Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 Bargain players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

G.K. wrote: »
    Ciaran Clark strikes me as a potential bargain.

Clark is a great player, I think he'll do well under Lambert. Not afraid to take a shot at goal (and he's pretty accurate too).

McClean was a big hitter for me last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Don't think oscar will feature too much for chelsea. Where can he fit in?

my guess is he'll play in behind the striker with hazard and mata on the wings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

manual_man wrote: »

Hard to sort it all out, Chelsea only have 15 midfield players in the squad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »

Hard to sort it all out, Chelsea only have 15 midfield players in the squad!!

I'm keeping Hazard for the double gw. I'm pretty confident he'll start both those 2 matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

is there any 4.0m goal keeper that has any chance of starting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 berry1

Will Nick Powell get much game time over the course of this season @ Man Utd?

Also, will Carlton Cole be a starter for West Ham? They have so many strikers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

berry1 wrote: »
    Will Nick Powell get much game time over the course of this season @ Man Utd?

I hope he does but he's definitely not one to pick in this game. He has a lot of potential and if you're still playing in 2-3 years then you should look at getting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

is there any 4.0m goal keeper that has any chance of starting

Henderson is the only one with a chance. Jaaskelainen was ousted by Bogdan last year and he is pushing on and is not the player he once was, as much as Big Sam loves him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jimbo2012

with dunne out for villa i tink clarke at 4.5m is a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Jimbo2012 wrote: »
    with dunne out for villa i tink clarke at 4.5m is a bargain!

How long is Dunne out for? I wasn't aware he was.

The only reservation I'd have is that Norwich weren't exactly purveyors of clean sheets last season under Lambert. That said, he has a better squad of players at Villa.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    How long is Dunne out for? I wasn't aware he was.

The only reservation I'd have is that Norwich weren't exactly purveyors of clean sheets last season under Lambert. That said, he has a better squad of players at Villa.

He's out for 6-8 weeks. Shít news for FF players and for the Irish football team. He'll miss at least one qualifier by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Not sure if its been mentioned, but is Scholes a bit of value at 5.5?
    He'll start most weeks i'd imagine, he may not play 90 minutes every week though.

Slattsy wrote: »
    He'll start most weeks i'd imagine, he may not play 90 minutes every week though.

No. He won't get more than 5 goals over the whole season and he doesn't play far enough forward to get involved with assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

anyone aware of any defenders that will start at 4 million? iv got barnett and clyne, looking for a 3rd...

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Does Tierney start for Norwich ? Or maybe Mariappa off Reading I assume he'll start .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Slattsy wrote: »

Got over 60 points last year in a half season, for 5.5 I think he's an alright option tbh. Thinking of putting him on my bench and rotating him in for Utd home games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

anyone aware of any defenders that will start at 4 million? iv got barnett and clyne, looking for a 3rd...

cheers

Dunno will Barnett start tbh, better off going with George McCartney at West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Knex. wrote: »
    Dunno will Barnett start tbh, better off going with George McCartney at West Ham.

unless Demel starts ahead of him again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Liam O wrote: »
    unless Demel starts ahead of him again...

McCartney is a left back yeah?

Wikipedia says Demel is right back, centre back or right mid. I know it's only Wiki but does anyone know different?

He played right back instead of Joey O'Brien on his debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

McCartney's competition on the left is Taylor, a winger, and some kids.

Demel and O'Brien are the right flank players.

Also Barnett will be lucky to get a start all season imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Barnett won't start if anything is right with Norwich this season. I have Clyne as my 4.0 but I'm still waiting on news of him. Apparently he's a dead cert to start but also there is word of him playing at right wing and Llanna pushing into a centre role. If that's the case then what a steal he could be at 4.0 and a defender.

I'm half thinking Stephen Ireland will have a great season. He could well play in an attacking midfield role and Lambert has recently said he'll be very important for the season. With Lambert's ridiculously attacking strategy maybe Ireland could retain his Man City form?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Who does Clyne play for?

Ok its Southampton. Who will start Harte or Shorey?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Danny Graham at £6.0m could be a serious bargain considering his first 8 fixtures are QPR, West Ham, Sunderland, Villa, Everton, Stoke, Reading, Wigan. Arguably the best start fixture-wise on paper at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Seen an article with lambert talking up Stephen Ireland, for 5.5 he could be worth a gamble, especially with Villas opening fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

iMuse wrote: »
    Seen an article with lambert talking up Stephen Ireland, for 5.5 he could be worth a gamble, especially with Villas opening fixtures.

Here is that quote from Lambert:
    Stephen is a real talent, there’s no doubt about that. It shows when he plays because there is a lot of creativity there, just like Charles. They are both really talented footballers. We will try to get the best out of them because they are very, very clever footballers. We’ve got to get Ireland in positions where he can hurt teams. I’ve got a fair idea of what I want to do with him.

At 5.5 if he stays injury-free he could be a very good budget midfielder. N'Zogbia at 6.5 could also be a good differential. Also I'd stay far away from Villa's defence :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Barry Bannan is captaining Villa today and did the last game also.
    Might be a sign that Lambert sees him as an important player . At 5 million it's worth keeping an eye on .

Also N'zogbia is playing up front for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Barry Bannan is captaining Villa today and did the last game also.
    Might be a sign that Lambert sees him as an important player . At 5 million it's worth keeping an eye on .

Also N'zogbia is playing up front for them .

Great spot Coletrickle. Bannan just scored :pac: I don't know if he will retain the captaincy though, they didn't have some of their best players playing today. But he is on most set-pieces and can score, so if he keeps a starting role he's one to look at alright.

FatRat wrote: »
    Great spot Coletrickle. Bannan just scored :pac: I don't know if he will retain the captaincy though, they didn't have some of their best players playing today. But he is on most set-pieces and can score, so if he keeps a starting role he's one to look at alright.
    Bent came on at HT, Dunne inj and Given due to play against Bremen but apart from these 3 that is basically Villa's side for the season, although Albrighton might fancy his chances to get into the side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Was Ireland part of the team today?

Advertisement