Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

D3PO wrote:
    Brinty was to reach out and find out what was going on not sure if he got a reply. If hes reached out and got no reply its time to put the team into caretaker ownership and set teams based on projections and get a new owner from next season.

Ok guys,I'm gonna put this team in caretaker charge (I've not heard back from United Irishman) Lucky Lloyd has asked for a team so if there's no objections I'll give him team

On new Ireland Patriots,BBR is still involved but like plenty of us life does take over,so we'll allow him some leeway as he's doing his best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Good stuff commish.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,219 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I've sent you on my email anyway. Happy to get stuck in!

Got an email there but when I click the link to join the league I get an ‘invalid league specified’ message

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Got an email there but when I click the link to join the league I get an ‘invalid league specified’ message

New mail sent so hopefully this works for you

• Advertisement

I'm in :)

Delighted to be involved lads. Now to see what hand I've been dealt...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sorry lads, just had a lot going on at the minute so haven't even been able to catch much of the NFL at weekends let alone play fantasy. Should have probably thrown up a message before now to bow out.

Best of luck to whoever takes over, hope I haven't left it in too much of a shítheap!

Folks I'll update the draft chart for 2019 and let's see if we can get a few trades going with Lloyd

brinty wrote: »
    Folks I'll update the draft chart for 2019 and let's see if we can get a few trades going with Lloyd

runs off to check over the carcus of Llyods roster :pac:

Drew Brees is available for a pick.

Assets are available for picks, but the better the asset the higher the pick.

• Advertisement

Drew Brees is available for a pick.

Assets are available for picks, but the better the asset the higher the pick.

Jaysus poor Brees,new regime and you're fecking him out the door

I’ve agreed to trade Drew Brees to D3P0 for a third round pick. The software doesn’t seem to support trading picks. Brinty do you have to do this manually?

I’ve agreed to trade Drew Brees to D3P0 for a third round pick. The software doesn’t seem to support trading picks. Brinty do you have to do this manually?

I'll do this manually
    Gimme a couple of minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think that is an awful trade. I'd want a second at worst for Brees, I don't think I'd take that either.
    If the deal is not complete I'll offer you a second round pick for him.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think that is an awful trade. I'd want a second at worst for Brees, I don't think I'd take that either.

Deal has been announced and secondly could you imagine the NFL if teams were able to announce trades so that they could see if a better offer was forthcoming ?

If you factor in Brees age 38 and the ADP in a rookie draft of a top QB this is actually a very balanced offer.

Mahomes went in the 4th rosen, darnold, mayfield and allan all went in the 3rd round last year. Garopollo went undrafted

Wentz went a bit higher at 2.05 but not much higher given my pick will be early in the 3rd.

I've given up the average draft position for a future franchise QB to a 2-3 year rental on one of the better QBs in the game. Thats a pretty reasonable trade off.

Irrespective of all that I think its poor form to jump in trying to gazump an offer even if it were allowed.

eagle eye wrote: »

eagle eye, you know the rules, no trade offers on thread, this should all be done through the medium of the private messages.

As a further warning to anyone else, if a trade discussion is brought on thread again I will issue sanctions
    D3PO wrote: »
    Deal has been announced and secondly could you imagine the NFL if teams were able to announce trades so that they could see if a better offer was forthcoming ?

If you factor in Brees age 38 and the ADP in a rookie draft of a top QB this is actually a very balanced offer.

Mahomes went in the 4th rosen, darnold, mayfield and allan all went in the 3rd round last year. Garopollo went undrafted

Wentz went a bit higher at 2.05 but not much higher given my pick will be early in the 3rd.

I've given up the average draft position for a future franchise QB to a 2-3 year rental on one of the better QBs in the game. Thats a pretty reasonable trade off.

Irrespective of all that I think its poor form to jump in trying to gazump an offer even if it were allowed.

I think this is a reasonable deal as Brees has probably a max 2 years left in him. So LL gets a third rounder (whihc he could pick up another quarterback with, given the last few drafts) and he has Rivers and Rosen to start now.

As we always say if both parties were happy to complete the deal, who are we to say anything.

I won't comment other than to reiterate that assets are available for picks, and the better the asset the higher the pick wanted in return.

I won't comment other than to reiterate that assets are available for picks, and the better the asset the higher the pick wanted in return.

You're ok on that Lloyd, that's not a discussion on an actual trade. In another league I was in lads started discussing trades on thread and it descended into farce. We closed the league shortly thereafter. Almost everyone involved in this league is a long term fantasy player and the league is going 6 years so we should be good to keep it going for a longer time than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Micheal Thomas ends the Rams unbeaten run...and barring a Demarcus Lawrence sacking masterclass, Micheal Thomas is going to end The Towels unbeaten run as well. Oh well it's been a nice ride while it lasted.

• Advertisement

billr67 wrote:
    Micheal Thomas ends the Rams unbeaten run...and barring a Demarcus Lawrence sacking masterclass, Micheal Thomas is going to end The Towels unbeaten run as well. Oh well it's been a nice ride while it lasted.

Never say never Bill
    Have faith in DeMarcus

rather lose now than in the playoffs Bill. Just the right time to lose so that your squad feel shaken up ;)

barring a 200 yard debut for Cooper for the cowboys and only TDs being thrown to him alongside a bunch of sacks from Van der Esch my winning streak will stop at 2.

Battle of the top 4 this week and it's
    1 v 4 The Terrible Towels v Ailie Cows
    2 v 3 Bedrock Boulder v DaVegas Crew

Interesting week of fixtures ahead

over 200 points and still not finished.

really spongey ?

Im need to win out now for my first ever winning season in dynasty (Unless saquon scores 110 odd points tonight)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Well Brinty your running backs killed me and now I've lost Kupp as well. I'm turning from the 2018 Rams into the 2016 Raiders!

billr67 wrote: »
    Well Brinty your running backs killed me and now I've lost Kupp as well. I'm turning from the 2018 Rams into the 2016 Raiders!

The 2016 raiders were 10 - 6 though so not too bad. Id take the 2016 raiders for my team.

Im perpetually llike the Detroit Lions. Good enough to beat anybody on my day but more often than not lose. :o

a win and another personal best score in dynasty this week to keep my mathematical but slim playoff hopes just about alive.

The tiebreaker for same record is just points scored I presume ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Had to scramble at the last minute to fill in some bye week slots and looks like I'll get one of the lowest scoring wins I've seen. With my points scored this season I do not deserve to have a winning record. Highly unlikely to make the playoffs but still in with a shot I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Had Rob Woods and Littleton and 23 points, versus mahomes and another linebacker last night... Slept soundly knowing that mahomes would have to have the game of all games for me to lose........ Of course he did.

• Advertisement

almost cracked 200 points. 197.5 despite my 2 WRs earning 3 points between them. 4th time this year Ive broken my weekly scoring PB.

congrats to Lucky Llyod on getting his first dynasty win in a squeaker by a point. Hope he doesnt get a stat correction go against him !!

Just spotted Allie Cows play Pillow fighters in Week 13 which means mathematically I'm out of the playoff picture.

5 teams battling for 4 playoff spots. Terrible towels are confirmed as in.

Really competitive year though 5-6 record and Im 9th in the standings. Encouraged by this year, I've the 2nd highest points against total so sometimes you just have to accept that you need to have a little bit of favourable scheduling to win.

Advertisement