Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Northern Lights Reykjavik trip - **7th - 10th February 2013** \o/

Options

Comments

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Is this a covert suck-up thread?

No. It's not. It's like an AH beers only far away.

You in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Is this a covert suck-up thread?

this thread reminds more of being in the pub on a Friday night and coming up with an idea of going to Amsterdam, but the day after half the people say they can't and the other half say maybe but when the time comes to booking it they also say no and the only other person that wants to go is the friend of a friend you think is an a-hole.

have'n said that - hope you all enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Im already sa here waiting for yas!!! :P

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7173/6775503973_9192e014fd.jpg

Great keep us all a good spot :D

Oranage2 wrote: »
    this thread reminds more of being in the pub on a Friday night and coming up with an idea of going to Amsterdam, but the day after half the people say they can't and the other half say maybe but when the time comes to booking it they also say no and the only other person that wants to go is the friend of a friend you think is an a-hole.

Yeh I'm pretty sure that's exactly how this is gonna go :(
    Oh well, it'll be fun if it goes ahead.

No, no, no - Don't listen to me. im just pessimistic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I want to go to Greenland instead, can we go to greenland goys?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Hafiði trú!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

If someone can give me a cast-iron guarantee that that bitch Bjork won't be there I'll consider going.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Hafiði trú!

gler minn er alltaf hálf fullt

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

21st - 24th February

Why must you all doubt me........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This thread is amazing! I don't live in Europe so can't go, but I will be so pleased if it actually happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I wanna go and I promise not to kill anyone on purpose!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I wanna go and I promise not to kill anyone on purpose!

Plane buddies?

Would it be OK if I rested my head on your shoulder in a totally innocent way and slept?

Would it be OK if I rested my head on your shoulder in a totally innocent way and slept?

Sure. Why not.
    I have very boney shoulders. Be warned :p

That's OK, I have very hairy head.

That's OK, I have very hairy head.

You don't sleep drool, do you?

No, but I have been known to sleep-boner.

No, but I have been known to sleep-boner.

:eek:
    Deals off.
    /hides behind air hostess

God dammit, my penis ruins everything!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

21st - 24th February
    Easy Jet have flights from Luton to Reykjavik return for €140 on the 10-17 January.

You can probably get a flight to london southend or stansted return to dublin for less than a hundred quid and get the train or bus to luton.

Ryanair do Dublin - Luton, no need for train.

Can we go a week or two earlier, and spend New Year's Eve there? Can't go mid January, will be back to work (teaching).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

bags the back of the bus/plane

Ok the back of the plane is good. You get served first. You die last. I'm up for that. I can't go in 2011. Unless it's on about Dec 29th and that's cool. We're o my planning four days xx

21st - 24th February
    Ok the back of the plane is good. You get served first. You die last. I'm up for that. I can't go in 2011. Unless it's on about Dec 29th and that's cool. We're o my planning four days xx

I'd be impressed if you could have gone in 2011!:D

End of December it is then!

Must stop posting whilst drunk :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Are newbies allowed go? I want to go

Also before the arguments break out on the plane or on the way to the airport, is it ok to for people to spend their dole on this trip?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Can we go a week or two earlier, and spend New Year's Eve there? Can't go mid January, will be back to work (teaching).

Going before you go back to work makes sense, but why do you want to spend NYE there? :confused:
    Things will be closed or more expensive, and substantially busier than usual, one would imagine.

"New Year’s Eve in Reykjavik is particularly exciting. As well as huge bonfires and spectacular fireworks around the city, almost every family has its own colourful firework display to welcome in the New Year."
    No Northern Lights that evening then...

Do you think a NYE party in Iceland will be better than a NYE party anywhere else somehow?

Also, as an aside - are we thinking Reykjavik or somewhere "out the road" a bit? I only stuck Reykjavik in the title to curb the terribly witty Iceland supermarket jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

When is crunch time for throwing your lot in?

21st - 24th February
    Ficheall wrote: »
    Going before you go back to work makes sense, but why do you want to spend NYE there? :confused:
    Things will be closed or more expensive, and substantially busier than usual, one would imagine.

"New Year’s Eve in Reykjavik is particularly exciting. As well as huge bonfires and spectacular fireworks around the city, almost every family has its own colourful firework display to welcome in the New Year."
    No Northern Lights that evening then...

Do you think a NYE party in Iceland will be better than a NYE party anywhere else somehow?

Also, as an aside - are we thinking Reykjavik or somewhere "out the road" a bit? I only stuck Reykjavik in the title to curb the terribly witty Iceland supermarket jokes.

Well if we go the end of December, we'll be there over NYE anyway, it wasn't about being there for NYE as such. Not interested in NYE parties.

All the towns outside Reykjavik are tiny. Spend a couple of days around Reykjavik seeing the sites, move out of town for a night or two to see the northern lights and come back into Reykjavik again.

You could always be sitting on the side of a volcano with a few cans in the middle of nowhere ringing in the new year looking at the northern lights!

• Advertisement

Currently 1 euro will get you just under 158 Icelandic krona.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement