Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

cloud493 wrote: »
    4/5 months is roughly average isn't it?

Yip ,some films even come out after only 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

17 weeks from cinema release to dvd is standard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well according to amazon theres 24 weeks between the cinema and dvd release of 71.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Well according to amazon theres 24 weeks between the cinema and dvd release of 71.

just looked it up its 18 weeks from cinema to dvd in ireland and uk , the minimum is 17 weeks as an industry common policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

WANT!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just watched it there. Was nice :)

Can't wait for part 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,019 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

amazing how interest in this has picked up again, the week the DVD rip hits the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Watched this last night.

Now I only have a passing interest in the Marvel films, I think all of them so far are very similar and follow nearly exactly the same plot/formula just cut and paste new hero/villians. (the same can be said for any Superhero movie I suppose).

But I loved this film, and I was not expecting to. I loved every minute of it.

Film of the year for me, easily.

Ya I downloaded it, but I will buy it as soon as it comes out on Bluray, I can see myself watching it again and again.

Hope the sequel and future appearances of these guys is as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

I watched this on Saturday. Absolutely fantastic. Film of the year IMO. Just the perfect movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Feel good movie of the year. The sheer charm and charisma of the cast overcomes any issues I have with the mcguffiny plot mechanics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Feel good movie of the year. The sheer charm and charisma of the cast overcomes any issues I have with the mcguffiny plot mechanics.

"If you like Pina Colada" While dancing around in space!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

amazing how interest in this has picked up again, the week the DVD rip hits the internet.

Amazing coincidence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Amazing coincidence :pac:

YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A HANDBAG

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Roar wrote: »
    YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A HANDBAG

You wouldn't shoot a policeman. And then steal his helmet. You wouldn't go to the toilet in his helmet. And then send it to the policeman's grieving widow. And then steal it again!

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Not amazing at all, purely logical that interest would pick up when a highly publicised movie becomes available for free on the internet. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I was very much looking forward to this based on the cast alone but had to abandon it after 30 minutes as my brain couldnt take anymore.

A very convoluted film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I was very much looking forward to this based on the cast alone but had to abandon it after 30 minutes as my brain couldnt take anymore.

A very convoluted film.

It's amazing how varied people's takes can be, most detractors if anything have argued that it's mcguffin dependant plot is too simple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Glen Howerton from IASIP was really close to playing peter quill in this. I would've loved to have seen that performance lmao, it would've been even goofier than Chris Pratt's I think and an amazing, well deserved break for him. Seriously, as good as Pratt is Glen Howerton would've been even more loveable

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sorry if it was posted already, but it made me giggle:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is karen gillan's cjaracter supposed be that useless and whiney?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Glen Howerton from IASIP was really close to playing peter quill in this. I would've loved to have seen that performance lmao, it would've been even goofier than Chris Pratt's I think and an amazing, well deserved break for him. Seriously, as good as Pratt is Glen Howerton would've been even more loveable

I think he would have been good, but I dont think he'd have had the same charisma really. Prat was fantastic with that in the film when he needed it. Wouldn't really see the same with Howerton. I think the balance of goofy but yet steely when he needed to be was what made Pratt fantastic.

Corholio wrote: »
    I think he would have been good, but I dont think he'd have had the same charisma really. Prat was fantastic with that in the film when he needed it. Wouldn't really see the same with Howerton. I think the balance of goofy but yet steely when he needed to be was what made Pratt fantastic.

Haha nah I dunno man, I think the difference wouldn't have been much anyway I just personally like Howerton because of his character Dennis lol

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

IvaBigWun wrote: »

A very convoluted film.

I remember being a little disappointed at the first 20-25 minutes in the cinema but once it gets going it really is a very entertaining film. Tempted to have this as the Christmas family film

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Just downloaded this in 3d as I only got to see it in 2d in the cinema . I'll watch it again on the weekend I'd say.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Just downloaded this in 3d as I only got to see it in 2d in the cinema . I'll watch it again on the weekend I'd say.

It's a post conversion so didn't bother with 3d myself, they're the reason people talk sh!t about 3d.

Here's a good site for choosing which movies are worth watching in 3d, usually I'd also check the bluray reviews

http://realorfake3d.com

Gah, the blu ray release has been delayed to monday :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Gah, the blu ray release has been delayed to monday :mad:

Anyone know how come? Xtra vision full of bku Ray boxes but not selling until Monday. Had bought a few beers coal for the fire then Cyrano vision let me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

On Amazon it said the Blu Ray release date was 24th Nov since they put the movie on the site. Maybe it's not delayed and that was the normal date.

Well it was the 21st up till about yesterday. We tend to get new blu rays on the friday and the UK gets them on monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

It's a post conversion so didn't bother with 3d myself, they're the reason people talk sh!t about 3d.
    I just watched it in 3D tonight, and even though it was converted 3D, a lot of the scenes were cool, and really popped. Lately, with the bigger Hollywood movies, converted 3D hasn't been too bad. Most of the time "real 3D", is just animated movies, anyways.

On the movie itself, it was great. Easily my favourite MCU movie.

Advertisement