Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 Bargain players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Jeez, I'm sick of being drip fed player values. Give us the damn game!

I reckon the site won't be ready for a while yet, and that's why they're drip feeding us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

This.

Either give us the game or leave us alone until it's ready. Saying that, I think Kagawa could be a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I reckon the site won't be ready for a while yet, and that's why they're drip feeding us.
    Aye.. Still I'd rather they take their time now rather than rushing it out there and having issues once the season starts.

I'm assuming Hazard will be classed as a Midfielder but there is a chance he could be a Forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Would hazard make mata a worse ff signing or will mata be playing wide in a front 3 regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Here are today's three player values: Nikica Jelavic (EVE) £8.5m, Olivier Giroud (ARS) £9m and Carlos Tevez (MCI) £6m. ‪#fpl
    ;)

tevez 6 lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

If Carlos Tevez is 6million that is huge! Surely a mistake?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

We're sorry to have got your hopes up but the real Fantasy value for Carlos Tevez should have read £9m. We will resend today's shortly. #fpl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

If Carlos Tevez is 6million that is huge! Surely a mistake?..
    Yes it is, his value is 9m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

if he stays put he will be great value at 9.0

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

well lads, 1st post on this forum but I'm a keen player!
    As for bargain players:
    Jelavic 8.5 potential???
    Danny Fox (soton) takes corners and fk i think
    Harte
    Tomkins
    Verthongen (because he may not be widely owned)
    Cleverley??
    Enda Stevens
    Shane Long
    Just a few mentioned there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i have a feeling glen johnson might not be priced as high as recent years and if he 6.0 he could be good value. but it all speculation untill the prices are out

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Avoiding man utd players at the start, poor fixtures and too many ?

did the same last season and rooney got 2 hattricks in first 4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Here are today's three player values: Luis Suarez (LIV) £9.5m, Clint Dempsey (FUL) £9.5m and Jonathan Walters (STK) £6.5m.#fpl

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

those prices are a good reflection of value. As a Liverpool fan i'm personally hoping we manage to prize Dempsey away from the Cottage, he's a great finisher, and considering the amount of chances Liverpool made(and failed to convert) last season, well, i think he'd score alot of points...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

manual_man wrote: »
    those prices are a good reflection of value. As a Liverpool fan i'm personally hoping we manage to prize Dempsey away from the Cottage, he's a great finisher, and considering the amount of chances Liverpool made(and failed to convert) last season, well, i think he'd score alot of points...

I really hope we get him too. I'm not sure if he'd be a better fantasy prospect at Liverpool or if he stayed a Fulham though. More chances created for him v nailed on starter and penalty taker. Can't decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Premier League@premierleague
    Here are today's three player values: Michel Vorm (SWA) £5.5m, Rickie Lambert (SOT) £6m and Kevin Nolan (WHU) £6m. ‪#fpl

Rickie Lambert bargain. Gonna consider him for sure

Kevin Nolan too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Be interesting to see what price Borini will be .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Borini will be 7.5-8 I reckon. Likely to be the lone striker in a side who create a lot of chances. Bellamy was 7.5 last year so I'd expect Borini to be similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

With a new manager and a difficult 2nd season ahead, I think Vorm has lost his charm. 5.5m is far too much for a Swansea keeper, IMO. There'll be too many "top 8" clubs with keepers around that price.

I'm guessing Krul will also be about that price, which would be better value, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Frederici will be the best cheap keeper option IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Agree with federici alright lads. Vorm is a bit pricey, I feel Mignolet is always worth a look too, even Green for QPR

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

one name exudes potential "bargain" for me.

his club has a new attack-minded manager, and season-on-season (bar last), he's been an epic player to have up your sleeve.

Darren Bent.

SlickRic wrote: »
    one name exudes potential "bargain" for me.

his club has a new attack-minded manager, and season-on-season (bar last), he's been an epic player to have up your sleeve.

Darren Bent.

Agree. And he should be reasonably priced. I think he started as 10.0 last year, so he should be down to maybe 9.0 this year. That's a good price considering he is a guaranteed starter for villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I'd expect/hope that a lot of the Villa team will be better value this season. They were kind of awful on all counts last season. Still think 9m may be too high for Bent, though. Let's assume he is indeed 9m: having seen the prices of Tevez (9), Cisse (9.5), and Jelavic (8.5)... and even Lambert for 6m... All better value so far, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I'd agree, Bent for £7M would make sense but if Tevez stays part of City and their first team plans then he becomes their main man for me along with Aguero and for £9M he'd be a surefire bandwagon to get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Anyone know when the Fantasy Premier League Opens to Create Leagues and Teams

WIZE wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Fantasy Premier League Opens to Create Leagues and Teams

Early this week, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, one to watch if ye trust my judgement :D

Swansea have been trying to sign Michu from Rayo in Spain, and it's looking very likely now. Very handy attacking midfielder who will probably take Siggys role in the team. 15 goals in 37 apps in La Liga last year, despite playing for a side who finished 15th.

Advertisement