Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Ulster will not have Ravenhill ready in time to host Pro12 final, and as such, have nominated the RDS as their "home" venue if they make it, meaning that 1st place is irrelivant for Leinster now, as long as Ulster get it, we just need to finish second and we will be in line for two home finals in the RDS this season. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22180778

It's all falling into place.

No way, cool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Ulster will not have Ravenhill ready in time to host Pro12 final, and as such, have nominated the RDS as their "home" venue if they make it, meaning that 1st place is irrelivant for Leinster now, as long as Ulster get it, we just need to finish second and we will be in line for two home finals in the RDS this season as long as we can hold on to 2nd in league and win our two home semi finals in RDS. :D

Haha ridiculous situation :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ulster will not have Ravenhill ready in time to host Pro12 final, and as such, have nominated the RDS as their "home" venue if they make it, meaning that 1st place is irrelivant for Leinster now, as long as Ulster get it, we just need to finish second and we will be in line for two home finals in the RDS this season as long as we can hold on to 2nd in league and win our two home semi finals in RDS. :D

Holy shít.... What are they thinking? Why not go with the Aviva? Now Leinster really have something to play for. Potentially, Zebre could be the last away game for Leinster for the rest of the season.

If it is an All-Irish final would we not go to the Aviva? (still some way to go yet!)

It'd be some occasion.

Also, if we don't get there, and Ulster do, I hope there'll be some contingent of Leinster lads lending a few extra 'r's for the boys!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yikes that doesn't sound ideal for Ulster at all. Having said that our record in RDS finals isn't all that great though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

What if Ulster finish 1st and play Leinster in the final, as the home side will they get the majority of tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Get the f out of here! :eek:

So we could potentially be looking at 5 straight weeks in the RDS including 2 semi-finals and 2 finals? If the lads can manage that (and do the double) I wouldn't give a fiddlers about the HEC. That'd be pretty amazing.

shuffol wrote: »
    What if Ulster finish 1st and play Leinster in the final, as the home side will they get the majority of tickets?

50/50 - All Leinster official banners etc get taking down, all Rabo stuff everywhere afaik

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

shuffol wrote: »

tickets for the rabo final are 50-50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I presume the Aviva is ruled out as it's too big and it's not assured Leinster will even be in the final. Ulster didn't sell out a Heineken Cup semi final there, so it could be a disaster if they got to the final and Leinster didn't with only 20k or so at it.

Some day the finals will no doubt be held in national stadiums, but for now I think 20 - 25k is around the right size.

However, despite the extra travel time for their fans, if I was deciding for Ulster, I would have gone for Thomond Park, due to the fact Munster definitely wont be there and it's highly possible Leinster will, and it's Leinsters ground they've nominated (and the ticket sales are 50 - 50 no matter where it's played.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MolBee

I am raging with that. I have no doubt that Leinster will be in the final either, so we have not only relinquished home advantage but handed it to our most likely opponents! Crazy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Excellent.

However, despite the extra travel time for their fans, if I was deciding for Ulster, I would have gone for Thomond Park, due to the fact Munster definitely wont be there and it's highly possible Leinster will, and it's Leinsters ground they've nominated (and the ticket sales are 50 - 50 no matter where it's played.)

I thought about that, but you're talking 4-5 hours to get there as opposed to 1 1/2 to Dublin - its a big difference. Plus the public transport to Dublin is much better.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Excellent.

Or we lose both semi-finals and we have to watch 6 teams play for silverware in Dublin for two weekends in a row... ;):(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Woohooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭MolBee

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I thought about that, but you're talking 4-5 hours to get there as opposed to 1 1/2 to Dublin - its a big difference. Plus the public transport to Dublin is much better.

I'd much much prefer Thomand, even with the extra travelling.

Tox56 wrote: »
    Or we lose both semi-finals and we have to watch 6 teams play for silverware in Dublin for two weekends in a row... ;):(

oddballkellysheroes2t1.jpg

wonder_woman_xlarge.gif

Yeah it's a good place to be in where it's extremely unlikely that we won't be playing a major final at the RDS

To add to the mouth watering drama, a possible combination of results this weekend of Ospreys beating Glasgow in Scotston (regardless of Ospreys getting a BP win or not, as long as Glasgow don't get a losing BP) and Leinster getting a BP win in Zebre would secure second spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

too many chickens being counted here...:(

• Administrators Posts: 53,525 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lucky bast.... I mean, that's a fortunate decision for Leinster.

If it is an Ulster v Leinster final (big if), I'd love to see it moved to the Aviva as there could easily be 40,000+ at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Shut up, you!

To add to the mouth watering drama, a possible combination of results this weekend of Ospreys beating Glasgow in Scotston (regardless of Ospreys getting a BP win or not, as long as Glasgow don't get a losing BP) and Leinster getting a BP win in Zebre would secure second spot.

A BP win this weekend and Glasgow loss should do it, BP or not for Glasgow. That'll put us at 73. If Glasgow lose this weekend the max they can get is 73 and with less wins than us we'd qualify for the home semi-final.

Regardless we need to be going for the 5 points this weekend. Ospreys are our bogey team and we need to give ourselves every advantage going into the last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

molloyjh wrote: »
    A BP win this weekend and Glasgow loss should do it, BP or not for Glasgow. That'll put us at 73. If Glasgow lose this weekend the max they can get is 73 and with less wins than us we'd qualify for the home semi-final.

Regardless we need to be going for the 5 points this weekend. Ospreys are our bogey team and we need to give ourselves every advantage going into the last weekend.

You are right about Ospreys being our bogey team....dearly hoping they don't make the knock out stages.

RuggieBear wrote: »
    too many chickens being counted here...:(

Definitely a lot of chickens being counted, but all the same, it's nice that we can be in a position where we have the possibility of 4 home games in a row to win 2 trophies. That's all I'm counting on. If we get to that position, then it's game on to salvage the season.

If you were to believe some fans and media folk, Leinster are a spent force and the good times are over. This would be the perfect retort to such a suggestion and would make it a good season despite our bad luck of the draw in HEC and poor form in the opening rounds.

It would definitely send us into next season with renewed optimism to carry on our dominance also. At very least, we should be racking up the domestic trophies as well as European ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

we havent been playing well enough lately to suggest we will win either trophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

When do tickets for the final go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Synode wrote: »

Once the semi's have been completed.

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »

Once the semi's have been completed and to ST Holders on both sides only afaik.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement