Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 Bargain players

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Yaya Toure has to be under serious consideration now for most Fantasy Football players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Was Ireland part of the team today?
    Yes he started but it was Bannan that scored from a free-kick

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

Going back to the topic of £6.5M midfielders:
    McClean or Pienaar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

tonedef wrote: »
    Going back to the topic of £6.5M midfielders:
    McClean or Pienaar?

They both did the exact same last year. They came into the game about after mid-season and finished the rest of the season very strongly. So it's up to you. They have the same history of last year. Think of the pro's and cons. With Pienaar you'll have to take the "Everton always start badly" into account. (Although I don't agree with it). Then with Mcclean you have to consider Sunderland's form and team shape. They have pretty much no striker. And there's always the "2nd season syndrome". (Don't agree with that either). I'd pick Walters if you don't have him for 6.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jazzboy97

I'd say avoid Newcastle <I could regret this> might crash and burn. DiSanto as 2nd/3rd striker would be a steal considering Moses could be gone next season Wigans goals <what few there is> will surely come from him. Chamberlain would be my late addition if he lives up to expectation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

Anyone set up a Boards.ie league ?? I'll set one up if it hasn't already......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mark26 wrote: »
    Anyone set up a Boards.ie league ?? I'll set one up if it hasn't already......
    Around two or three set up in the sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Im going with a cheap defense. Most of the weaker teams all look good for a goal. More than 1 defender and keeper at 6.0+ would be a waste of money imo.

gk1 5.0
    gk2 4.5

def1 5.0
    def2 5.0
    def3 4.5
    def4 4.0
    def5 4.0

What do you see as the best option in each price range?

4.0 clyne
    5.0 colocinni
    4.5 fabio

which players would you recommend for the other positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

My cheap as possible defense at the moment is

Green 4.5
    Begovic 4.5

Fox 4.5
    Cuellar 4.5
    Clark 4.5
    Pearce 4.5
    Demel 4.0

May bring in a Chelsea defender for week one and transfer them out once I see which of the cheapies is definitely starting. Will require good rotation and a careful eye on injuries and starting lineups but worth it for the money it frees up imo.

Why did you choose demel as your 4.0?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

bohsman wrote: »
    My cheap as possible defense at the moment is

Green 4.5
    Begovic 4.5

Fox 4.5
    Cuellar 4.5
    Clark 4.5
    Pearce 4.5
    Demel 4.0

May bring in a Chelsea defender for week one and transfer them out once I see which of the cheapies is definitely starting. Will require good rotation and a careful eye on injuries and starting lineups but worth it for the money it frees up imo.

Not a good move in my opinion, if teams start conceding 3+ goals, your defenders could get minus pts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Formation wrote: »

Not set in stone, trying to avoid more than one from any team but am worried he wont start so will probably ship him out before first game.

I obviously have a very strong mid and attack so will only ever play 3 at the back, not too difficult to rotate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Not a good move in my opinion, if teams start conceding 3+ goals, your defenders could get minus pts

ah but how often does that happen in the PL? Adding to that I'd rather get a minus point in defense and an extra assist/goal up front every week as you are far more likely to do with the money something like that frees up for the attack, there's always cheap options that reveal themselves in the early stages too. Outside of the big boys like Baines and Kompany there isn't near as many points in defense as there is in midfield/attack so a cheap defense is worth it. Mine's somewhat similar though I went for Schwarzer in goals and still trying to decide between Green and Jussi, already have 2 QPR's in my defense so probably will keep Jussi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

bohsman wrote: »

Not set in stone, trying to avoid more than one from any team but am worried he wont start so will probably ship him out before first game.

I obviously have a very strong mid and attack so will only ever play 3 at the back, not too difficult to rotate.
    Demel started the last two preseason games and McCartney is currently out with a back injury. I suspect Demel will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Who will be the surprise team so lads?
    Think Swansea may have a bad season myself, Wigan may for once be decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

For those of ye looking for a cheap midfielder, Kacaniklic of Fulham could be a decent option at 4.5m. Originally had frei (also fulham at 4.5m) but kacaniklic has gotten much more game time pre-season. He started against charlton in their final warmup game (set up their only goal) so should start their first game. Fulham have decent fixtures too so if he needs to come of the bench he could do a job imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

QPR will do well under Hughes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Demel started the last two preseason games and McCartney is currently out with a back injury. I suspect Demel will play.

any idea how long mccartney is out for? the start of the season at least? really want a west ham 4.0 defender

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Didn't realise McCartney was injured. Had him as my WH cheap 4.0 hmmmmm.

Will have to look into that so.

Thanks.

Lemlin wrote: »
    QPR will do well under Hughes.

They've improved a nice bit too in terms of players. Fabio could potentially be a gem for FPL.
    I really fancy Spurs this year, they're always thereabouts but could they challenge the big 3 of Utd, City and Chelsea (well looks like "big 3")

• Advertisement

see wigan being relegated myself. Good chance moses goes by the end of the january transfer window also if any of the reported teams interested in him are true.

They've improved a nice bit too in terms of players. Fabio could potentially be a gem for FPL.
    I really fancy Spurs this year, they're always thereabouts but could they challenge the big 3 of Utd, City and Chelsea (well looks like "big 3")
    dont agree with either point and rvp will probably stay at arsenal until january at this stage.

1. man city
    2. chelsea
    2. man united
    4. arsenal
    5. tottenham
    5. liverpool
    7. newcastle

dont agree with either point and rvp will probably stay at arsenal until january at this stage.

1. man city
    2. chelsea
    2. man united
    4. arsenal
    5. tottenham
    5. liverpool
    7. newcastle

Hard to see him going to Utd unless he forces the move or Arsenal are made sell because of money/no other offer!
    If RVP does a Rooney u turn then Arsenal will be very strong next season!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Scholes? €5.5. Will he get enough game time though? Got a fair few points last season for the time he was given?!

darego wrote: »

any idea how long mccartney is out for? the start of the season at least? really want a west ham 4.0 defender

When I last checked, physioroom had no return date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

audman wrote: »
    Scholes? €5.5. Will he get enough game time though? Got a fair few points last season for the time he was given?!

You must have asked this about 10 times on different threads at this stage.

He'll get game time. He won't get enough game time. He did get a few last year but he had the luxury of a 7 month rest before he came back.

Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Biffo69

Anybody know how long Ba & Cisse are out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Biffo69

Anybody know who's Reading number one goalkeeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Biffo69 wrote: »
    Anybody know who's Reading number one goalkeeper?

Federici, he's half decent too.

• Advertisement

Biffo69 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long Ba & Cisse are out for?

Expected return on Aug 18 for both of them

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Advertisement