Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

[Jackass] wrote: »
    haha, saw that too. The footage doesn't catch it well, but it seems like a few Leinster players did it at the final whistle. I think they were all taking the piss out of POC / Munster to be honest! (only confirmed by Healy doing it at training and BOD & co pissing themselves laughing at it)

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

except for Devin Toner, towering over him

In fairness, he'd tower over anyone else in the RDP12, (for all the good it does him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

[Jackass] wrote: »
    haha, saw that too. The footage doesn't catch it well, but it seems like a few Leinster players did it at the final whistle. I think they were all taking the piss out of POC / Munster to be honest! (only confirmed by Healy doing it at training and BOD & co pissing themselves laughing at it)

Bit childish imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

In fairness, he'd tower over anyone else in the RDP12, (for all the good it does him)

Well he's played in the last 4 Munster matches and we've won all of them so he must be doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

trouttrout wrote: »
    Bit childish imo

Yeah, what's the world coming to when rugby players take the mick out of each other...

I'm sure they were giving him plenty of stick over a few texts and the like. Hardly childish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Teferi wrote: »
    Yeah, what's the world coming to when rugby players take the mick out of each other...

I'm sure they were giving him plenty of stick over a few texts and the like. Hardly childish.

Ah maybe I'm just in a bad mood, mimicking him after the final whistle seems up the same alley as sledging imo though (wasn't referring to Healy doing it at training btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

It's not childish. These lads all gather together for the international window and train, eat, and chill out together and are undoubtedly friends. No doubt that after the Munster v Quins match they congratulated their Irish teammates and in the process made light of O'Connell's full-time celebration. It's no different to a couple of Leinster players attempting the Simon Zebo heel-flick during a training session.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'd say you can almost start a thread on celebrations in rugby, but tbh I thought it was a bit childish when he did it in the first place in Quinns.

When athletes like Katie Taylor and Seb Vettel do it, they're saying "I am number one" which is fine, because they're not in a team sport. I felt when Paulie did it, he was trying to say we are number 1, but it didn't look like that.

Now all of that is my own personal opinion, celebrations are something I am particularly sensitive too. I hate anything that seems in anyway calculated. For example I love it when Tom Court scores, or is even near someone scoring. You see on his face raw emotions, and the way he normally kind of fist pumps is just his body's reaction. Zebo and Bod (in France) doing their little hand thing is a bit weird, but at least it's understated. Chris Ashton swan diving is disgusting.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I hate anything that seems in anyway calculated. For example I love it when Tom Court scores, or is even near someone scoring.

Actually, if you were to ask me what celebrations I hate, I would point to Tom Court's last try. There's no celebration that grates me more than the "you can't see me" hand wave. One of the reasons I despise Mathieu Bastareaud is because he did it in the 6 nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Hagz wrote: »
    Actually, if you were to ask me what celebrations I hate, I would point to Tom Court's last try. There's no celebration that grates me more than the "you can't see me" hand wave. One of the reasons I despise Mathieu Bastareaud is because he did it in the 6 nations.

Adam Thomson..Grrrrr

• Advertisement

Oh wait nevermind. Tom Court didn't do the 'you can't see me'. He did the shush to the crowd. Don't know what made me think of the other thing, I just remember his celebration kind of grated me.

Oh wait nevermind. Tom Court didn't do the 'you can't see me'. He did the shush to the crowd. Don't know what made me think of the other thing, I just remember his celebration kind of grated me.

Actually that one is annoying! Damn it, poor example I guess. I was thinking of his other celebrations maybe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

When athletes like Katie Taylor and Seb Vettel do it, they're saying "I am number one" which is fine, because they're not in a team sport. I felt when Paulie did it, he was trying to say we are number 1, but it didn't look like that.

:confused:

Formula 1 is a team sport...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

:confused:

Formula 1 is a team sport...

Ah here ! It's not even a sport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Interesting that only Leinster players are at it and not Connacht or Ulster ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

It's not childish. These lads all gather together for the international window and train, eat, and chill out together and are undoubtedly friends. No doubt that after the Munster v Quins match they congratulated their Irish teammates and in the process made light of O'Connell's full-time celebration. It's no different to a couple of Leinster players attempting the Simon Zebo heel-flick during a training session.

The much-celebrated munster ethos is to be able to take any form of slagging, however extreme, so I reckon POC would actually see the humour in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Interesting that only Leinster players are at it and not Connacht or Ulster ones...

Your boarderline trolling in this thread isn't going unmissed. Please don't reply again in this thread for 2 weeks or you will be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I say the amount of ribbing that goes on after games and between games is unreal. I am sure the only time they are serious is when they are actually playing.

I have no doubt it is all good natured banter and POC is already plotting his revenge, maybe a tell all at his next late late show visit :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Actually that one is annoying! Damn it, poor example I guess. I was thinking of his other celebrations maybe.

Yeah! He scores so many you can easily loose track. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Jeez, what did I start? It's only a bit of banter between the two teams. The only people who are taking it seriously as those outside of the teams....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

durkadurka wrote: »
    Ah here ! It's not even a sport!

Boo-urns! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

.ak wrote: »
    Jeez, what did I start? It's only a bit of banter between the two teams. The only people who are taking it seriously as those outside of the teams....

Yeah im sorry I replied in the first place! I'ts only a bit of craic. Irish players in different provinces take the piss out of each other all the time. I thought it was hilarious by Cullen at the end.

POC at Harlequins was obviously delighted that they won the game after such a huge performance. It's just how his body reacted, nothing about him being number 1 or his team being number 1.

Also I don't have a problem with try celebrations (except for Ashton for obvious reasons). Let them do what they want, its a huge moment for a player any time they score.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »

What's quite amusing is that you'd swear POC invented the bloody thing. It's been common place for god knows how long. Sure Isa did it in 2009...

Brian-ODriscoll-celebrate-001.jpg

...Madigan in 2012...

article-2146763-132E59E5000005DC-963_634x342.jpg

...and Cronin has had a habit of it for some time too...

SeanCronin_trycelebration_LeinstervEdinburgh12.jpg

Nothing to see here folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Blessed with two outhalves coming through the system in recent years, I was just wondering - who were the last home grown Leinster outhalves before Johnny Sexton? I was thinking it was O'Meara?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Winters wrote: »
    Blessed with two outhalves coming through the system in recent years, I was just wondering - who were the last home grown Leinster outhalves before Johnny Sexton? I was thinking it was O'Meara?

Emmet Farrell was the last good one anyway. Andy Dunne and Mark McHugh were great prospects but it just never happened for them.

If you claim keatley you could say three!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Bommer is from Cork and was a scrum half for the most part.

Lads that have come through and would have had a run in the HEC 22 would have been Dunne (when he came back from Connacht) and Eoghan Hickey. Then we'd go right back to McHugh and Farrell who had brief showings for a season. Then you're back to Alan McGowan (who was the last one to have a run in the team for any length of time) and some bloke called Richie Murphy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

If you claim keatley you could say three!

We were very unlucky McKinley had to retire due to injury. He would have been a star.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

We were very unlucky McKinley had to retire due to injury. He would have been a star.

was going to mention him alright.. freak injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

McKinley may have ended up at 12 though let's not forget.

Devastating loss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement