Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Northern Lights Reykjavik trip - **7th - 10th February 2013** \o/

Options
  • 29-06-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭

Right, who's in? And when are we going?
    Bags/dibs/nigs/pegs not organising it :P

I nominate whoopsadaisydoodles as organiser

Edited to add the following:

So the deal: Poll is multiple choice. Please choose all dates you are able to attend. If you want your vote to count, and you haven't done so already, pm me (whoopsadaisydoodles) to confirm your interest. If we have a clear winner, that will be the date that I get confirmed pricing for. If we have a tie, I will
    put up another poll to choose the preferred date. I'll leave the first poll open for five days or until everyone who has pm'd me has voted - whichever comes first.
    I'm going to go with a multi-choice pole. Simple reason being that if 10 people can go any date in January but all choose different dates, it dilutes those votes, and if three people vote for xmas/ny it will win. If you get what I'm trying to say.

So pick all the dates you can go, and then we'll go with the highest. That ok?

I'm making the poll public, and I'm going to count the people who have pm'd me a genuine interest in going to choose the date - that fair?

Edit: Oh, and then if five dates all win, we'll throw up another one choice poll to see when people would prefer

What dates suit? Read OP before voting. All Dates are Thursday to Sunday 44 votes

27th - 30th December
    0%
    10th - 13th January
    9%
    DeedsiemidlandsmissusLapinnimrod86 4 votes
    17th - 20th January
    9%
    MisticlesJoseJonesThe MasterMeauldsegosha 4 votes
    24th - 27th January
    11%
    --Kaiser--MisticlesJoseJonesThe MasterMeauldsegosha 5 votes
    31st January - 3rd February
    11%
    --Kaiser--Misticlescoffee_cakeJoseJonesThe Master 5 votes
    7th - 10th February
    18%
    --Kaiser--Misticlescoffee_cakeJoseJonesThe MasterGuillhdowneyBoombastic 8 votes
    14th - 17th February
    22%
    --Kaiser--Misticlescoffee_cakeJoseJonesThe MasterhdowneyWhere TopookiesbooItwasntme.Boombastic 10 votes
    21st - 24th February
    18%
    --Kaiser--Misticlescoffee_cakeJoseJonesThe Masterrainbowtroutnimrod86Boombastic 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Not a mum.......... so I can't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

The shop or the country?

If it's the shop, sure I'll carry four in the car myself. If it's the country it might need some more planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Ficheall wrote: »
    Right, who's in? And when are we going?
    Bags/dibs/nigs/pegs not organising it :P

I nominate whoopsydaisydoodles as organiser - she's just too modest to start the thread herself, I reckon...

i prefer shopping at aldi ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Is that stinking chav Kerry Katona still doing the ads for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Count me out, it's far too dangerous.
    There's an unacceptably high risk of running into kerry katona or that mad bird from the x factor.
    No, no, no:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pick me up some milk and frozen peas will ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Tesco loyal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

can get a 6 pack of purple snacks there for a quid. class shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

ooooh, can we get those lil mini cheescakes, they look awesome.

But seriously. I'm in. But I am so not doing the organising.

Yeh, slight thread title fail there dude. Change it to northern lights :D And spell my name right the next time :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

21st - 24th February
    Count me out, it's far too dangerous.
    There's an unacceptably high risk of running into kerry katona or that mad bird from the x factor.
    No, no, no:mad:

A bigger risk than volcanoes??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I'm confused. Are we going to see the northern lights at the iceland frozen pizza section or desserts section?

Please say dessert section as I love their baked alaska

I'm confused. Are we going to see the northern lights at the iceland frozen pizza section or desserts section?

no it's at the detergent section.... can't be having ye ladies fattening yourselves up on junk food ;)

No no no. We're not going to Alaska. Iceland, we're going to Iceland. Keep up. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

21st - 24th February
    Here you go

approx €590 per person for 4 days 3 Nights to see the Northern lights

Who's in?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bring plenty of cash, Reykjavik is notoriously expensive, restaurants and bars especially.

The Master wrote: »
    Who's in?

As long as it's the far side of *that day we're not allowed to mention til November* then I'm in :D

All my holidays for 2012 are accounted for unfortunately.

Here you go

Who's in?

Hold up. I have to pay to spend time with you lot? In the flesh? :eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Will there be free Willy whale meat on the menu??

Hold up. I have to pay to spend time with you lot? In the flesh? :eek::eek::eek:

Jeeze, when you put it like that....

Who's idea was this again? :confused:

• Advertisement

I'm in.
    What's happening in November?
    I presume the closer it is to Christmas the better the chance of seeing the lights, aye?
    I'm very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Can we not just cook some steamed hams instead?

I'm very cheap.

So i've heard :pac:

I'm in.
    What's happening in November?I presume the closer it is to Christmas the better the chance of seeing the lights, aye?

:pac:

We're not allowed mention the C word (no, the other C word) til November. Thems the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Here you go

Who's in?

Might be possible to do it cheaper than that. www.icelandexpress.com are a budget airline, they send me offers and sales all the time. Only the other day they had a sale on for flights in Autumn, return from Stansted worked out at €180. All you'd need then it to tack on a Dublin-Stansted return with Ryanair and you'd get there and back for €230.

All you need to do to see the northern lights is to get away from the city center at night, even 20km out of Reikavik should do it.

I might be up for this as have always wanted to go to Iceland. Wouldn't mind renting a car and going to see Gulfoss Waterfall and the Blue Lagoon, both of them aren't that far outside the capital and if you stayed out in a B&B near either then you'd likely see the Northern Lights at night time as a matter of course.

Also Iceland has gotten slightly cheaper than it used to be since their economy went kaboom so now is a good time to go before the return of their €6 pints :pac:

That looks amazing. I don't think four days is enough.
    And yon naked lass has a lovely arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

If people want to send me the money I'll be happy to arrange it. Don't let the username put you off ..........I'm very trustworthy with money.........honestly.

Really, I am :D

If people want to send me the money I'll be happy to arrange it. Don't let the username put you off ..........I'm very trustworthy with money.........honestly.

Really, I am :D

His royal highness of nigeria is that you? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I only travel on my own.........:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement