Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Recruitment!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Being a bit of an obsessive by checking the joinpsni website everyday this week I noticed that they have at last changed the message from there is no recruitment during 2011 to the next recruitment is expected 2013/2014. They also have the 2013 date on the PSNI website. Someone is in the recruiting office at last. But again I get the feeling it might be a late recruitment. They might wait until June and by the time deloitte (if that is who they are staying with) are finished their phases, the major events of 2013 will be over and officers can be freed up to complete recruitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Being a bit of an obsessive by checking the joinpsni website everyday this week I noticed that they have at last changed the message from there is no recruitment during 2011 to the next recruitment is expected 2013/2014. They also have the 2013 date on the PSNI website. Someone is in the recruiting office at last. But again I get the feeling it might be a late recruitment. They might wait until June and by the time deloitte (if that is who they are staying with) are finished their phases, the major events of 2013 will be over and officers can be freed up to complete recruitment.

It takes about 10 months to go from the campaign to be advertised, for Deloitte to finish their role, medicals to take place and for the first batch of vetting to complete.

So if they started today, it would be October before any psni personel (apart from office & medical staff) would be required. I would guess it will be sooner rather than later - but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sixyeight

Guys

So what about a few guesses when the recruitment campaign will start?

I guess mid March (I am an optimist :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

After the campaign is announced what are the steps that lead up to someone taking the IST?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Usually start in first quarter, so march would be a good guess provided they have appointed a recruitment agency, agreed on process etc etc

Steps are you apply online/via post, if you meet eligibility requirements then you are invited for IST, was around two months after applying last time.

• Advertisement

Usually start in first quarter, so march would be a good guess provided they have appointed a recruitment agency, agreed on process etc etc

Steps are you apply online/via post, if you meet eligibility requirements then you are invited for IST, was around two months after applying last time.

What time frame from IST to AC?

sixyeight wrote: »
    What time frame from IST to AC?

About a month after you recieve your IST results as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Gee-22 wrote: »

Not unlike what you go through over here although maybe not in as much detail

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

sixyeight wrote: »
    Guys

So what about a few guesses when the recruitment campaign will start?

I guess mid March (I am an optimist :D)

Heard from a colleague today that it will be approx 4 weeks time

1967J wrote: »

Yip, sounds about right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 M2010

1967J wrote: »

Wow, could it really be that soon? I was thinking it was more like September onwards sometime...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

M2010 wrote: »
    Wow, could it really be that soon? I was thinking it was more like September onwards sometime...

Do applicants need a driving license in order to apply lads?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 M2010

Canyon86 wrote: »

I heard that it was something that was being considered as a new requirement. I haven't heard what has been set in stone though, if anything yet.

Canyon86 wrote: »

Not before but talk of it this time.

not too bad as long as they dont get picky over points

not too bad as long as they dont get picky over points

3 points are fine. Any more and they may frown on them a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Itwasme

Lads,

I said it before, there'll be no course before September at the earliest and i mean the earliest. The problem is not with training students, its the financial burden of paying salaries for years after thats the problem. Do the math 300 x £21000(round figure) = £7million. When you consider the budget is already being cut again, it's easy to see why recruitment keeps getting put back. The new financial year starts in April and any recruitment drive will start after that. First recruitment will have approx 160 students. Expect big numbers as the 50/50 rule is gone.

Itwasme wrote: »
    Lads,

I said it before, there'll be no course before September at the earliest and i mean the earliest. The problem is not with training students, its the financial burden of paying salaries for years after thats the problem. Do the math 300 x £21000(round figure) = £7million. When you consider the budget is already being cut again, it's easy to see why recruitment keeps getting put back. The new financial year starts in April and any recruitment drive will start after that. First recruitment will have approx 160 students. Expect big numbers as the 50/50 rule is gone.

But they won't have to pay new recruits wages until they are in garnerville.

It will happen before sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Hi again guys. Someone I know who knows someone in PSNI told me today that there will be a recruitment very soon of around 1000 students.. I refuse to believe any of this rumour-milling until I see it but this seems pretty certain.. And I've never shared any rumour-mills before as I didn't believe it credible. Apparently psni have got funding from somewhere that they didn't expect to get it.

Hi again guys. Someone I know who knows someone in PSNI told me today that there will be a recruitment very soon of around 1000 students.. I refuse to believe any of this rumour-milling until I see it but this seems pretty certain.. And I've never shared any rumour-mills before as I didn't believe it credible. Apparently psni have got funding from somewhere that they didn't expect to get it.

wow! - "IF" that was correct it would be great, but like you say nothing
    is certain till it is public (and even then liable to change!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

There is allowance already for recruitment to begin there always was a small allowance for recruitment, the rest is to be secured via Westminster. Within the following four weeks is what's been said within the service, 1000 won't be recruited, however in the long term that is a possibility, one thing that is definite is recruitment won't freeze again, the service has stagnated quite badly and room for promotion and what not is limited at this very time, 300 yes has been proposed by the chief, but this is only maintaining the current service at its current level as up to 1000 can retire within the following 10 months not all will I'm sure but a good 300 or maybe more will, the service isn't increasing its just preparing for those that will retire, all info from a close source :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Thanks pal. Omg. Can't believe that this is actually happening! I've not believed any of the other million rumours but I've a feelin about this one.. Here we go guys!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Joinpsni website was also updated with the "it is expected to resume in 2013/2014" message :)

http://www.joinpsni.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ctaylorf

Hi guys,
    I've also been lurking around these threads for a while. I was hoping someone could help me.... as part of the entry requirements to join do you need good eyesight? I wear contacts but I'm like a -1.5 in both eyes. Would this put me at a big disadvantage if I was to apply?

http://www.joinpsni.co.uk/Medical%20Standards.aspx

ctaylorf a look at the join psni website should help you.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JumpStreet

Hi everyone,
    I guess it is now, with the official update on PSNI website and the interesting rumours surrounding the beginning of recruitment, that the many lurkers may start to emerge from the woodwork....

I have been fixated on the board for a while now and just want to say thank you for all the information regarding each recruitment stage, it has been a very informative (and long) read. Here to hoping it doesn't change so much.

The running shoes have been dusted down for now. How are you all preparing for the big announcement?

JumpStreet wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I guess it is now, with the official update on PSNI website and the interesting rumours surrounding the beginning of recruitment, that the many lurkers may start to emerge from the woodwork....

I have been fixated on the board for a while now and just want to say thank you for all the information regarding each recruitment stage, it has been a very informative (and long) read. Here to hoping it doesn't change so much.

The running shoes have been dusted down for now. How are you all preparing for the big announcement?

Running shoes being dusted down, gyms being joined, nerves starting to kick in!
    This has been my dream since i was a kid, i have set my life towards this career, 4.5 years with civil defence in the republic, 1.5 with irish red cross, have a degree in Digital Forensics, Have the A,B and C1 licence.
    I'm absolutely bricking it over the maths end of things and or an interview, i have lots to talk about but my nerves always get the better of me, especially for one thing in life i want! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JumpStreet

Running shoes being dusted down, gyms being joined, nerves starting to kick in!
    This has been my dream since i was a kid, i have set my life towards this career, 4.5 years with civil defence in the republic, 1.5 with irish red cross, have a degree in Digital Forensics, Have the A,B and C1 licence.
    I'm absolutely bricking it over the maths end of things and or an interview, i have lots to talk about but my nerves always get the better of me, especially for one thing in life i want! :o

Judging by your post it does seem like you really want it. I'm sure that determination will shine through given the chance and you've got some great experience behind you.
    I am definitely with you on the wanting so much and because of it it's so hard to contain the nerves.. It only takes the sight of a police officer to get me going but I'm sure that's only normal? Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 38 black hack

i was talking to a guy who told me that garnrrville has just been refitted with 80 new beds.

• Advertisement

black hack wrote: »
    i was talking to a guy who told me that garnrrville has just been refitted with 80 new beds.

Looks like a few people will be sharing a single :pac:

I am assuming the other old beds were used over the last while, if not im guessing they're going to be a touch uncomfortable and or smelly for whoever is lucky enough to use them ! :p

Advertisement