Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Going back to the talk about Star Lord's father, Gunn has confirmed it's not the same character as in the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Going back to the talk about Star Lord's father, Gunn has confirmed it's not the same character as in the comics.

Ok, good to know, Adam Warlock is the most likely candidate now I would say.

Ok, good to know, Adam Warlock is the most likely candidate now I would say.

It had to be, if you watch the post credits scene in Thor 2 you can see what has to be Warlock's cocoon in the collector's collection. And in the post credits scene in Guardians you can see it broken open in the background.

It had to be, if you watch the post credits scene in Thor 2 you can see what has to be Warlock's cocoon in the collector's collection. And in the post credits scene in Guardians you can see it broken open in the background.

Did you ever think you would see the day when a character like Adam Warlock would make it to the big screen? What a time to be alive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Went to see this last night, have to say overall I was diappointed. Hadnt read any reviews so was going in with a unbiased viewpoint. Just found the whole thing a little bit, i dunno...boring? I think the music in it was definitely over-used. It seems like everytime there was a fight or a getwaway scene 'sweet home alabama' or whatever kicked in. It got tiresome towards the end. I was cringing at some points. Its a great blockbuster for the kids but out of the two summer blockbusters I preferred the lego movie.

• Advertisement

Did you ever think you would see the day when a character like Adam Warlock would make it to the big screen? What a time to be alive :)

And the second one of them flops watch as Marvel pull back and go even safer from there on out. At this stage, if Marvel thought that there was some money in a film about a janitor on the Shield helicarrier they'd be working on getting it onscreen asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

And the second one of them flops watch as Marvel pull back and go even safer from there on out. At this stage, if Marvel thought that there was some money in a film about a janitor on the Shield helicarrier they'd be working on getting it onscreen asap.

Janitor you say ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Went to see this last night, have to say overall I was diappointed. Hadnt read any reviews so was going in with a unbiased viewpoint. Just found the whole thing a little bit, i dunno...boring? I think the music in it was definitely over-used. It seems like everytime there was a fight or a getwaway scene 'sweet home alabama' or whatever kicked in. It got tiresome towards the end. I was cringing at some points. Its a great blockbuster for the kids but out of the two summer blockbusters I preferred the lego movie.

The Lego movie came out in February?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

The Lego movie came out in February?

I only saw it in the summer though! :P

• Advertisement

Well, those two points are just good business sense aren't they? And they are a business first and foremost, lest we forget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Soundtrack was daecent.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

went to see ot for the 2nd time last night girlfriend wanted me out of the way while she had work to do so I took a mate that had not seen it , I saw so much second time around its a great movie , defo top 3 so far in the marvel universe ,my mate enjoyed it but thought there was too much hype but said it developed the story of thanos quite well .
    Anyway I gotta go see it again tomorrow as I promised my niece and newphew to take them before school started on Wednesday and I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing it again for the 3rd time in (3 different cinemas so I get to clear define which is the best in my area ) the soundtrack is awesome and is used to great effect people thinking there is too much font seem to get that the music is quills only connection to earth and his mother .
    awesome news out of the states it's back at number 1 in the box office ,sin city 2 seemed to die an opening weekend death anyway all in all a great movie bring on avengers 2 and any man next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

colmufc wrote: »
    I saw so much second time around

Took until my 3rd viewing to notice that when they're arrested and being introduced one by one, Quill's alias is listed on screen as "Space Lord". Chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Took until my 3rd viewing to notice that when they're arrested and being introduced one by one, Quill's alias is listed on screen as "Space Lord". Chuckle.

ya I was looking at all that last night some funny stuff hidden away from the 1st time view

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

have to say. i loved it but didnt see this coming.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3896&p=.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats not surprising. It was gonna be GOTG or transformers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

have to say. i loved it but didnt see this coming.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3896&p=.htm

edit: that gif is spoilerish my bad so wont embed it: http://i.imgur.com/4GHJz1C.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wow, Sin City 2 tanked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Love love loved guardians of the galaxy! Was not expecting to like it as much as i did! Good storyline and enjoyable movie. Chris pratt is my new favourite superhero.. Until the next man of steel movie next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Saw this last week and loved it, some great comedy in it and the visuals were fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Naid23 wrote: »
    Love love loved guardians of the galaxy! Was not expecting to like it as much as i did! Good storyline and enjoyable movie. Chris pratt is my new favourite superhero.. Until the next man of steel movie next year!

Year after next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Naid23 wrote: »

I don't see the mess that will be Man of Steel 2 coming anywhere close to being as good as GotG.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 33,280 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't see the mess that will be Man of Steel 2 coming anywhere close to being as good as GotG.

Good article by Cracked.com about why DC likely won't reach the heights Marvel has

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-signs-dc-comics-has-no-clue-how-to-make-superhero-movies/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Sitting in the heat, drinking a beer, outside a ginormous cinema in Madrid, about to go in to see this movie..

I've avoided most commentaries, but I know much about the comics.. See ye on the other side. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Sitting in the heat, drinking a beer, outside a ginormous cinema in Madrid, about to go in to see this movie..

I've avoided most commentaries, but I know much about the comics.. See ye on the other side. .

What a sensory extravaganza... lots of stuff happening.... loads of sneaky easter eggs to tease you in the corner of the screen... colours, sounds... and ultimately very funny and a lot of fun... more than I thought it would be..

A real feel good movie... Like watching Indiana Jones, you had a sense all along that the hero would be smiling at the end... and he´s a likeable lad...

looking forward to the blu-ray to examine loads that I missed...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Eventually got to see this,my movie of the Summer.It genuinely leaves you in a good mood.It's paced perfectly & at no point is there a dip or any padding to fill out the run time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Have seen it 4 times so far, I adore it!!

And the soundtrack, still loving it, best Ive heard in a movie so far, has to be the most original and fun way of doing a superhero type movie (or any really) and still have it serious in parts, and a tad sad, love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Shred

I should finally be getting to see this tonight, I believe it's worth seeing in 3D?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Shred wrote: »
    I should finally be getting to see this tonight, I believe it's worth seeing in 3D?

I'd go for 2D if possible. 3D adds nothing except darkness.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement