Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Northern Lights Reykjavik trip - **7th - 10th February 2013** \o/

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

10th - 13th January
    Misticles wrote: »
    Can you not go into negative annual leave?

I started a job last year but had 2 weeks holiday booked 2 weeks after my start date.

Each month, your annual accrual will come off the negative amount.

You're entitled to annual leave.... you don't have to work 3 months etc to build up a week or something like that.

I wonder is that the right way to do it, because we are told we have to work it up.
    I wonder would it have anything to do with me being temporay maybe, on a yer contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I always understood it was based on weeks worked, 3 months = 1 week. Maybe it has changed but anything above, or getting more days, would depend on the employer.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

21st - 24th February
    K-9 wrote: »
    I always understood it was based on weeks worked, 3 months = 1 week. Maybe it has changed but anything above, or getting more days, would depend on the employer.

Possibly... we get 1.74 days annual leave per month worked.

How long is your contract for? if 1 year then you should be entitled to 20/21, if it's a rolling monthly I wouldn't be too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

21st - 24th February
    So what's the latest? Are people still up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

So we're going in February then, aye? Who's still up for it?

• Advertisement

I can't believe how long it is since I put that poll up :eek:
    whoops!!
    So 7th February it is :D
    I'll be busy for the next few days but once Monday comes I'll have time to research pricing for those dates. If anyone has any suggestions let me know

\o/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

21st - 24th February
    YAYYYY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I thought you were really organising a trip to Reykjavik the city.

Well worth a visit, although it's horrendously expensive and you'll find some of the biggest pricks in the world there:;)

http://www.phallus.is/phallus/index.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_Phallological_Museum

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

In Iceland more books are written, published and sold per person per year than anywhere else on the planet. One in ten will publish something in their lifetime.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/booksblog/2008/oct/03/1

So there you go.

Completely irrelevant to the thread or the trip that I am not going on because I am going somewhere warm instead.

• Advertisement

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    I thought you were really organising a trip to Reykjavik the city.

Well worth a visit, although it's horrendously expensive and you'll find some of the biggest pricks in the world there:;)

http://www.phallus.is/phallus/index.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_Phallological_Museum

Well where the hell are they going then?

Is northern lights the name of a dutch coffee shop?

It should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

21st - 24th February
    In Iceland more books are written, published and sold per person per year than anywhere else on the planet. One in ten will publish something in their lifetime.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/booksblog/2008/oct/03/1

So there you go.

Completely irrelevant to the thread or the trip that I am not going on because I am going somewhere warm instead.

Who invited you anyway?

Yeh, where the hell are we going?

Are we not going to reykjavik (hopes thread title is spelled correctly)??

I'm vury confused.

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Who invited you anyway?

They wheel me out to sign autographs at all these shindigs.

I'm kinda the Jimmy Savile of AH.

Hmm... seems Iceland Express is a RyanAir equivalent. Those flights may be cheap, but the airport if 50km from the destination...

Mind you, a bus or somesuch through 50km of Iceland's countryside might be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Hi guys,

I would be interested in this. Anybody who has read me knows I'm full of social problems and all sorts of sh!t. :pac: But I think this would be good for me.

Now I usually travel alone as identified by this thread lmao and have been tempted to go abroad to either Iceland or Turkey mid february. I have half term break between the 11th-15th february so this would be perfect for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

21st - 24th February
    Ficheall wrote: »
    Hmm... seems Iceland Express is a RyanAir equivalent. Those flights may be cheap, but the airport if 50km from the destination...

Mind you, a bus or somesuch through 50km of Iceland's countryside might be nice.

It's the same airport (Keflavik). It's about half an hour outside Reykjavik, both IcelandAir and Iceland Express fly into it. Get bus/taxi to city centre. I flew with Iceland Express when I was there a few years ago. Worked out way cheaper than Iceland Air. Rented a car for the time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

February?? Oh perfect. Plenty of time for people to start a collection going for me. :)

*bump *
    So 7th February it is :D
    I'll be busy for the next few days but once Monday comes I'll have time to research pricing for those dates.
    *poke*

Ok folks. I'm locking this thread now.
    If you voted for the 7th - 10th of february, please check your notifications. If you didn't, and you intent on coming. Please drop me a pm to be included in the arrangements :)

yaaaaaay \o/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement