Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 Bargain players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Be wary of Ba. Last season he was eased into the team after celebrating Ramadan, which is basically fasting, draining his energy levels.

Assuming he hasn't changed religion or become an atheist since then, we may see the same thing happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Spent 32 on gks and defense. Cant justify any more than that.

how much have you spent on both gks + 5 defenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Formation wrote: »

34.5m for me. I allowed myself 35m so I'm happy with what I've got. 32m is very very cheap though. Who have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Biffo69 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long Ba & Cisse are out for?

I'd be amazed if they didn't play against Spurs.

Clubs have a habit of inventing injuries the week before the season starts so players don't have to go off and play meaningless friendlies, only for them to suddenly recover before the weekends club game.

Can't say I blame the clubs either, what a ridiculous time for friendlies to be scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Formation wrote: »

38m for me. 32m is far too low.

fmudxh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I spent 35.5 million on mine. I like to keep my team fairly balanced but spent 9 million on two keepers. I think keepers are worth 5 million each max.

My five defenders were 26.5 million. I've one 6.5, one 6 million, one 5 million and two 4.5 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm 35.5 as well. 32 is very cheap. You must really have scrimped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

36.5 for me but may well lose a mill off that after a few weeks once the midfielders show their hand

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

I have scrimped on the defense but the reason is that I want to have players up front who are expensive so i can do a couple of transfers when i see who the cheaper players in form are i can make 2 subs and have about 2.5 left to strengthen the defense when i know if raphael is starting, how vertoghen is doing, if swansea do the business again (have vorm), if vermaelaen is worth the cash or will arsenal continue to leak goals away, ect.

the only thing i will change before the start is maybe dyer to ireland at 5.5 (have nobel)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Has anybody got any tips on who the bargains from the promoted clubs might be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

keane2097 wrote: »

A mate of mine is a Southampton fan and highly rates Lallana (6m). Apparently he takes most of their free kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Lambert, Nolan, Noble, Harte (if he can nail down a spot), Fox all look decent options. Southampton's opening fixtures are rough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Joe Allen at 5.5 or Downing at 6.5 could turn out to be astute Liverpool related signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Federici, Mariappa, Pog, McCleary from Reading

Clyne from Southampton is a 4m defender who has been playing in midfield pre-season. Won't give you as many clean sheets as you might like, but he's bound to chip in with a few assists.

Plus, when the casual players all realise a 4m defender is playing in midfield, many will bring him in and his price should rise nicely, giving an early profit, should you want rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

i think jay rodriguez for southampton might bang in a few goals this season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

carlcon wrote: »
    Clyne from Southampton is a 4m defender who has been playing in midfield pre-season. Won't give you as many clean sheets as you might like, but he's bound to chip in with a few assists.

Plus, when the casual players all realise a 4m defender is playing in midfield, many will bring him in and his price should rise nicely, giving an early profit, should you want rid of him.

Yeah that's true, he's in my team but as far as continuing to play in midfield goes... it won't happen. He was tried out once or twice in midfield but all of the last few games he played pre-season he played right back. And the word from Southampton fans is he is nailed on to start at RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Great info on Clyne, was looking for a dependable 4.0 defender

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

My midfield is Pienaar, Kagawa, Michu, Mata and McClean. Just wondering should I get this Noble guy everyone is talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just gonna big up Ryan Bennett in defense for Norwich for 4.0m he made his debut on 31/3/2012 and played every game for the rest of the season and from checking the Canaries website has featured in most of pre-season too i'm glad i changed him from Barnett (who has a huge ownership on fpl) who i'd wager has much less chance of starting games than Bennett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 TCAS1945

IF YE WANT JOINT MY FANTASY FOOTBALL IS BACK UP FORTHIS SEASON.CODE ONE IS 67209-22550 FOR CLASSIC POINTS LEAGUE& HEAD TO HEADLEAGUE CODE IS 67209-22635.25 EURO FINE WINE VOUCHER FOR WINNERS OF EACH LEAGUE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

TCAS1945 wrote: »
    IF YE WANT JOINT MY FANTASY FOOTBALL IS BACK UP FORTHIS SEASON.CODE ONE IS 67209-22550 FOR CLASSIC POINTS LEAGUE& HEAD TO HEADLEAGUE CODE IS 67209-22635.25 EURO FINE WINE VOUCHER FOR WINNERS OF EACH LEAGUE

My ears

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

FatRat wrote: »
    Yeah that's true, he's in my team but as far as continuing to play in midfield goes... it won't happen. He was tried out once or twice in midfield but all of the last few games he played pre-season he played right back. And the word from Southampton fans is he is nailed on to start at RB.

Southamptons opening fixtures are awful though. I'm going with Jenkinson for the first few weeks and then switching to Clyne as the Sagna return/Southampton having winnable games comes around a similar time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭pah

TCAS1945 wrote: »

My ears

My eyes

That new lad United bought, Buttner, has been added. He's 5.5 million. No way would I pick him at the moment, but keep an eye on Evra's form/injuries. If he does by some complete miracle manage to get a starting position then he could be a brilliant signing. Rock solid enough defence and he seems to be handy enough going forward, which is something that Evra isn't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

That new lad United bought, Buttner, has been added. He's 5.5 million. No way would I pick him at the moment, but keep an eye on Evra's form/injuries. If he does by some complete miracle manage to get a starting position then he could be a brilliant signing. Rock solid enough defence and he seems to be handy enough going forward, which is something that Evra isn't really.

I wouldn't call United's defence rock solid at the moment to be fair!

seklly wrote: »

No but over the course of the season they'll be in the top 3 defences in the league. At the moment they aren't great but that's down to ridiculously unfortunate injuries and not a lack of quality.

seklly wrote: »

This is true. I think a lot of us (including myself) were pretty red-faced when United lined up with only 2 defenders against Everton, having had us rant and rave about how United would be solid at the back.

Give it time though. Jones and Smalling are obvious quality, Evans was super when called upon last season, and Rafael is a somewhat-decent fullback. Add that to Evra, Ferdinand, and Vidic, and United will *eventually* be the hardest team to score against again. Just not yet though.

Also: de Gea showed some real class in goal against Everton, which was promising.

carlcon wrote: »
    This is true. I think a lot of us (including myself) were pretty red-faced when United lined up with only 2 defenders against Everton, having had us rant and rave about how United would be solid at the back.

Give it time though. Jones and Smalling are obvious quality, Evans was super when called upon last season, and Rafael is a somewhat-decent fullback. Add that to Evra, Ferdinand, and Vidic, and United will *eventually* be the hardest team to score against again. Just not yet though.

Also: de Gea showed some real class in goal against Everton, which was promising.

De Gea is ridiculously good. Has all the qualities to go on and become world class. Don't forget he's only 21.

The potential age of United's defence in general is scary. Rafael 22, Jones 20, Smalling 22, Fabio 22 (when he comes back from the loan) and DDG 21. They have the bones of a world class defence there for the next 10 years or more.

If they can sort them fecking injuries out then they will be a real force again. DDG has the quality to keep them in games up until then.

I think Jonny Evans is the first of the 4 injured defenders to make it back. When he does he'll go straight in at centre half. Could be worth a shot. Won't be as much of a bargain as last year but at 6 he's much cheaper than Evra or Vidic, and he's great going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'd agree on de gea, since the new year he's been nothing short of excellent even though I still think lindergard will feature a bit this season too in the league just like last year.

On the twins I'm not convinced at all by either as long term options but that's just me.

Advertisement