Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Yeah that's the way our FA works, continuous rolling waivers with auction amounts. There is never a free -for-all period

This exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

brinty when are you adding the rookies ?

and when are waivers going to be setup ? Ive just gone to make a transaction and its added the player right into my team. ive dropped him again as only fair but i thought we agreed sept 4th which would mean putting in waiver claims today ..

Sorry for the delay folks, life got in the way. Please note all teams and draft classes have now been pushed out to you all for 2018.

Free agency will run every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday as is the normal process. I have just tried to claim a player and was required to bid so that should be the same for everyone. The first free agent run should happen on Wednesday of this week

@D3PO your last draft pick (Arden Key #60 overall) has not been sent out. You are only entitled to a 30 man roster until the season is in process. Putting a player on IR does not entitle you to an extra spot before the season. You can claim Key through waivers if you want him. This has always been the way the league has operated.

Hope everyone is set for a great season. If you've any questions, queries or concerns from now or during the season, please do not hesitate to contact me and I'll do the best i can to help/ resolve it.

Best of luck to you all and how bout the Aille Cows ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Nice one Brinty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

G'luck gents, let the games begin!!

brinty wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay folks, life got in the way. Please note all teams and draft classes have now been pushed out to you all for 2018.

Free agency will run every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday as is the normal process. I have just tried to claim a player and was required to bid so that should be the same for everyone. The first free agent run should happen on Wednesday of this week

@D3PO your last draft pick (Arden Key #60 overall) has not been sent out. You are only entitled to a 30 man roster until the season is in process. Putting a player on IR does not entitle you to an extra spot before the season. You can claim Key through waivers if you want him. This has always been the way the league has operated.

Hope everyone is set for a great season. If you've any questions, queries or concerns from now or during the season, please do not hesitate to contact me and I'll do the best i can to help/ resolve it.

Best of luck to you all and how bout the Aille Cows ;)

Thanks Brinty. Henry has been designated as PUP so is ineligible for gameday roster until week 9. I always thought a player on PUP was eligible for IR ?

Thanks Brinty. Henry has been designated as PUP so is ineligible for gameday roster until week 9. I always thought a player on PUP was eligible for IR ?

Side note I think it only fair that if not the case I get an opportunity to drop somebody and have Arden Key added and not have him eligible for somebody else to nab from FA. I did post saying message me if I didnt have enough roster space free so I can ensure i had enough room for my drafts

WTH you have cut Hunter Henry from my squad !!!

Please Readd ASAP !!!

I have put in a waiver claim for Hunter Henry I am not going to apply any FA budget to him as I did not cut him and he should never have been removed from my team.

D3PO, Apologies on the Hunter Henry issue. He's now been added to your team.

Just a few points (and not just for D3PO)
    1) Your team has to be 30 players at the start of the season regardless of IR/PUP/SSPD status. The IR spot is not usable until we are in season.
    2) Its not my responsibility to monitor your team numbers. You should cut the required number of players to take in your rookie class yourself.
    3) Its your responsibility to designate the keepers on your team. I had to manually reenter the majority of teams hence the Henry error.

• Advertisement

no worries I was unaware that it could only be 30 regardless of the IR spot being used. Lesson learnt, I wasn't trying to pull a fast one.

Henry was in the IR slot as he did his ACL, was / is not expected to play this season and was expected to be placed on IR when squad cuts to 53 were announced. So I believed if fully legitimate to put him in that slot.

I didnt realise that he still counted in the 30

guys Deion Jones needs to go back into the waiver process. he got picked up as an draft today but was not a rookie and not part of the rookie draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

That's not true I've had Deion Jones since I drafted him in 2016. I've never dropped him to waivers.

See page 74 of this thread.

billr67 wrote: »
    That's not true I've had Deion Jones since I drafted him in 2016. I've never dropped him to waivers.

See page 74 of this thread.

ok no worries it jsut looked like he had been added mea culpa so.

D3PO wrote: »
    ok no worries it jsut looked like he had been added mea culpa so.

Cheers for that D3PO, as i said earlier it might appear like that as I had to manually reenter several teams. I checked with Bill and also to his final team for 2017 on the ESPN site and Deoin Jones was on his squad. Pretty sure Bill wouldn't drop one of the best linebackers in the game for no reason ;)

Everyone should have a day to now enter their free agency bids for all available players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Trade between myself and brinty:

Stefon Diggs, DeVante Parker, and Tyrod Taylor

for

Guice, Jared Goff, and Brinty's 2019 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Eh Brinty, I got Derek Rivers added to my team - instead of Philip Rivers! I knew there was something wrong when I looked through it.

Can you add him onto my roster? Or I'll bid 0 and add him that way!

Eh Brinty, I got Derek Rivers added to my team - instead of Philip Rivers! I knew there was something wrong when I looked through it.
    Sorry dude I'll get that changed asap

Its your responsibility to designate the keepers on your team. I had to manually reenter the majority of teams hence the Henry error.

I think next year we should post reminders in the thread for every team to set keepers. It's not fair to expect the GM to manually enter a number of teams (especially with rosters of 25+) and I'm presuming setting keepers fixes this problem. I'm guessing people didn't know to do it the last couple of years.

iirc, we used to do a few years ago when Spongey was gm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Masked Man wrote: »
    Its your responsibility to designate the keepers on your team. I had to manually reenter the majority of teams hence the Henry error.

I think next year we should post reminders in the thread for every team to set keepers. It's not fair to expect the GM to manually enter a number of teams (especially with rosters of 25+) and I'm presuming setting keepers fixes this problem. I'm guessing people didn't know to do it the last couple of years.

iirc, we used to do a few years ago when Spongey was gm.
    Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Brinty/All, as I inherited my team very late last year, I kept the original team name for the year. Now that it's my team through a full season I'm gonna change the name from Deez Ducks to DaVegas Crew.

Hope that's good with all, just to stop any confusion. If any probs, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Happy to see it
    Still weird to see brinty keeping the Aille Cows name :P

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Brinty/All, as I inherited my team very late last year, I kept the original team name for the year. Now that it's my team through a full season I'm gonna change the name from Deez Ducks to DaVegas Crew.

Hope that's good with all, just to stop any confusion. If any probs, let me know.

I’m going to do the same, took over the vinegar strokes last year, changed to The Shamrockers. That name always had me wondering on its origins :)

I’m going to do the same, took over the vinegar strokes last year, changed to The Shamrockers. That name always had me wondering on its origins :)

youtube.com/watch?v=mJ11-veh-YM

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

I think I was better off not knowing:o

You might of changed it sooner if you had known.

quick question (doesnt affect me but still)

it seems some people have as low as $20 I presumed FAAB would be reset each year ?

TEAM OWNER(S) POS BUDGET
    New Ireland Patriots Rob Moore 1 $ 42
    Team DublinDarren Darren O'Brien 2 $ 100
    DaVegas Crew Stephen Duggan 3 $ 45
    Aille Cows Brian Gaynor 4 $ 90
    The Shamrockers Conor Kelly 5 $ 100
    The U Kevin Moran 6 $ 79
    Dublin Jets David Lee 7 $ 97
    Bedrock Boulders Shane Grace 8 $ 91
    Pillow Fighters Rory Conaty 9 $ 100
    Bear Down Alan Lillis 10 $ 98
    The Terrible Towels Bill Reilly 11 $ 20
    Foxboro Legends McGarvey Tom 12 $ 100

It resets every year. They've probably spent $80 of theirs already.

holy crap i didnt think anybody could burn through that much FAAB and week 1 isnt even over yet lol !!

• Advertisement

as MM says it does reset each year and people have spent budgets already ;)

D3PO wrote: »
    holy crap i didnt think anybody could burn through that much FAAB and week 1 isnt even over yet lol !!

Bill added James connor for $56 so thats his big budget move
    Robb added both SF running backs for > $50 for both
    Doogs spent 45 quid

It all stacks up ;)

Advertisement