've got a couple of C twists and an RDA for pretty much full time use but I've a collection of imists, ego-c's, stardusts, DCT and carto's lying around as well. Couple of standard ego batteries too. Must get rid of some stuff actually.

This is my current set up, a galileo with a cyclone v2 RTA. It only took 2 hours, 2 wicks and 5 coils to get it working:

[IMG][/img]IMG_0346.jpg

I'm still not 100% satisfied with it, the flavour is terrific, vapour at 3.7v is unreal, but I'm still getting a burnt taste every so often.
    At the moment I couldn't recommend a repairable, because they are so finnicky, but when it does work properly the flavour is like nothing I've experienced.
    It's just I don't have time to make a new coil each week if it is going to take this long! I've obviously still not got the coil done properly but I'm not going to try again tonight.
    The main positive about the cyclone is that I don't think it can leak, which is a major plus for a RTA.

jesus, you must be busy if you can't spare time out of your week to make a coil

is it mesh wicks? you know you can re use them right? you dont have to make a new one every time

Yeah mesh wicks, I know they last but I made a balls of the first one I tried, and the coil is just awkward for me to get right with my big fingers :)
    I think I may be getting hot spots, what ever they are, and I've yet to figure out how to fix it.

yeah it can be a pain in he tits with mesh wicks

hotspots are when a section of the coil isn't being fed juice fast enough so it glows red.
    im still not sure how thick the mesh wick should be.. I did one for my RDA and while the flavour was great, the overall performance just couldnt compare to my normal silica wicks so I binned it. i'll try again in the future, but it's so fiddly.. what thickness is the perfect thickness, how much mesh should you use, etc etc

be nice if you could buy prefolled wicks :) i'd even pay a premium

I know mesh wicks are supposed to have a bit of a capillary action, buy maybe gravity could be your friend with the dry hits on that?

Anytime I see a YT vid of someone with a genesis style mod they are tilting it up while taking a draw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Twist @ 4v, lr 302 and peanut butter juice

Lavatube, SR Boge, Kir Fanis Fotia Kai tank with Irishvapers B&H, delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭borygo77

Twist, ViVi Nova V2 with dekang blueberry and CE4+ with dekang cheesecake ;)

After shortning wicks last night in CE4 and its much better than long ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Ego-C with mesh wick, Lavatube, Kentucky Blend 70/30 PG, 24mg, 3.7v

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Lavatube with two Mom & Pop sub tanks one with Ecto Cool and the other with Strawberry Milkshake @ 12mg.

ran out of wick and the wick I had in my RDA fell apart so stuck vaping on a boge carto

bah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

ran out of wick and the wick I had in my RDA fell apart so stuck vaping on a boge carto

bah

PM your address and I'll post that wick back to you, seeing as my RDA is OUT OF ACTION!!!
    Yahuh. :(

I tried a carto tank again a couple of weeks ago. Thought it would be handy for driving. The flavour is just too muted though. Might get some boges just to see if theyre better for flavour than the smoktech ones.

Another benefit of the RDA is that it doesn't seem to use up the battery anywhere near as fast as the dual coils. An eGo-C Twist 650 lasts me all day!

Currently using the Twist and RDA with Liqua Strawberry 9mg.

grindle wrote: »
    PM your address and I'll post that wick back to you, seeing as my RDA is OUT OF ACTION!!!
    Yahuh. :(

I ordered some wick last week but an post thinks where i'm living now is in a black hole. derra sent me something a few weeks back and it took a week to get to me. Hopefully i get it tomorrow

you still not able to unscrew the RDA?

I tried a carto tank again a couple of weeks ago. Thought it would be handy for driving. The flavour is just too muted though. Might get some boges just to see if theyre better for flavour than the smoktech ones.

Another benefit of the RDA is that it doesn't seem to use up the battery anywhere near as fast as the dual coils. An eGo-C Twist 650 lasts me all day!

Currently using the Twist and RDA with Liqua Strawberry 9mg.

yeah the dual coils eat through batteries right quick. Ive been mainly using the RDA on ego batteries the last while, for some reason the vape is better than with my throathit.. can't figure it out but a 650mah lasts me about a full day as well.

feels weird.. start off with egos, make the jump to VV.. then back to egos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I ordered some wick last week but an post thinks where i'm living now is in a black hole. derra sent me something a few weeks back and it took a week to get to me. Hopefully i get it tomorrow

you still not able to unscrew the RDA?
    Unscrewed, and... un-working now, too! Huzzah!

Must've pulled the RDA's wire while in panic-twist mode last night, 'tis dead.
    That didn't last long...
    yeah the dual coils eat through batteries right quick. Ive been mainly using the RDA on ego batteries the last while, for some reason the vape is better than with my throathit.. can't figure it out but a 650mah lasts me about a full day as well.

feels weird.. start off with egos, make the jump to VV.. then back to egos.
    Throathit mod sounds terrrrrrrrible. Sell it quick, hot potato, hot potato!

well if you send it back to clockworks he'll repair it quickly enough. dunno what he charges for second hand repairs, but i wouldnt say it's much.

pm him tonight, if you get it in the post tomorrow maybe you'll have it back the week after next

and it'll be a while before I sell the throathit. I'll have to vape egos only for a good while just to make sure I wont sell the TH and then the day after crave a good 5v vape :)

• Advertisement

I just don't know how anybody can vape above 4.2v.......it just gives a rotten taste to me.

Advertisement